Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2012 and 08-05-2014
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016
I flew to Philadelphia on the 6th and back on the 7th, and when returning to Ottawa I was directed to stop by the Immigration counter this time (first time this has happened since I got my first work visa in 2010). This ended up being a good thing, as after I explained how long I've been waiting for the permanent residence application, the Immigration officer looked it up on her computer and informed me that everything is done for me including my background (checkmarks the whole way across she said). She told me what hasn't been resolved yet was my kids. The oldest was cancelled based on the earlier removal via statutory declaration, but the 2nd child was not cancelled yet from the one I sent for him back in April. The system showed they have the medical results on the two youngest from March but no decision yet.

However, they did send a letter to me on the 17th granting exclusion for the 2nd child, and the status update for me online now has an entry for this letter being sent.

Now it seems all they need to do now is make a decision on the two youngest children's medicals which are still good since they were done on March 31 this year.

They still may require I go and get a third medical exam myself since the 2nd one was back in May 2014 (1st one was November 2012). And I am hoping that if they do require this of me that it doesn't drag out too long such that they go back and require 3rd medicals for my youngest two children.

But I am seeing this news on both fronts as positive steps forward. Maybe my application is getting attention being one of the oldest ones still in process. I don't see much other recent activity on this forum other than my own posts.

kisaki

Sep 17, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
AOR Received.
01-04-2015
Oh my god 2012 :( I hope everything gets done ASAP. Judging by your last post, it's a bit encouraging.

bjohnson921

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Perth, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016
I called CIC today for the first time in a few months. I was surprised based on what the Immigration officer told me at the Ottawa airport in December to find that they actually still are working on my background. I am not sure why my background is taking so long since I've lived in Canada since 2010, and prior to that was in the US. Records on me should be easily available and verifiable.

But the CIC agent understandably cannot give me any idea when this will be completed, nor whether the case agent will decide at that time to extend the validity of my second medical exam or that of my two youngest children, or require me and/or them to undergo a third medical exam.

In eight days, it will have been 4 years since they received the application initially.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
bjohnson921 said:
I called CIC today for the first time in a few months. I was surprised based on what the Immigration officer told me at the Ottawa airport in December to find that they actually still are working on my background. I am not sure why my background is taking so long since I've lived in Canada since 2010, and prior to that was in the US. Records on me should be easily available and verifiable.

But the CIC agent understandably cannot give me any idea when this will be completed, nor whether the case agent will decide at that time to extend the validity of my second medical exam or that of my two youngest children, or require me and/or them to undergo a third medical exam.

In eight days, it will have been 4 years since they received the application initially.
Wow. Where are you from?

bjohnson921

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Perth, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016
I was from the Pittsburgh area, with the exception of 1988-1993 when I lived in Washington, DC (during which time I held Top Secret clearance). My background to get that didn't take this long.

I will just add here.... I am not sure what to think about whether my background really is done or not.

The Immigration officer at YOW is the one who checked on her computer in early December and told me I had checkmarks all the way across except where it dealt with the non-accompanying children, and she is the one who told me my background was complete. I am not sure if the call centre agent was looking at the same thing or was looking at prior notes and perhaps no one has written any notes to reflect the completion of the background.

It feels to me like everything should be there - if only someone would pick up the file and document its completeness and make the decision on my application.

What can I do, though?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
bjohnson921 said:
I was from the Pittsburgh area, with the exception of 1988-1993 when I lived in Washington, DC (during which time I held Top Secret clearance). My background to get that didn't take this long.

I will just add here.... I am not sure what to think about whether my background really is done or not.

The Immigration officer at YOW is the one who checked on her computer in early December and told me I had checkmarks all the way across except where it dealt with the non-accompanying children, and she is the one who told me my background was complete. I am not sure if the call centre agent was looking at the same thing or was looking at prior notes and perhaps no one has written any notes to reflect the completion of the background.

It feels to me like everything should be there - if only someone would pick up the file and document its completeness and make the decision on my application.

What can I do, though?
BJ it could be that 'top secret clearance' thing that is holding you up. If you were top secret, they are not going to willingly just give over to the Canadian government EVERYTHING in the file. They are going to spend government time to ensure that whatever they are asking for is redacted as much as necessary. Not that I agree or want your file to go on longer, but that COULD be the reason for the hold up ...

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Hi Alurra71 and bjohnson921...
How are you ?

bjohnson921

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Perth, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016
@sunsun -- am good though today marks the 4 year anniversary of when CIC received my application.

@Alurra71 -- maybe - though I wouldn't think my employment from 1988-1993 in that capacity would still be a factor. My employment records wouldn't contain anything I would think would need redacting. And the background was done before... this was just supposed to be an update to that, and I have lived in Canada only since then. RCMP and OPP should be the extent of who needs to respond. That's why I think the background may be done but the notes that the call centre agent read just weren't updated to reflect this.

I tried getting on here yesterday and it told me the topic was removed, but screech told me the system was down for maintenance. I am glad it's back now.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
bjohnson921..... wow, 4 years waiting and still no news.....Is it because one of your dependents does not want to apply PR and chooses to stay in USA ? or is it because of your background check ?
I thought USA citizens always get faster in application processing especially outland....

bjohnson921

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Perth, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016
I believe it didn't help that as each of my two oldest children reached the age of 18 they refused to comply with medical and other requirements. I had to send a statutory declaration for each one, which takes time for them to review and decide. I have favourable decisions on both of them and they are now excluded. I received a letter from CIC on 17 Dec with the favourable decision on the 2nd one, which was the only thing the Immigration officer at Ottawa Airport told me was still not confirmed as of 7 Dec.

In theory, everything should then be completed and a decision can be made, although the CIC call centre agent just told me last month that the background was still in process.

The contradictory statements from the Immigration officer and the call centre agent don't help me to be clear on where exactly I am in the process. And the longer they take to straighten everything out on their end, the more likely I think it is that they will require me to get a third medical exam for myself, and possibly a third medical exam for my two remaining non-accompanying children of minor age as my last exam was May 2014 and their last exam was a year ago yesterday. And of course the longer they take to decide that means I might have one more child reach age 18, decide not to comply, and requiring me to submit a third statutory declaration I will need to wait for.

The other part of my delay is that I applied inland. If I had applied outland before moving to Canada, it probably would have been done in months, not years. But inland applicants from the USA don't seem to have any better luck in speedy processing than from any other country.

CrazzzyCatLady

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Hello there, we have been waiting since Oct 2012. And finally our application has been processed. Now just wainting for the appointment, and it has been over a month now =((

bjohnson921

Star Member
Sep 23, 2014
Perth, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016
Good news for you! I am sure you'll hear soon about the appointment since you've made it to "Decision Made" status.

I just checked CIC online and it still says "In Process". I am almost certain the next time I hear from them will be to request that I go get my 3rd medical exam (coming up on 4 years since my first one). Once they get around to getting those results, they will require for me to get my (non-accompanying) kids their third medical exam, and I will need to go through the statutory declaration process again to remove my third child from the requirement as she turned 18 yesterday. Once that is all sorted out, they will decide the background check is too old again and need to re-do that. Then when that is cleared up it will be time for my 4th medical exam and that will be in January 2019 and I will be the only one left to post here in the 2012 inland application forums.

I am just from the wrong country to be in the fast lane I think.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
bjohnson921......

2019 ? :eek:

CrazzzyCatLady

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
bjohnson921 Still waiting for the appointment. It took other people on this forum 5-12 days, mine is approaching 2 months. We are both in the super slow lane =)) May be they just don;t like our faces hehe

Have you talked to your MP? Since ours changed from conservative to liberal they actually started to show some interest in out situation.

I think we both got sucked into the vortex of "the background check has to be redone" or they lost our files for a bit. I don't know anymore ... hope they understand how much they have disrupted our lives.

Cheers and happy waiting my friend =))

Anna