+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

CrazzzyCatLady

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Congratulations on DM and other good news!

Our age difference is 17 years. Hubby thinks that they just overlooked our application and it is in a pile somewhere ... he is much more optimistic =))

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
Mimence777 said:
It is under my side of the application, under the permanent residence one. And it wasn't there before. The last update was that my medicals were received 5 months ago.
Oh my goodness , congratulations !!!!

rachel85704

Jan 7, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11th, 2012
Med's Done....
November, 2013
I don't know what the chances are of anyone here having the same landing office as me but, just in case.... Anyone know how long the wait is for the Saskatoon, SK office to contact you after DM is received?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ArchRivalNeo said:
Thanks for your reply. However, I was talking about me travelling. If I'm out of the country and my wife gets the call to show up at the local CIC office, what would happen when she shows up there without me?
Assuming you get inland sponsorship, CIC will not complete your wife's landing and become PR. You have to show up at your wife's landing. So they will simply reschedule your wife's landing if you don't show up.

Screech339

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
We're another 2012er awaiting "patiently" for DM. Our timeline is similar to Mimence77 and Annabell

No red flags that I can think of. There is an age difference but my understanding is that relationship is evaluated at AIP stage. There have been a few foreign trips - same day to US and others overseas but never denied re-entry.

I assume that CIC officer likely assigns a bring forward date for DM stage approximately 8 months after AIP decision in the event the police check evaluation is taking a while.

That leads me to a question: In conducting records check, does CIC go back to country of origin to verify info? Some VOs are very slow in processing applications and may serve numerous countries. Might this explain the delay for some 2012ers?

CrazzzyCatLady

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
I think you might've nailed it. Some officers are just slow =)) In any case this hypothesis is as good as the others. Another Monday everybody. Another possible DM week =)))

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Tilikun said:
Hi ACS , how do you know that crossing US border w/o inspection would not incur jail time in Canada ? I've been looking tru everywhere about Canada's laws and couldn't find any "crime" like that one . Although I think you did wrong by not signing the credit card form , because it says on the website that even for an special permission to remain in canada ,a fee could be charged . I know you wouldn't think of it because is for information only , but there is a note on the website that you probly missed.
Thank you for your response Tilikun.

Generally crossing the border like that either gets you deported or asked to leave voluntarily. The judge in the US actually told my husband in front of the courts that he wanted to make an example of him because of some problems he was having with his own son!! Luckily at the end of the time served, my husband (although I didn't know him at the time it happened) was not deported, he was give voluntary departure. He had 48 hours to leave of his own accord. So at least he did get to see his mom, which is why he crossed in the first place.

That's another reason why I say it wouldn't incur jail time, as you did, I found did VERY extensive searching and found no evidence that it is considered much of a "crime" here, you just have to leave.

However, as we couldn’t afford a lawyer to confirm this, this is why the CIC Call Center reps told us to even do this For Information Only Request.

Would you mind to please provide me with the link where it says about the fee for For Information Only? I searched all over, and never found that.

Could be a case of me being silly enough to listen to THREE CIC call center reps, who told me it was NOT a chargeable request. lol. Never should believe those call center reps....even when you call 3 times to verify something, it could still be wrong I guess.

But from what I read, it was my understanding that after the For Info Only request IF they find you DO require rehabilitation, at that point you would submit an actual request for rehabilitation, and pay for it then. If you are not actually applying you wouldn’t pay the $250-1000 for rehabilitation.

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ACS said:
Thank you for your response Tilikun.

Generally crossing the border like that either gets you deported or asked to leave voluntarily. The judge in the US actually told my husband in front of the courts that he wanted to make an example of him because of some problems he was having with his own son!! Luckily at the end of the time served, my husband (although I didn't know him at the time it happened) was not deported, he was give voluntary departure. He had 48 hours to leave of his own accord. So at least he did get to see his mom, which is why he crossed in the first place.

That's another reason why I say it wouldn't incur jail time, as you did, I found did VERY extensive searching and found no evidence that it is considered much of a "crime" here, you just have to leave.

However, as we couldn't afford a lawyer to confirm this, this is why the CIC Call Center reps told us to even do this For Information Only Request.

Would you mind to please provide me with the link where it says about the fee for For Information Only? I searched all over, and never found that.

Could be a case of me being silly enough to listen to THREE CIC call center reps, who told me it was NOT a chargeable request. lol. Never should believe those call center reps....even when you call 3 times to verify something, it could still be wrong I guess.

But from what I read, it was my understanding that after the For Info Only request IF they find you DO require rehabilitation, at that point you would submit an actual request for rehabilitation, and pay for it then. If you are not actually applying you wouldn't pay the $250-1000 for rehabilitation.
Coming to or remaining in Canada without approval of rehabilitation
If you need to come to Canada but cannot apply for rehabilitation because five (5) years have not passed since the end of the sentence imposed or you are not eligible to apply for a record suspension (formerly a pardon) for convictions in Canada, you may request special permission to enter or remain in Canada. To do this, complete the Application for Criminal Rehabilitation (IMM 1444) and make sure you check the box that states “For Information Only”. Attach the documents outlined in the Document Checklist.

Note: There will be processing fees for applications for special permission to come into or remain in Canada. You will be advised of the processing fees at the time, or you can refer to our website for further details.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5312ETOC.asp#5312E5
That's why I said that at least to be on the safe side , I would just send $100 or $200 and then just wait for CIC to ask you for more money , or to send you a refund ! :)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Tilikun said:
Coming to or remaining in Canada without approval of rehabilitation
If you need to come to Canada but cannot apply for rehabilitation because five (5) years have not passed since the end of the sentence imposed or you are not eligible to apply for a record suspension (formerly a pardon) for convictions in Canada, you may request special permission to enter or remain in Canada. To do this, complete the Application for Criminal Rehabilitation (IMM 1444) and make sure you check the box that states “For Information Only”. Attach the documents outlined in the Document Checklist.

Note: There will be processing fees for applications for special permission to come into or remain in Canada. You will be advised of the processing fees at the time, or you can refer to our website for further details.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5312ETOC.asp#5312E5
That's why I said that at least to be on the safe side , I would just send $100 or $200 and then just wait for CIC to ask you for more money , or to send you a refund ! :)
Thank you very much for the link and the reply! You seem very knowledgeable!

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ACS said:
Thank you very much for the link and the reply! You seem very knowledgeable!
Hey you're welcome ! That's why We're here for , to learn and to help . God bless us all

CFC123

Feb 7, 2014
Mimence777 said:
OMG I just checked my ECAS randomly, not thinking anything have changed since yesterday, but I have a DM message updated on ECAS. I am so happy that I want to cry. :D ;D :'( I never received an e-mail nor letter, but ECAS says Decision is made on your file...so I am fine with that. And unfortunately nobody is from around here that I would know how long to wait for a landing date. :( All the best of luck to everyone waiting, I know your time will come too :).
YAY!!!! Congratulations!!!! We are almost there. 8)

ArchRivalNeo

Sep 20, 2012
JUST received an email from CIC Calgary. My wife has gotten a formal interview date for 23rd April. Whew, can finally make travel plans. So in the interview we'll get our COPR? What else can I expect? And does anyone know how long it'll take for her PR card to come in the mail? I've heard a bit over 40 days from other people. Sooo happy :)

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
ArchRivalNeo said:
JUST received an email from CIC Calgary. My wife has gotten a formal interview date for 23rd April. Whew, can finally make travel plans. So in the interview we'll get our COPR? What else can I expect? And does anyone know how long it'll take for her PR card to come in the mail? I've heard a bit over 40 days from other people. Sooo happy :)
Congrats!

Yes, your wife will get her COPR at the interview. She maybe gets a permanent SIN, too. About the timeline of PR card, please check CIC site:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Now, CIC says that it takes 52 days takes for new permanent residents to get a PR card. But this number is often changed. So, if you guys want to go to abroad, you'd better leave a little leeway in deciding the date. ;)

Deedeedar

Star Member
Jul 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Med's Request
28-10-2013
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2014
ArchRivalNeo said:
Congrats ArchRivalNeo!

I've just received my email from CIC Calgary today as well. Your wife and I have the same date 23Apr :D
Now I just have to check if my husband can take a day off on that date or not. He hasn't known this good news just yet coz he's already sleeping in other city lol ;D

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ArchRivalNeo said:
Congrats on getting a landing date. You will get your COPR at the Calgary office. As for getting a permanent SIN, I don't think the Calgary office has a SIN processing booth at the CIC office there. You may have no choice but to wait for PR card before applying for SIN.

Screech339