Med's Done....
30 Oct 2012
Interview........
DM__12 Sep 2013
Passport Req..
Med's Redo__28 Apr 2014
LANDED..........
31 May 2014
Does anyone think if there could be a discrimination regarding to income of the applicants as someone mentioned it in previous posts? Here I mean that CIC will look at your income as well as tax to predict that after getting PR, you may ask the government's funds if your income is low/very low. Thus they just let you suffer more and more time while waiting for landing date in order to see if you will give up or not. After receiving DM, they know your marriage is so real that they can't question about it, so they try to find another way to slow down the progress to the unacceptable point.

P/S: I'm sorry if my writing skill is not good & having a bad mood.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
qosmio said:
Does anyone think if there could be a discrimination regarding to income of the applicants as someone mentioned it in previous posts? Here I mean that CIC will look at your income as well as tax to predict that after getting PR, you may ask the government's funds if your income is low/very low. Thus they just let you suffer more and more time while waiting for landing date in order to see if you will give up or not. After receiving DM, they know your marriage is so real that they can't question about it, so they try to find another way to slow down the progress to the unacceptable point.

P/S: I'm sorry if my writing skill is not good & having a bad mood.
Why would you even think that? After you get AIP you can get a work permit and go to work, so them not giving you a landing date immediately doesn't affect your ability to earn income either way.

Anyone that is waiting for months and months and not getting a landing letter after DM and not calling daily to force them to action is doing themselves a disservice. If you have been waiting for more than 2 or 3 months for a landing letter, call CIC daily, hourly whatever it takes until you get that one person who will assist you and send an email request to your local office to find out WHY you haven't yet gotten your landing letter. With all the files they process, it is not too far fetched to think that perhaps your file was on the desk ready to get your letter printed up and someone went home for the night or whatever and just forgot they hadn't gotten that far and then put your file in the 'completed landing letter sent' pile. I know we all want to think that we are the most important file in the place or on the desk, but in all honesty, we are borg. We are file #446743209845670 in the processing department, ya know? ;)

Get on the phones and DEMAND your landing letter.

Good luck!

Doe123

Apr 15, 2013
Can someone who already landed, and preferably, who is sponsoring a spouse; please confirm which of the 3 offices in BC you went to? Thanks!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Doe123 said:
Can someone who already landed, and preferably, who is sponsoring a spouse; please confirm which of the 3 offices in BC you went to? Thanks!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp
Inland sponsorship applications are handled by Expo Blvd. The Howe St office is BRO-V ("Backlog Reduction Office - Vancouver") and handles primarily H&C and refugee applications as I understand it. I think the only thing the Surrey office handles are Citizenship applications.

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Di_vas said:
I'm almost in the same boat but 5 months in Etobicoke with 2-4 months waiting period. I called few times to the Call Centre and they told me that my file is in the Etobicoke office and....keep calm :(
Really..? I got my DM January 9th and Landed at Etobicoke Feb 12th. I landed this passed wednesday…

canuck2k

Star Member
Sep 19, 2012
canuck2k said:
Still waiting for the PR card to arrive...hopefully it comes very soon because we booked our vacations and leaving on March 4th!
I figured three months would be enough to allow for PR card to show up but it is starting to make me a bit nervous. I hope it comes next week!

CIC Call Centre agent said that they sent the card to the address of our consultant on January 30.
I thought they send it to your residential address!

ccL1

Jun 18, 2013
Doe123 said:
We're now approaching 7 long months since DM with no word from the Vancouver office! And the Call Centre is not all that helpful. What more can be done? Is this a reasonable time to wait? Can anyone provide a telephone number for the Vancouver office responsible? Perhaps a re-scheduling # from someone's landing appointment letter? Thanks for any help!
We waited 9 months since DM with no word from the Vancouver office, until we heard back from the Call Centre that my wife's medical results have expired. Vancouver has sent my wife's file to Mississauga to get an extension on medical results. If Mississauga approves, then my wife's file goes back to Vancouver, where I hope they expedite the landing appointment process. If Mississauga doesn't approve, then my wife has to do her medical tests again, which further delays the process by several months.

Make sure your medical results have not expired! That could be the problem. I kept calling the Call Centre to see if everything was ok for the past several months, and they said "no problem, the Vancouver office is just busy...". It's only in the 9th month (after I called 100 times) that they finally discovered the problem that my wife's medical results have expired. :(

I hope this helps.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
canuck2k said:
CIC Call Centre agent said that they sent the card to the address of our consultant on January 30.
I thought they send it to your residential address!
I thought so as well, the next question would be is why the hell hasn't your consultant contacted you to let you know they have it?

Di_vas

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2012
Doc's Request.
10-08-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
Happywife08 said:
Really..? I got my DM January 9th and Landed at Etobicoke Feb 12th. I landed this passed wednesday...
Really!!!???!!!Congratulations to you!
But...I`m so tired! I don`t know what to do...what to think....It's unfair.

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
So I am here still here waiting without AIP or anything else all I get from the call agent is the requested document as not been received yet. Even the MP got the the same information. Does anybody know how long it takes CIC to up update a document on file, they requested for it in Nov last year and I sent it since nov 13th 2013, it's now 3 month and still no word what a luck I have am sure I am the only left from 2013 forum with no AIP or DM, all I wanted is just AIP wld be much happy with at list AIP! God please save me from CIC!

Sorry guys for my rants, it's just bin so crazy! Congrats to all who have got through this crazy process of Immigration! And to those waiting like me, like my MP says all you can do is to wait!

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
nairaboy said:
So I am here still here waiting without AIP or anything else all I get from the call agent is the requested document as not been received yet. Even the MP got the the same information. Does anybody know how long it takes CIC to up update a document on file, they requested for it in Nov last year and I sent it since nov 13th 2013, it's now 3 month and still no word what a luck I have am sure I am the only left from 2013 forum with no AIP or DM, all I wanted is just AIP wld be much happy with at list AIP! God please save me from CIC!

Sorry guys for my rants, it's just bin so crazy! Congrats to all who have got through this crazy process of Immigration! And to those waiting like me, like my MP says all you can do is to wait!

Nairaboy,

Sorry to hear about your delays. Have you requested GCMS notes?

I would like to take a roll call of all 2012 applicants still awaiting DM. When did 2012 applicants receive AIP (i.e. how long awaiting DM)?

In our case, AIP was mid-Oct 2013, so has only been 4 months (CIC standard is 8 months for stage 2 - DM).

Mimence777

Jul 26, 2013
Hello Migrain,
I am past the 4 months marker already. I received my AIP on Oct/04/2013 and have been waiting since then. They asked me to re-do my medicals,they received them at the end of October and updated the system right away. There is a couple of thinks that I am wondering about though... CIC says 8 months for stage 2 approval, does it mean that they wouldn't open anybody's file that received an AIP until the 8 month marker...and do these 8 months include interview as well, or just the DM? Also, how come they are already going towards the second half of 2013 processing docs when there are people from 2010,2011, and 2012 that are still waiting...a bit unfair?!? I am honestly starting to grow increasingly impatient.... :mad: :'(.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Mimence777 said:
Hello Migrain,
I am past the 4 months marker already. I received my AIP on Oct/04/2013 and have been waiting since then. They asked me to re-do my medicals,they received them at the end of October and updated the system right away. There is a couple of thinks that I am wondering about though... CIC says 8 months for stage 2 approval, does it mean that they wouldn't open anybody's file that received an AIP until the 8 month marker...and do these 8 months include interview as well, or just the DM? Also, how come they are already going towards the second half of 2013 processing docs when there are people from 2010,2011, and 2012 that are still waiting...a bit unfair?!? I am honestly starting to grow increasingly impatient.... :mad: :'(.
hELLO! What the cic agent told me (and hopefully she is right)...on the 8th month mark, you should be landing by then... meaning the process should be complete... but it depends to the local office where you'll gonna be landing... some offices are very quick.. other offices , you have to wait for 6 months before landing...

CFC123

Feb 7, 2014
charmainefrances said:
hELLO! What the cic agent told me (and hopefully she is right)...on the 8th month mark, you should be landing by then... meaning the process should be complete... but it depends to the local office where you'll gonna be landing... some offices are very quick.. other offices , you have to wait for 6 months before landing...
Thanks for giving me some hope!!! 8)