March 12th, 2012
AOR Received.
March 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) Oct 02nd, 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 24th, 2012
pearl75 said:
So nice to hear that you both are working :) I did not apply for work permit as we have been told by CIC that we will get it in 4 to 6 weeks so I thought no need to apply for a work permit I waited for so long and I can wait for another month or so hence, did not apply. Beside, I can not start work and ask them to give me holiday if my PR was going to come in a month. I want to go back home(yes right now Canada is not my home :) and I did not wanted to come here it was just for my husband :) ) anyway, so my plan is to go home first have my long waited holiday and come back here and start work.

You wont believe this but I have almost finished my shopping for my trip :) They just needed to be neatly put in a luggage :) It does give me some kind of comfort when I pack them :) And i don't have to rush to do my shopping. I'm just praying that I will received my PR soon and I hope you will get yours soon too :)

Where are you thinking of going? Overseas?
Hic hic...We are actually in the same boat. I received my AIP in Oct 2nd but since then I havent heart anything, now I'm tired! I sent all my papers (police certificate, medical...) at the same time with my application, but still dont know why it takes so longggggg....

At first I thought stage 2 wouldn't take so long, because it's kind of simple, just validate the police certificate and check the medical again; but now I know Im wrong. OR maybe because I'm Asian, that's why it takes long?! :(

Really dont know how long it would be done. I did not apply for work permit as I thought stage 2 doesnt take that long but :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

CanED

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 16th 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 24th 2012
Med's Request
Sept 18th 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 21st 2012 rec'd on Ecas Nov 11th 2012
mdna said:
got my landing letter today - will be landing on NOV 19! YAY! ;D
Congratulations. That is very soon!!!! :)

Danteryu

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
London, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-05-2012
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
Congratulations! The whole thing is finally over for you! :)

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
mdna said:
WOW lucky you !
I got the letter mid september and my interview will be on november 22.
Let us know how it goes =)

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
MDNA

Coongratulations! Only 10 days! WOW!

meowmeow

Star Member
Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12th, 2012
AOR Received.
March 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
(AIP) Oct 02nd, 2012
Med's Done....
Feb 24th, 2012
mdna said:
Congratulation!!!

I wish I could land on the same day as yours cuz Nov 19 is my birthday hic hic....

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
mdna said:
lucky you, me, nothing... :-( congrats you're almost there

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MDMA, congrats! You must be very happy :) when did you apply? I'm just trying to see how soon after I will get mine ;D

Frenchie57, what is the interview for? I have received a letter saying that I can apply for work permit and student visa etc. but nothing mentioned about the interview.

Meow meow, I don't think process is taking time cause you are Asian. I'm from Europe and it takes the same time as it takes for you. Don't think like that. Beside, if you look at other forums Asians are getting responses quicker then the rest of us :))) be positive, positive thinking bring positive things.

We are next. We are next! We are next! Breath :)

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
pearl75 said:
MDMA, congrats! You must be very happy :) when did you apply? I'm just trying to see how soon after I will get mine ;D

Frenchie57, what is the interview for? I have received a letter saying that I can apply for work permit and student visa etc. but nothing mentioned about the interview.

Meow meow, I don't think process is taking time cause you are Asian. I'm from Europe and it takes the same time as it takes for you. Don't think like that. Beside, if you look at other forums Asians are getting responses quicker then the rest of us :))) be positive, positive thinking bring positive things.

We are next. We are next! We are next! Breath :)
The letter you received is the approval in principle (end of stage 1)
The landing interview is the end of stage 2.
landing interview is the interview where they give they verify that your status has not changed since your applied and if everything is fine they give you the Confirmation of Permanent Residence. This is the very last step of this long immigration process =)
langin interview happens for people who apply inland

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Frenchie57:) I've got married here done my medicals here only the police cert. is from another country. I was hooping they will process my application sooner then people who has those papers from another country. Mine are all done here expect police cert. and they don't even have to verify anything since those papers from their own country :) it sucks! I've applied on First week of Feb and my medicals was there even before I applied!

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
pearl75 said:
Thank you Frenchie57:) I've got married here done my medicals here only the police cert. is from another country. I was hooping they will process my application sooner then people who has those papers from another country. Mine are all done here expect police cert. and they don't even have to verify anything since those papers from their own country :) it sucks! I've applied on First week of Feb and my medicals was there even before I applied!
Same for me.
Everything was from Canada apart from police clearance.

I applied in November 2011, and received the Decision made and landing interview letter mid september. My landing interview is in 2 weeks and then I will be a permanent resident =)

frenchie57

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-11-2011
LANDED..........
22-11-2012
pearl75 said:
When did you receive you approval in principle letter ?
I had also done the medicals before the application and therefore I got my decision made letter 5 days after the other one