+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

berket

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Hey Guys I'm new here.

I had a question about inland sponsorship.

If I marry a girl on a visitor visa..what does that mean in terms of sponsporship time? Is it faster the sponsoring her from overseas?

and can she stay with me while the application is being processed?

Thanks

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
jiggyzealous said:
@ thatgirl 123
If medicals were valid for 6 months mine would have been expired already but medicals are valid up to one year from the date it was done. In some instances, CiC even voluntarily extends the medical. However, I'd advise you to send in the medical now because I heard medicals are assessed before background and security. You'll save time in the end. You'llsoon ssee the light. It's coming
Yea! Im going to get them done very soon! Just gotta get a day off work so I can take him, now, is a good a time as any!

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
Rusty53 said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG. I am in absolute shock! It's is us today. I just recieved my wife's email on my work computer. WE HAVE DM!!!!!! No mistake this time. I have to run out to a meeting right now so I will send more info later. I am physically breathless right now!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! CONGRATS RUSTY AND THE OTHERS !! LOOKS LIKE I MISSED ALOT OF EXCITEMENT HERE TODAY! Wow! I feel so happy for all of you!!!

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
berket said:
Hey Guys I'm new here.

If I marry a girl on a visitor visa..what does that mean in terms of sponsporship time? Is it faster the sponsoring her from overseas?

Thanks
It is faster to sponsor from overseas but once she's staying with you in Canada you have to file inland application which will take longer. I think outland process is faster because they want family/ married couples are being able to unite asap. The timeline for outland right now is 30 days, however it also depends on the visa office of the country you file your app. Inland takes around 10 to 14 months (6 months for stage 1, 8 months for stage 2). Here is the link to check: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ berket

i meant 30 days for stage 1 and however long for stage 2 depending on the visa office of the country where you file you app. Sorry for the confusion.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
berket said:
Hey Guys I'm new here.

Thanks
She is already in Canada? Then, you can choose both Inland and Outland. Generally, it is said that outland is faster than inland. But I think it depends on where she is from. Some overseas visa office take a lot of time for Step2.

About staying. Yes, she can stay with you. Be careful not to be overstay. Until she gets PR, she can extend her visitor visa.

Please read CIC site, carefully. Good luck!

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
Good Morning All,

Could somone one tell me what the UCI # number is? I am not sure how to obtain that.

Thank you,

Rajani

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
nrajani_99 said:
Good Morning All,

Could somone one tell me what the UCI # number is? I am not sure how to obtain that.

Thank you,

Rajani
Rajani,

It is written on the visitor record. Below country of citizenship slot. Under Client ID - ID DU CLIENT. It is a 8 digit number.

Screech339

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
screech339 said:
Rajani,

It is written on the visitor record. Below country of citizenship slot. Under Client ID - ID DU CLIENT. It is a 8 digit number.

Screech339
Thank you sooo much..

Brandy444

Apr 4, 2013
Victorswife said:
I wonder if CIC is giving a good final push to all the pre-Oct 25 applications to make way for their new protocol of Conditional PR's received after Oct 25th. What do you think?
I hadn't thought of that -- excellent point. Our app was received on 10/18 so hopefully you're right and our app will be done soon enough!

berket

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Tomorisu said:
She is already in Canada? Then, you can choose both Inland and Outland. Generally, it is said that outland is faster than inland. But I think it depends on where she is from. Some overseas visa office take a lot of time for Step2.

About staying. Yes, she can stay with you. Be careful not to be overstay. Until she gets PR, she can extend her visitor visa.

Please read CIC site, carefully. Good luck!
The thing is she is from Pakistan which is 28 months for outland application. So im wondering if its better to just do it inland at least we can be together

neyuli

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ berket
if i was you i would do inland. 28 months takes way too long. And for inland, since she has an application in process, she's subject to stay under implied status anyways (in case her visitors visa expired).

Good luck!

hn1234

Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
30-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
24-Nov-2012
Interview........
AIP + DM: 7-Nov-2013
LANDED..........
08-Jan-2014
Rusty53 said:
Sorry for taking so long to get back. For some reason I am super busy at work today. I phoned home awhile ago and the Thai party has already started. Unfortunately I can't join them yet. I have to say I am still in shock. I still can't believe it. As happy as I am I feel bad that we got DM sooner than people who submitted before me. I am especially sad for my buddy Wolanila, I have been checking the forum everyday in hopes that you would be next. I feel like I have won an Acadamy Award and there are so many people to thank.

To an outsider it does not seem like a long process but if you take into account all that has to happen before are even ready to apply it is is long. If I go back to the very beginning, we started the process in March of 2010. Five trips to Thailand, two visitors visas and two trips by my wife to Canada, it is bigger than it looks. I work with a number of immigrants so I have people in my office who understand and are happy along with us today.

I now know how my DM got accidently posted last week. One person reading this is laughing right now. My only comment to you is " You are a friend and you knew how to make me laugh and feel good." After I had admitted last week that I had made a mistake on the spreadsheet I told my wife that I didn't do it. She said that this was a sign that we were getting DM soon. I said ok to appease her but I really never believed it. You know who you are and thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I have to also say that my wife thought I was crazy a few weeks ago when I wanted to stop in Vegreville and talk to an empty building but hey it worked I guess. Ntonchu, you were right when you said it would bring good luck. Please remember that I asked for DM's for all 2012 Applicants not just for mine.

Do not worry I will not be desserting my friends yet. I will still look after the spreadsheet. I will let you know when it is time for me to move on.

Wolanila, I am in Regina tomorrow, I will call you tonight. You bet I am buying beers if you are up for it.

Cogratulations Rusty to you and your wife! This is amazing news.... I am happy to hear that you will not be deserting the spreadsheet as it is what gives us hope in this long unknown process.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
berket said:
Hey Guys I'm new here.

Thanks
Berket,

Since you say your spouse is from Pakistan and it takes 28 months to process PR sponsorship, you are better off applying inland since inland timeline based on cic websites listed 14 months total.

For those that wondered to apply inland or outland, outland is usually done for spouses from visa exempted countries. Inland for spouse that require visa to enter Canada. However with my wife from Albania, she holds a Visitor Visa and with Rome office timeline of 14 months the same as Inland timeline we went with inland approach. Having 2 kids also forces us to apply inland so the kids are not separated from me during sponsorship if we were to apply outland.

Another way to determine whether to apply inland vs outland is unless spouse apply at one of the 17 visa offices out of 46 that has a timeline of 13 months or less total, spouse is better off applying inland.

Now my wife has received Decision Made 7.5 months after receiving application. A lot quicker than thought.

Still waiting for snail mail from local CIC office for landing appointment date.

Screech339

sarakhans

Star Member
Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
08-08-2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) 11-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-03-2012
LANDED..........
(DM) 15-04-2013
berket said:
The thing is she is from Pakistan which is 28 months for outland application. So im wondering if its better to just do it inland at least we can be together

I'm from Pakistan too, and it takes way to long at the Embassy there. Inland would be a way better option..