INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh I'm not worried about entering US, I have been there a lot of times already. They usually don't ask me about my job in Canada.. Its going back that makes me worried a bit, cuz for any reason they deny me entry I would have to do the whole process again not to mention the fees. I guess I will just wait for the PR card and not see my parents. Would have been perfect if my landing appointment didn't take too long.. thanks for your reply

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
templast said:
Hi everyone,

I've been one of the silent visitors to this forum and I'm glad to inform everyone that I received my DM today. Now I know what if feels like to get a DM. I can't even begin to describe it but it starts by jumping around like a mad person lol...My local office is hamilton so will be waiting for a landing interview date. I wish everyone the best as we all go through this journey. Saying its stressful will be an understatement but its progressing smoothly.

Please see my timeline below.

Application Received: August 31,2012
AOR: November 24, 2012
AIP: February 15,2013
DM: April 18, 2013

Templast
Congrats!-Two months after AIP and less than eight months to DM!-They are definitely working their butts off and that,makes me a very happy girl ;D

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jenny12345 said:
Oh I'm not worried about entering US, I have been there a lot of times already. They usually don't ask me about my job in Canada.. Its going back that makes me worried a bit, cuz for any reason they deny me entry I would have to do the whole process again not to mention the fees. I guess I will just wait for the PR card and not see my parents. Would have been perfect if my landing appointment didn't take too long.. thanks for your reply
You're welcome. That's good that you were able to enter US number of times without issues. I still think you would be able to re-enter Canada however if your OWP says "does not allow re-entry" then that may be a problem and you could get denied since you broke the rules knowing full well that you have that note written on your OWP. Not only would you have to redo the application, you would be require to redo it outside Canada. That would suck major time

Screech339

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
jenny12345 said:
Am sorry that you wouldn't be able to see your parents! :(-I haven't seen mine in over 11 years and miss them dearly!!- When we finish the process though,not being able to see our own parents will be a thing of the past! ;)

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Well it looks as though someone has locked the spreadsheet already. Please PM me and let me know. Congrats Jor on your DM. When I said I was looking at deleting people from the spreadsheet I did not mean to say people who do not participate but people whose information is way behind. People who have registered and then no updates since. Do not worry about being deleted because if you are one that I feel should be deleted you would have got a PM from me.

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
We've got DM and it'll be Scarborough office.
Anyone know how long it takes before we get the letter from Scarborough on the landing date? And I assume the landing date can be a few weeks from the date the letter was issue.

My wife just completed her first year of the pastry arts management program and did fairly well, her grades actually put her in a good situation of getting a baker assistant position for the summer recruitment.
However, we didn't apply OWP because we weren't expecting her to work in the summer (not sure how well she would do in school that could get her a field-related job, or if she needs any summer class), and I wasn't sure if I can manage being a home-dad at the same time as a realtor (but it worked out fine). Although I know I can still apply an OWP for her now, but we're afraid it would becomes pointless if (1) the OWP isn't ready until July, then the job will be gone and she'll be back to school in Sept anyways, and (2) after we applied OWP, we get contact from landing office for interview.

However, my wife agreed that if she cannot work for money, maybe she can just work as a volunteer for charity. (Is that legal?) She wants to do volunteer (such as baking pastries for charity organizations), so she can master her skills, get experience, learn from others, build relationship/connection/resume for the future, and of course she's a Christian, so she wouldn't mind doing good things for the needed people.

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
wolanila said:
YaffAm I bet yours is comming soon. I bet there working on it right now :)
It's a really nice words to start my day! Thanks wolanila..

U made my day already.. :D
Keep on coming DM!!!!

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Penna7 said:
YffAm, no depend ands, just me. But don't worry, you will hear something soon! It might be longer with dependant!
Congrats again penna7,

Maybe that is why mine is taking a while because i have a accompanying dependent. I hope they will take it as a consideration but still Im so thankful coz the process now is not that long!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
walter8299 said:
We've got DM and it'll be Scarborough office.
Anyone know how long it takes before we get the letter from Scarborough on the landing date? And I assume the landing date can be a few weeks from the date the letter was issue.

My wife just completed her first year of the pastry arts management program and did fairly well, her grades actually put her in a good situation of getting a baker assistant position for the summer recruitment.
However, we didn't apply OWP because we weren't expecting her to work in the summer (not sure how well she would do in school that could get her a field-related job, or if she needs any summer class), and I wasn't sure if I can manage being a home-dad at the same time as a realtor (but it worked out fine). Although I know I can still apply an OWP for her now, but we're afraid it would becomes pointless if (1) the OWP isn't ready until July, then the job will be gone and she'll be back to school in Sept anyways, and (2) after we applied OWP, we get contact from landing office for interview.

However, my wife agreed that if she cannot work for money, maybe she can just work as a volunteer for charity. (Is that legal?) She wants to do volunteer (such as baking pastries for charity organizations), so she can master her skills, get experience, learn from others, build relationship/connection/resume for the future, and of course she's a Christian, so she wouldn't mind doing good things for the needed people.
I think your wife would be okay doing volunteer work so long that the volunteer work doesn't actually displace a working position.

As for how long for your letter from scarborough, you could be wait up to 3 weeks before getting letter. We are waiting for Etobicoke office for letter too and it been 3 weeks already. Someone gotten a DM on march 28 in Vancouver just got the letter a day or 2 ago. This gives us hope that we may get a letter shortly too.

Screech339

nairaboy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2012
Doc's Request.
17-01-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2013
Interview........
10-06-2015
screech339 said:
Nairaboy,

I never mess with Rusty's timesheet. I download the copy and personalized it to suit my preferences. A read only on rusty timesheet would prevent people from messing up the original timesheet. When the timesheet was open for revision I wouldn't dare change anything on it as it is not my place to change someone else's work when other people depend on it to status updates viewing.

Screech339
Very true Screech339, very true...!

esthersun

Apr 17, 2012
Re: Quebec INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

Hello Everyone,

I have sent my application from Quebec in DEC 2012. I received CSQ in March 2013. Is there anyone who knows when I could get AIP letter?

Thank you.

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Mrembo and Screech.. and congrats to all the new DM's!

Migrain

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
walter8299 said:
My wife just completed her first year of the pastry arts management program and did fairly well, her grades actually put her in a good situation of getting a baker assistant position for the summer recruitment....
However, we didn't apply OWP ...if (1) the OWP isn't ready until July, then the job will be gone and she'll be back to school in Sept anyways, and (2) after we applied OWP, we get contact from landing office for interview.
-----------------
Maybe I'm missing something, but can't your wife apply for an Off-Campus Work Permit (OCWP) that is valid during the summer and academic year?

My wife applied on-line for OCWP in March and it took less than 2 weeks to process.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
@Jiggy...
I think that my prediction is wrong...