App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
I just sent off my UK police certificate today! Hopefully things wont take too long!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
pptk703 said:
It's been exactly 10 months since CIC received my application so I called and asked about my status. As expected, the agent gave me a standard answer: "your application was received on Oct 29th 2010, but we are still working on application received on October 16th"..Sigh..It's taking longer than 10 months now!
Yes, pptk703 unfortunately they are in a backlog. I would say we are looking at a timeline similar to lotionice now.
Theirs took 10 months and 4 days so hopefully not much longer for you and everyone else. This is why I do the chart because it gives us the best look at the timelines that we can't get from CIC. I would say by the end of the week, you will have your answer.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
BenderS said:
We went online this morning to look cuz we sent the 'proper' police check form in last week ... And they received it which is good

so we have

Application Recieved November 4th
Application Processed December 6th
Additional documents reiceived August 23rd

But how come I don't see anything about Medicals being sent? or recieved ? We did our medicals back in September of 2010 ... Do you think becuase it might have been recieved before the application was sent in ?
As I know, you'll see the medical received when you get AIP/PR.....so don't worry about it.

I sent some additional docs last month and I haven't seen it on ecas, I've started being worried after I read your post.

My timeline is a lil bit similar as yours.

App received by CIC Nov 3 2010
Started processing Dec 16 2010

well God bless us..

lotionice

Aug 2, 2011
Umm.... I am puzzled!!!
I got 3 letters today.

1 (address to me) - Open Work Permit
2 (address to me) - indicate AIP
3 (address to my hubby) - all in french, thinks it saying about AIP **am waiting my hubby finishing his work, and i'll know more.

LY and the others, as last few days, you guys said my case is done, i should receive a letter for landing?
but seems no, just AIP but ecas show "DECISION MADE"

or i should recieve one more letter, but not arriving yet ?
pls share your view! cheers!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Can you copy and paste what your e-Cas say again?

EDIT: I will give some examples in knowing whether you have AIP or both stages approved.

THIS MEANS YOU HAVE ONLY AIP APPROVAL
e-Cas updates to say ONLY the following line: "A decision has been made and you will be contacted."
e-Cas application status still says: "In Process"
This means you still need to wait for second stage.

THIS MEANS YOU WERE APPROVED FOR BOTH AIP AND PR STAGES TOGETHER
e-Cas updates to say the following lines: "A decision has been made and you will be contacted."
"A letter was sent on (insert date) to (insert address)...etc."
e-Cas application status updated to say: "Decision Made"
This means your next step is to be contacted by your local office for a landing date to become a PR.

mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I am being sponsored by my wife who is a Canadian citizen. Our application was received Nov 18, 2010 and started processing Dec 31. Is there anybody else who falls into this time frame who has received an answer as of yet?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
mexicanito said:
Hi,
I am being sponsored by my wife who is a Canadian citizen. Our application was received Nov 18, 2010 and started processing Dec 31. Is there anybody else who falls into this time frame who has received an answer as of yet?
Please look on page 436 for our chart. There you will see what members are around your time and also be able to have a better look into when you should be getting an answer about AIP aka First Stage Approval. Good luck and welcome to the thread.

I will also add you to the chart next update. :)

lotionice

Aug 2, 2011
Love_Young said:
Can you copy and paste what your e-Cas say again?

EDIT: I will give some examples in knowing whether you have AIP or both stages approved.

THIS MEANS YOU HAVE ONLY AIP APPROVAL
e-Cas updates to say ONLY the following line: "A decision has been made and you will be contacted."
e-Cas application status still says: "In Process"
This means you still need to wait for second stage.

THIS MEANS YOU WERE APPROVED FOR BOTH AIP AND PR STAGES TOGETHER
e-Cas updates to say the following lines: "A decision has been made and you will be contacted."
"A letter was sent on (insert date) to (insert address)...etc."
e-Cas application status updated to say: "Decision Made"
This means your next step is to be contacted by your local office for a landing date to become a PR.
Hi LY, Glad you're here often!!!
Here's my e-cas :

We received your application for permanent residence on October 19, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 30, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on August 23, 2011 to 3146 XXXXX, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, XXXXX about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

seems you mean i'll get another letter for landing soon??

BenderS

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 4 2010
Doc's Request.
August 23, 2011
AmandaHsu said:
As I know, you'll see the medical received when you get AIP/PR.....so don't worry about it.

I sent some additional docs last month and I haven't seen it on ecas, I've started being worried after I read your post.

My timeline is a lil bit similar as yours.

App received by CIC Nov 3 2010
Started processing Dec 16 2010

well God bless us..
Thank you for your time responding! :)

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
This is my opinion to people's questions about why it has passed the 10 month mark and they have not heard anything yet. I think this is a good thing because if your case is pretty straight forward and you have everything in place then all they need is a few more days to approve both stages. Sometimes hearing too early can only be AIP.

Just my 2 cents!

Here's hoping to a good jump this week and it also being on Wednesday and not Friday like last weeks. LOL

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
lotionice said:
Hi LY, Glad you're here often!!!
Here's my e-cas :

We received your application for permanent residence on October 19, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 30, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on August 23, 2011 to 3146 XXXXX, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, XXXXX about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

seems you mean i'll get another letter for landing soon??
You will get a separate letter in the mail about the application process being completed. And you will either get a letter or call from your local CIC office about landing. I got a call from an IO but that is just because we have a small office. You will more than likely be contacting by letter. So you have two more letters coming your way.

angtao said:
This is my opinion to people's questions about why it has passed the 10 month mark and they have not heard anything yet. I think this is a good thing because if your case is pretty straight forward and you have everything in place then all they need is a few more days to approve both stages. Sometimes hearing too early can only be AIP.

Just my 2 cents!

Here's hoping to a good jump this week and it also being on Wednesday and not Friday like last weeks. LOL
I agree and disagree. Yes there is a good likely hood that you will get approved for both the longer it takes but several have gotten approved for both very quickly as well. It is all dependant on the IO and individual cases themselves. Just like it took me 10 months and 2 days to get ONLY AIP but within two more days I had the second stage approved for so you just never know. Only time will tell.

With that saying though, I do sincerely hope that most do get approved for both at the same time. Keep your heads up and stay strong. ;D

threa

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Doc's Request.
14-07-2011
Med's Done....
22-02-2011
If someone can help me with this. I submitted my inland Sponsorship May 12, 2011 and didn't include a police clearance from my home country ( for some reason I read prior to sending my application that I dont need to get one from my home country since I've been here in Canada for the last 3 years but i think I got it wrong coz I checked again the checklist and it clearly states on the Appendix A saying otherwise)

So my question is do I have to send both the Finger Prints Request letter and the Request for Police Certificate to my home country where I stayed for the past 10 years?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
threa said:
If someone can help me with this. I submitted my inland Sponsorship May 12, 2011 and didn't include a police clearance from my home country ( for some reason I read prior to sending my application that I dont need to get one from my home country since I've been here in Canada for the last 3 years but i think I got it wrong coz I checked again the checklist and it clearly states on the Appendix A saying otherwise)

So my question is do I have to send both the Finger Prints Request letter and the Request for Police Certificate to my home country where I stayed for the past 10 years?
Sorry I hadn't had time to get to your "PM" yet.
Yes, it is always best to get police clearances from countries you have lived at (other than Canada) for more than 6 months in the last 10 years. Best to be on top of your game then cause a delay further down the line. Every country is different about what is required but for my country (the US) I sent both forms in with my request for my state police clearance, can't remember if I did for my FBI clearance or not.

threa

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2011
Doc's Request.
14-07-2011
Med's Done....
22-02-2011
Love_Young said:
Sorry I hadn't had time to get to your "PM" yet.
Yes, it is always best to get police clearances from countries you have lived at (other than Canada) for more than 6 months in the last 10 years. Best to be on top of your game then cause a delay further down the line. Every country is different about what is required but for my country (the US) I sent both forms in with my request for my state police clearance, can't remember if I did for my FBI clearance or not.
thanks Love_Young for the response :)

jhjeppe

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
The Pas, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 August 2009
Doc's Request.
31 January 2010
AOR Received.
14 June 2010
Med's Request
5 October 2010
Med's Done....
12 October 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
10 months, 2 days today. Not hearing a thing from CIC.