+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

gagagenpo

Dec 24, 2012
Hey there, i have a query lingering in my mind. I came to Canada in 2004 and now a citizenship holder. I had a boyfriend when I applied for PR, that time on the form I mentioned married as marital status. In 2007, I went to my country of origin India and made a marriage certificate with him. In 2008, I tried to sponsor him but few months later found out that he had married to someone else and was cheating on me. I immediately sent a letter to the Canadian immigration reporting the incident and declaring my marriage null and void. I received confirmation letter in 2009 from immigration mentioning the marriage was null.
Now, I am into a serious relationship and plans to marry my current boyfriend from India after a month. Would my previous annulled marriage create any problem? I couldnt seek divorce from my ex as our relation has badly aggravated. In my tax file and all the other documents, my marital status is single. I got my citizenship in 2011 and I mentioned myself as single in the form. I tried to contact immigration and Indian consulate for the same but they keeps transferring me to each other. I am confused, some says the case is closed so, there wont be any problem. Can anyone help me please? I shall be very thankful.

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
In stage 1 they review the sponsor and the relationship which means the applicat as well.
In stage 2 they do the security,medical and background check for the sponsored person.

Thanks gjfst,
I guess that means they are working on my application then ;D-crossing my fingers for AIP soon :)

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Finally got around to filing for an OWP last night. Based on CIC website my wife should be able to start work by the end of March. I have my fingers crossed that the AIP's for July applicants will keep coming!

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rusty, I'm also applying for work permit. I have waited until now as CIC officer told me that I will be receiving PR max. in 2 months after I've receive AIP. Do you mind sending me the link? It seems I can't find anything lately. Thanks in advance.

Rusty53 said:
Finally got around to filing for an OWP last night. Based on CIC website my wife should be able to start work by the end of March. I have my fingers crossed that the AIP's for July applicants will keep coming!

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
pearl75 said:
Rusty, I'm also applying for work permit. I have waited until now as CIC officer told me that I will be receiving PR max. in 2 months after I've receive AIP. Do you mind sending me the link? It seems I can't find anything lately. Thanks in advance.
pearl75, I am not very good at attaching links. I logged onto MyCIC and found an OCWP Request and filled it out on line and filed it electronically. I received the receipt of confirmation immediately. I hope this helps

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does the wide variation in how long it takes to go from AIP to PR have anything to do with what country is involved?

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks will check again.

Rusty53 said:
pearl75, I am not very good at attaching links. I logged onto MyCIC and found an OCWP Request and filled it out on line and filed it electronically. I received the receipt of confirmation immediately. I hope this helps

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
pearl75 said:
Sorry but what you mean "land" ? I'm already in Canada. Do you mean if I receive PR before they start procession my OWP application? Sorry it is late and my brain does not work after 7pm :) Thanks again!
Land = become a pr.

Permanent Residents aren't eligible for work permits as only foreign nationals are. So they don't process your application and refund your app fee

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
pearl75 said:
I'm not sure whether I should call CIC and even if I do would it make any difference? I see you are already landed computergeek and it seems you have applied exactly 1 months after I sent my applicaion which is in Feb 6th. I wonder why my application is taking so long? They did not contacted us asking any additional document. We have used a lawyer to make sure that we don't make any mistakes when filling the form. So I don't think there is anything that they need or may be I should contact our lawyer(I hate that bugger! ) ?
I had very unusual circumstances. I was also Outland - but the first Outland CPP-O march applicant to get PPR or land, despite a previous refusal - I challenged that refusal and they were likely to lose it, so they pushed the second app through rather than face losing the JR application.

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you :) Today I might get a job offer. Once I get that then I will apply for OWP. And hopefully I will get it soon.

computergeek said:
I had very unusual circumstances. I was also Outland - but the first Outland CPP-O march applicant to get PPR or land, despite a previous refusal - I challenged that refusal and they were likely to lose it, so they pushed the second app through rather than face losing the JR application.

Sonja/srb

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
Hello everyone, today we received AOR, what a relief!!!! :D

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Sonja/srb said:
Hello everyone, today we received AOR, what a relief!!!! :D
Great News! It is a relief once you know for sure that your application is actually at CIC and that someone has opened it. The date to get AOR has sure come down. Just 2 months ago it was double the time it is now. I will update the spreadsheet.

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
bibace said:
so I received the document - Work permit and ? that's all I need, right? or I have to go to services Canada and get a temporary SIN? or no?
this is not so clear to me... nothing is mentioned about that in the document...?
hi!

Just one question.. When do you received your work permit from the mail? how many days u've waited for it in the mail? It's been 5 days since cic emailed me about my owp but still I still haven't receive any mails yet..

yffAm

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
sandylew said:
Hi guys. I think I got AIP. I have not received any email, but the online status shows DM. I called CIC today, and the representative told me it has been approved and the letter is on its way.
congrats to u.. I was like that before cic emailed me..