Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Hi Latvian!
Please accept my congratulations on your landing!
So happy for you! Good luck on your future endeavors!

Guys, I want to share my timelines with you.

Today we received the letter from local CIC (Etobicoke) inviting us to the landing interview!
So, September 8th 2011 is a day when I become a Permanent Resident!
It is the best gift from CIC towards our first wedding Anniversary!!!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Thank you Fleurette. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. Congratulations on your landing interview date. I cannot wait for that day

I know the extension of the visitor status is only $75 but it is the principle in my opinion. Why should we have to extend it if we have an application in process? I wonder if it makes our case look better if they see that we extended it? Hmmm, I should call CIC tomorrow and see what another person says.

It's getting really quiet in the forums. I guess everyone is just waiting quietly.

Here is hoping for a good jump on Wednesday.

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
angtao said:
Guys, I need some help here. I have a few questions.

1: A friend of mine got AIP on Friday Aug.19 and there application was received on Oct.22,2010. They are definitely working ahead of there schedule. They only got AIP because there medical expired. They did there medical in June 2010 and I guess they would not extend there medical for 2 months. That sucks. How long will it take to get 2nd stage if they need to re-do the medical?

2: Now for my situation, my husband did his medical Jan.22,2010 and our app was received by Vegreville on March 31,2010. 10 months of waiting takes us to Jan.31,2011. Should we re-do a medical and send it so they would not have any chance of asking for another one?

3: We did not send an open work permit with our application. Should we do that now and maybe they will attach it to our application? Would you send one or will it be a waste of $150?

4: Should we extend my husbands status? We did not send in an open work permit. I called immigration Canada a few weeks ago and they said that if you did not send in an open work permit then you have to re-apply to extend your status as it expires on Oct.11,2011. I called CIC again today and got someone on the phone today that was very knowledgeable and he said that not updating your status would not result in us not getting permanent residency. I don't know what to do. I have heard from so many people that you do not need to update your status when you have an application in process. Thoughts?

5: Last question, I promise. If I want to send in additional documents. Where do I send it to and what should I write? Should I just put everything in an envelope and write our client ID number at the top of each page? Do I need to add any other forms with this?
3. We sent in an application for OWP when my husband got AIP. My husband landed on a Friday and we had not yet received the OWP. On the Monday we called to let them know we needed a refund for the OWP and they had only started working on it that day, about 2 months after we sent it in by registered mail. The refund is coming, but could take up to 6 months for them to send it to us!!

4. If your husband has received AIP and you send in an application for OWP he will be on implied status until that OWP is received. If he has not received AIP and allows his legal status to expire there could be problems. If he has status it is necessary to maintain it. An application in process does allow your husband to be in the country but if it is denied he will have to leave immediately.

5. To send additional documents, use registered mail!!! The first time we sent stuff in we have no idea if it ever got attached to our file. About 10 months later we sent more, and included the first set of additional information at the back. This time we sent by registered mail. My husband got AIP maybe a month later!! We had an envelope with our client IDs, and inside a cover letter and a table of contents with all the additional information we submitted. If your file is in Vegreville, send it there. If it has been transferred to a local office then send it to the local office.

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
You are welcome Angtao!

While it is possible to stay in Canada on "implied status" it is a good idea to extend your visitor record to avoid trouble landing in the future.
We would choose to pay $75 more just to be sure the landing goes smoothly.
But you are right, it is better to call CIC if you want to clarify the details.
Good luck with your application!

Thank you for the congratulations with my landing, it is unreal even now!

P.S. May be this operational guides will help you:
- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf (Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada)
- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip06-eng.pdf (Processing Temporary Resident Extensions)

Angtao, check out this link also. It is really informative regarding to the temporary visitor status extension :)
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/waiting-on-sponsor-app-visitor-status-extension-needed-t49276.15.html

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
fleurette said:
Hi Latvian!
Please accept my congratulations on your landing!
So happy for you! Good luck on your future endeavors!

Guys, I want to share my timelines with you.

Today we received the letter from local CIC (Etobicoke) inviting us to the landing interview!
So, September 8th 2011 is a day when I become a Permanent Resident!
It is the best gift from CIC towards our first wedding Anniversary!!!
Congratulations!!! ;)

whiteapple

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
Thank you Fleurette. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. Congratulations on your landing interview date. I cannot wait for that day

I know the extension of the visitor status is only $75 but it is the principle in my opinion. Why should we have to extend it if we have an application in process? I wonder if it makes our case look better if they see that we extended it? Hmmm, I should call CIC tomorrow and see what another person says.

It's getting really quiet in the forums. I guess everyone is just waiting quietly.

Here is hoping for a good jump on Wednesday.

hi ang_tao!

you need to apply for visitor status because you have to maintain legal status despite having your application being processed. it is also your valid proof your legal stay here. it was useful for me cuz it was my proof to my employer that my application really is in processed. plus if you have a visitor extension, you can apply for a driver's license which is a big plus! :) extension of visitor status and visitor visa are totally different! :) extension of visitor visa is sometimes referred to as visitor permit. this can be used as proof for legal longer stay than visitor visa. :) hope i was able to explain that clearly...

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
I just wanted to share this with you guys... it is the letter that Jack Layton wrote before passing away.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2011/08/22/pol-layton-last-letter.html

Mohamed053185

Apr 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28, 2010
Doc's Request.
June 28, 2010
Med's Done....
June 28, 2010
Murphy

It said on the letter from Vegerville, a decision has been made Edmonton office will be contacting you by writing what date your interview is and you need to pay $490 before your PR card is issued.

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
pepe261 said:
I just wanted to share this with you guys... it is the letter that Jack Layton wrote before passing away.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2011/08/22/pol-layton-last-letter.html
It really touched me thx!

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
whiteapple said:
hi ang_tao!

you need to apply for visitor status because you have to maintain legal status despite having your application being processed. it is also your valid proof your legal stay here. it was useful for me cuz it was my proof to my employer that my application really is in processed. plus if you have a visitor extension, you can apply for a driver's license which is a big plus! :) extension of visitor status and visitor visa are totally different! :) extension of visitor visa is sometimes referred to as visitor permit. this can be used as proof for legal longer stay than visitor visa. :) hope i was able to explain that clearly...
Hello... My husband called today CIC about his visa term (November) and the representative told him to not worry, the fact his PR is in process is a valid proof to stay in Canada, however he should not leave the country cause is not certain he would be allow to enter... so he reassured him that even if CIC sent him his OWP in January, he is not illegal, with his Client Number he can show that he status is legal.

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
canadiancitizen said:
Hello... My husband called today CIC about his visa term (November) and the representative told him to not worry, the fact his PR is in process is a valid proof to stay in Canada, however he should not leave the country cause is not certain he would be allow to enter... so he reassured him that even if CIC sent him his OWP in January, he is not illegal, with his Client Number he can show that he status is legal.
Guys, please read this topic about visa extension. There was perfectly described why you have to maintain your legal status:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/waiting-on-sponsor-app-visitor-status-extension-needed-t49276.15.html

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hi CEC,

I don't think I can go for FOSS note now, I will wait untill september 1st week. Because even FOSS note can not Excelerate your process. There might be possibility that after Foss note it will go more delay due to interruption. As my 5 months will over after I got AIP on 6th April 2011 I will wait untill 6th September 2011 for any miracle.

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
Hi guys. Just have one question: I send my medical in along with my package why there is no "medical results have been received" on my ECAS after AIP? Its been almost 2 months already. It really makes me upset. because i saw all the people have that words on ECAS while AIP?

Is anybody in the same situation?

murphy

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
mohammed.....the letter that i recieved was from vegreville directly, that my interview will be on sept 3,i sent my aplication july 26,2010.....

yjl3382

Aug 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-09-2010
File Transfer...
23-09-2011
Interview........
11-02-2012
Question, it's been over a month since i sent requested documents which is medical exam and fingerprints.

But when i check online application status, there is nothing updated from two months ago.

Is this normal? I don't know what is going on now, should i keep waiting or is there anything i can do?

Note that it's been almost an year since i've received AIP.

Thank you.