+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

jay2011

Aug 22, 2013
hi Screech339,

me and my husband are from India, he has been a PR for 3 yrs. Located in Halifax now. I submitted the medical and pc of both India and Canada along with the application.

i have a query....can we get a owp at port of entry. i know spouses of closed work permit holders can get. Does the same hold good for PRs?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jay2011 said:
hi Screech339,

me and my husband are from India, he has been a PR for 3 yrs. Located in Halifax now. I submitted the medical and pc of both India and Canada along with the application.

i have a query....can we get a owp at port of entry. i know spouses of closed work permit holders can get. Does the same hold good for PRs?
You will get your OWP in the mail after you get your AIP. Chances at the same time since you submitted your OWP in with application.

Screech339

Jaimeirl

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-12-12
AOR Received.
22-1-13
Med's Request
24-10-13
Med's Done....
Nov 12 and 18-11-13
LANDED..........
11-06-14
Here's a question.

So we submitted our app and police checks and medicals,but owp app,do we now have to wait for aip before we submit our owp app or can we send it in now before aip?

fedepinedo

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-05-2012
Jaimeirl said:
Here's a question.

So we submitted our app and police checks and medicals,but owp app,do we now have to wait for aip before we submit our owp app or can we send it in now before aip?
No problem. You can submit it any time before the aip but physically not onli

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jaimeirl said:
Here's a question.

You can submit your OWP application anytime. They will just inform you that they will not process the application until you get your AIP first. If you want to get OWP at same time of getting AIP, you should submit it in paper application as early as possible so that your OWP is ready to be process and ready by AIP status. If you wait until after you get AIP, you have option to apply online for OWP. It may be faster but not 100% sure on that.

Screech339

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karito said:
Same happened to me, my spouse still have our old address is his driver's licence which is just a different apartment in the same building, so he thinks is a waste of time to change it. Yesterday in my landing interview the officer didn't even ask him anything, we joked that I could go with anybody and they wouldn't even know if be was my spouse, for what I notice and I read in another thread here, you sponsor (if they ask about proof of living together could show any document which proof you live together) is up to the person to show whatever they want, but most of the cases they don't even ask the sponsor for that. Good luck tomorrow and one more thing read carefully your COPR before you signed dot be like me lol now I have to fill out some forms for the correction of my original entry to canada :p
Thanks Karito for the advice! :) I will still bring every other documents just in case they really ask for it. Oh, and I appreciate for reminding me about COPR. I will totally read every word and make sure the dates are correct. Hope everything will go smoothly tomorrow!! I've had so many good experience, great information sharing and encouragement in this forum. I'm grateful to have met all of you here.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Good luck to neyuli on your landing and becoming a PR today.

@jay2011

I have added you to the timesheet. Let me know if I inputted any dates incorrectly.

Screch339

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

First I'd like to thank Screech for the good luck this early morning!

I just got back from the interview. It was pretty quick, we only had to wait about 10 mins to get called inside the room. This Kitchener office is pretty small so not many couples were present when we were there. The immigration officer who interviewed us was really laid-back. He made me double check everything on the COPR and then initial and sign where applicable. He didn't even ask my sponsor a single question. He also said that all of this information will be sent to Nova Scotia for the process of the PR card and i will receive the card in the mail in 4 to 6 weeks, which i know is a total lie, lol :p. It probably takes way longer than that. Then he asked if I had any questions, and I asked about my traveling plan to the States with the COPR and he said it's no problem if I travel by car. Exactly what Screech has told me :) - credit to Screech! That's it. I became a PR as of today. Then, there was a lady from Service Canada at one of the counter so I proceeded to get my permanent SIN number and DONE! Nothing has changed since I signed the paper but I feel more confident and more as one with this country for some reason lol. Last but not least, thank you everyone for helping me through this long and suspenseful process. I wish all the best to all of you and that good news will come to you soon!!

ps: I'm not ready to leave the forum yet so i will still hang around for now :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
neyuli said:
Nothing has changed since I signed the paper but I feel more confident and more as one with this country for some reason lol.
Your legal status in Canada has changed. Once you are a PR you have most of the rights of citizens, like the right to enter Canada (which for PRs is a right as a matter of law, while for Citizens it is a right guaranteed by the Charter). You have the right to live and work anywhere in Canada. You can't vote, though, and there are some jobs which are restricted to citizens.

Congratulations!

yvr1234

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
Congrats neyuli!!! :)

yvr1234

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
yvr1234 said:
Finally we got a letter requesting where we've traveled for the last 6 month so they can have "an extension of medical result".
Well, we can't go anywhere really. But since OWP, we drove across the border a few times.
Does that mean will we get another DM? Or we will be getting a landing interview date soon???
Pretty frustrated...
Answering my own question
www dot cic dot gc dot ca/english/resources/tools/medic/assess/cert.asp

So the condition for reassessment for a new medical certificate are:
Final decision pending only due to the expiration of the medical certificate OR the validity of the medical certificate is about to expire and the client is unable to land before it (Responsibility of Visa/ Immigration Officer)

Since hubby's medical exam was done less than 15 months ago, hopefully we will get a new medical certificate and be given a landing interview soon.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Okay, I've checked the mail today, so it's official. 10 months today since app was received, and nothing since AOR. Blerg.

CIC's lucky that we have plenty of booze in the house, some fresh corn on the cob, and some steaks for the grill tonight, or I might start a riot or something, lol.

Congrats to those who've landed or received landing dates! It's at least nice to know that there ARE still some human beings doing some work at CIC. SURELY they'll have to get around to my AIP soon. Surely...right?!?!?!? :D Bonne fin de semaine, my fellow immigrants. Once the hubby gets off work and we hit the gym, I'm going to shower off and get DRUNK.

NicJohn

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Vancouover
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
Doc's Request.
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-12-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
05-11-2013
northvancouverestonian said:
Hello everyone

received my DM yesterday (23rd of August). Vancouver office will contact me, so probably another 2 months of waiting until the actual landing.
Congrats! We have very similar timelines (only a day or two different) hopefully my DM will come next week. Also in Vancouver!