+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2012

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have another question.

Do you need to have a work permit after you have been approved as a permanent resident?

If not, then is the OWP for the gap between the AIP and being granted and permanent resident status?

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rusty53 said:
Figtoria

Do you want to be added to the spreadsheet?
Yes, I do - sorry I missed this.

AOR - was July 9, 2012
Started processing it - Oct 31/2012
I received a letter stating that I was approved as a sponsor - Jan 10/13
We didn't send in an OWP with application
We did send in medical and background check.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Hi Figtoria,

When you are a permanent resident, you don't need a work permit. The OWP is just for the interim period, however I understand that you usually only become eligible for the OWP really close to the end of the process, which it makes it kind of pointless.

Good luck!

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
figtoria said:
I have another question.

Do you need to have a work permit after you have been approved as a permanent resident?

If not, then is the OWP for the gap between the AIP and being granted and permanent resident status?
You dont need Work permit when you are approved as a PR however if you want to work prior your PR you should have valid work permit. You could apply for OWP after you get your AIP or for most of the people does, they send OWP Application along with the original application. In my case, I didnt send it with my application so As soon as I got my AIP i Applied online and got it almost 2 months.
For what I have read , CIC will take alln permits you have including the open work permit at the time of your landing. Its better you apply for OWP if you are planning to work while you are waiting for your PR because according to cic the 2nd stage takes 8 months.

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
we submitted a the work permit at the same time as PR and received it 3 weeks after AIP. It has helped a lot since there are two people working now instead of only one. it is now January and we received the OWP in Oct. so that is 3 months of another source of income. We had a hard time finding a good job at first and it took a while to find something better and for this reason we are also happy about the work permit as it has opened an opportunity that would not be available to us if we had waited until landing. Some peoples second stage processing time is very short so I would understand why it would seem like a waist of money, but for others it can take 8 months to even a few years depending on the circumstances. Applying for a work permit with your PR app can keep you in status also while the sponsorship app is in process (giving you Implied statues-at least that is how CIC explained it to me), and will also keep you in status while your PR application is in process for as long as the work permit is valid for. For us we applied for a 2 year validity and it was granted. I'm not sure if this is true or not but I have read that in some provinces you need a work permit to apply for your health card after AIP, but don't hold me to that because I am not certian of this. The following is to the best of my knowledge and if you find something that is incorrect please share as I enjoy learning about this process.

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, that makes sense as well.

Looking through the dates at a lot of the posts, it looks like many people have DM dates that aren't very long after the AIP dates.

Is the 8 month processing time just an average?

Can Stage 2 really go that quickly?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
figtoria said:
I have another question.

As a PR you aren't even eligible for a work permit. I'd had a renewal in process when I landed, and about a month later I received a nice letter saying I wasn't eligible for a work permit and they were refunding my application fee. :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
figtoria said:
Is the 8 month processing time just an average?
That's the time to complete 80% of applications.

ntonchu

Dec 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2012
Doc's Request.
24-09-2012
AOR Received.
23-05-2012
Med's Request
23-09-2012
Med's Done....
19-10-2012
Passport Req..
24-09-2012
Hi, can I get the spreadsheet for 2012 inland applicants? BTW has anybody had DM yet?

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
15-11-2012, AIP - February 3, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012
INLAND 2012 SPREADSHEET

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArrQkNcsLVotdDJOOWJlZkhVOEhCMHZCakNoa3UzVHc#gid=0

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
Hi everyone I've been following the threat not posting anything lately because well nothing had change since I got AIP and my open work permit back in October and can see lots of us are still waiting for DM, I just wanted to clarify since I read some ppl are confused about when to apply for the OWP, guys my suggestion is if you want to work soon apply when u send your application u DON'T NEED TO WAIT for the AIP to be eligible in fact when I was about to apply and called CiC they encouraged me to apply for the OWP at the same time, now I'm working already since I got it mine is valid for two years, another tip you dont need to write in the form (to proceed with the OPW after AIP, i read some ppl said that too) the ppl at CIC they know if your r applying for one is because you wanted soon right, and the wait for DM doesn't seem that long an tedious any more, I have a normal life now lol.

Anyways I hope it helps somehow. And excuse my English isn't perfect but I hope u get my point ;)

Wanted to share too, that even thou I still waiting for second stage my boyfriend and I decide to travel out of Canada what I read is I will be fine since got multiple entry visa, OPW , we went to Seattle before Christmas and didnt have any trouble on the border, this time we will go to Mexico I'm positive I will have no problem coming back, it's in a month but I will share my experience when we got back, hoping we start to see DM soon :)

Positive vibes to all,

Karito

ichbinella

Star Member
Dec 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
29-09-2012
AOR Received.
15-06-2012 (AIP+OWP:06-12-2012)
Med's Request
29-09-2012
Med's Done....
06-11-2012 (appeared on ECAS:22-11-2012)
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
NO
VISA ISSUED...
June/july2013
LANDED..........
15aug2013,pr card received:15oct2013
Karito said:
Hi everyone I've been following the threat not posting anything lately because well nothing had change since I got AIP and my open work permit back in October and can see lots of us are still waiting for DM, I just wanted to clarify since I read some ppl are confused about when to apply for the OWP, guys my suggestion is if you want to work soon apply when u send your application u DON'T NEED TO WAIT for the AIP to be eligible in fact when I was about to apply and called CiC they encouraged me to apply for the OWP at the same time, now I'm working already since I got it mine is valid for two years, another tip you dont need to write in the form (to proceed with the OPW after AIP, i read some ppl said that too) the ppl at CIC they know if your r applying for one is because you wanted soon right, and the wait for DM doesn't seem that long an tedious any more, I have a normal life now lol.

Anyways I hope it helps somehow. And excuse my English isn't perfect but I hope u get my point ;)

Wanted to share too, that even thou I still waiting for second stage my boyfriend and I decide to travel out of Canada what I read is I will be fine since got multiple entry visa, OPW , we went to Seattle before Christmas and didnt have any trouble on the border, this time we will go to Mexico I'm positive I will have no problem coming back, it's in a month but I will share my experience when we got back, hoping we start to see DM soon :)

Positive vibes to all,

Karito
agree! i dunno why ppl want to wait till AIP and then send out the OWP application afterwards. Why not doing it at the same time? I did this and got both on the same day! (Though i was only given 1 year... not sure how they determine the length of that)

I would suggest sending both together~:)

THank you for sharing ur "going out", i also plan to get back to my home country to visit my parents during easter... i miss them so badly, ppl said there's a risk but as long as we got OWP and employer's letter, it should be fine. I wont stay there long, just 2 weeks at most, hope everything is fine with ur trip too!

xxpazaway

Aug 15, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 5, 2011
AOR Received.
October 11, 2011
Med's Request
February 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 29, 2011
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
ichbinella said:
agree! i dunno why ppl want to wait till AIP and then send out the OWP application afterwards. Why not doing it at the same time? I did this and got both on the same day! (Though i was only given 1 year... not sure how they determine the length of that)

I would suggest sending both together~:)

THank you for sharing ur "going out", i also plan to get back to my home country to visit my parents during easter... i miss them so badly, ppl said there's a risk but as long as we got OWP and employer's letter, it should be fine. I wont stay there long, just 2 weeks at most, hope everything is fine with ur trip too!
Not all people knows OWP application should be included in original application including myself I dont think it is included in sponsorship application kits and checklist .i wish I found out this forum first before I sent out my application, anyway I applied OWP online after AIP and recieved it in 2 months.

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
WOW! I am not sure what happened to our spreadsheet but it is a bit of a mess! I am going to try to fix it shortly. I am asking that everyone please not try to make any adjustments to it today. Once I have finished I will let you know.

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Guys, We sent out my police checks (3 different countries) I am waiting for the answer from Quebec to finish Step1, when do they check them is it during Stage 1 or 2?

All of them are already expired! (Valid of course when I sent them) Do you think they are gonna ask for them again? ... I dont wanna waste all that money and time again!!

For the medicals, Do I have to wait until they send me the instructions? Or can I go do it any time?

Tnks for your help again! :)