App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
A big congrats to LoveYoung and Lovely! That's some great news!

Of course we're now looking forward to LY's report of her day. ;-)

@CanadianCitizen: If the information in your profile is right (application filed May 2011) you won't be able to log on to eCas for the next few months. Try it again in half a year. I know it seems long and frustrating, but there's nothing else to do. By now you could call to check if your application has been received at most, but it's even possible that will take another month to be processed. CIC once told me it could take up to 2 months to open an envelope. That means that there's only a day stamp on your envelope, but it isn't opened yet, so your application hasn't entered the CIC database yet, so CIC hotline will have no info for you. Stay strong, be patient. If it's any comfort: knowing any details will not speed up or slow down the application. Have confidence, everything will be okay. :)

Lena

Nov 24, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2010
Interview........
01-06-11
LANDED..........
01-06-11
SssS said:
I think you are really in a deep sh...., because I still have not received mine and I've landed 11 April. Now it seems it takes 8 weeks according CIC - 34 WORKING dayt. BTW I leave this Friday so if it does not arrive tomorrow I will have to have it mailed to me. Complications, complications :mad:
Hi there, I got my permanent residency today (yay!), and I'm surprised to see others talk about not get their PR cards in under 8 weeks. I am also travelling within that time- whats the problem-- would Immigration Canada not allow us in, or is it the airline that has the problem with not seeing the actual PR card? What are the options?

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the problem could be only for the person who need visa to enter Canada, they might have problem getting on the plane or such. Other than that if you show copy of landing (even though it says not for travel) they would have no reason not to let you in. And I believe immigration officer will have you in the system. But if he has a bad day he can make you problems.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Thanks everyone for the lovely messages! :-*
Well it has been one busy day today. And has had its good and bad parts. So on to the thing you have all been waiting on, my landing and my day. Bare with me though, this is long.

So here it goes:

Well this morning we woke up fairly early to make sure we had all the right documents. We put them in a folder and on we went to Walmart. We knew the immigration building was close to there and we needed to waste 2 1/2 hours away. So we got MIL a birthday card and some cute Canadian flag pins to wear together. We then went to the pet store nearby to enjoy the cute animals there and play with them. It really helped to distract us of the time. Before we knew it, we had only about 20 minutes to get there. We thought we would get there in no problem but then only a couple of roads away we realized we had only 3 minutes to get there in time. Boy did we book it running. Lol. It was a sight to see.

We finally get to the building and low and behold, my worst enemy...stairs. (kung fu panda 2 line..hehe). Man we were huffing and a puffing up the stairs lol. After a few left turns, we finally got to the area we needed. Got there at 11:05 AM. I then went up to the reception to say what I was there for. She asked my name and I could barely catch my breath to say it but I got it out of course. We then were told to sit. Such a tiny place really. Posters everywhere saying, call the CIC hotline, they call help you. Haha yeah right... We were there waiting a good 5 more minutes before the IO showed up to the reception window and ask that we enter a interview room. And we did.

We entered a small room with a table to divide the seats from the IO's. It really reminded me of the set up in the airport when I first crossed and was interviewed. She then entered the room and was very nice. She had papers in her hands and I noticed them right away, my FOSS notes. She asked to see our ids and compared us to them. She seemed to have a problem that my driver's license said I was 157cm and my PR app said 155cm but then made a joke that I supposedly had shrunk 2cm since then. Lol. She looked at my PR pictures and was concerned they were the right measurements but then measured them herself and said they should be okay. Hubby and I were worried we wouldn't get anything that day just because of some pictures. She brought in a form that lists my rights and obligations as a PR. Then she brought in the COPR form to overlook and make sure it was filled out right. Then asked if I had been convicted of any criminal charges, if I had been refused or denied entry to Canada, and if I had any dependents to claim. All were "No".

Then I had to initial and sign the form. She took it outside and walked back in shook my hand and said "Congratulations you are now a permanent resident of Canada" Felt a little teary eyed there. She then confirmed the payment and told hubby of his obligations. She asked how long we had been together and we talked about how big our application was. She asked how many pages and I said "428". Her eyes grew right big, lol, but she completely understood and agreed on not taking any chances and laughed. She talked about how I might get provincial coverage and SIN. I asked her about my goods to follow and said that when I go home I will just declare then with that form filled out. She expressed about PR card renewal and things about citizenship. And handed back the documents such as receipt copy and my COPR. She said to guard the COPR with my life. Lol. She asked if I had anymore questions and I said no. We then said goodbye and were on our way. We were out of there by 11:49 AM. Definitely the easiest part of the process by far. By the way, I recommend you bring a folder or large envelope to put your COPR in after you receive it. It is a very thin form and you don't want it to get lost or damaged. I was very glad I brought my folder with me.

We then caught the bus to Service Canada where I was in for a big let down. They would not issue me a SIN because I didn't have a visa counterfoil in my passport (duh, I applied inland) and said I can't be given one until I get a PR card. Well that is just great. Thanks Canada Post. Thing is I just got my work permit yesterday but did not have a way out yesterday to even get a SIN. So I am officially out of work for another 2 months at the least unless Immigration figures out a way to send them another way. I had a really big breakdown but luckily hubby was there to let me cry it out. We just figure this will be one good last summer to relax and for me to improve my health. Also, I am going to take up volunteering so I can at least build some work experience and good references while I wait. So for all those who get approved for a work permit and SIN at the same time, even if you have your landing interview the day after you get your work permit, please go get a temporary SIN first before landing if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later. ;)

So off we left from there to walk another hour and a half to the provincial health care building. It was a long humid walk today. We got there and I filed out the application. They took a copy of my COPR and passport and then asked me to sit down. Not even one minute later my name was called and I was given my card. :) Very quick. MCP has the right idea. Accept COPR and give cards right away. Service Canada just hasn't figured that out yet. So now I have a shiny new health care card. I plan to see a doctor sometime soon as I have been needing to for a while so at least I can do that now. I was hoping to get reimbursed for the money spent before because someone else I know was able to but the guy that I asked said they cannot do that. I still don't quite believe it. Oh well.

We later went out to eat to celebrate and went to see Kung Fu Panda 2 as well. Been a very busy day. I am both happy and sad at the same time. I am extremely happy that that part is over with but upset that I still have to wait on them to send me a card just so I can work. Anyway, thank you all again for all the support. Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to let you all know what I was up to all day today. Now to get plenty of rest. Hehe.. ;D

P.S. Congratulations to lovely20! I am very happy for you. You go girl! And also to Lena. I hope you had a wonderful day landing today too.

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Love_Young said:
Thanks everyone for the lovely messages! :-*
Well it has been one busy day today. And has had its good and bad parts. So on to the thing you have all been waiting on, my landing and my day. Bare with me though, this is long.

So here it goes:

Well this morning we woke up fairly early to make sure we had all the right documents. We put them in a folder and on we went to Walmart. We knew the immigration building was close to there and we needed to waste 2 1/2 hours away. So we got MIL a birthday card and some cute Canadian flag pins to wear together. We then went to the pet store nearby to enjoy the cute animals there and play with them. It really helped to distract us of the time. Before we knew it, we had only about 20 minutes to get there. We thought we would get there in no problem but then only a couple of roads away we realized we had only 3 minutes to get there in time. Boy did we book it running. Lol. It was a sight to see.

We finally get to the building and low and behold, my worst enemy...stairs. (kung fu panda 2 line..hehe). Man we were huffing and a puffing up the stairs lol. After a few left turns, we finally got to the area we needed. Got there at 11:05 AM. I then went up to the reception to say what I was there for. She asked my name and I could barely catch my breath to say it but I got it out of course. We then were told to sit. Such a tiny place really. Posters everywhere saying, call the CIC hotline, they call help you. Haha yeah right... We were there waiting a good 5 more minutes before the IO showed up to the reception window and ask that we enter a interview room. And we did.

We entered a small room with a table to divide the seats from the IO's. It really reminded me of the set up in the airport when I first crossed and was interviewed. She then entered the room and was very nice. She had papers in her hands and I noticed them right away, my FOSS notes. She asked to see our ids and compared us to them. She seemed to have a problem that my driver's license said I was 157cm and my PR app said 155cm but then made a joke that I supposedly had shrunk 2cm since then. Lol. She looked at my PR pictures and was concerned they were the right measurements but then measured them herself and said they should be okay. Hubby and I were worried we wouldn't get anything that day just because of some pictures. She brought in a form that lists my rights and obligations as a PR. Then she brought in the COPR form to overlook and make sure it was filled out right. Then asked if I had been convicted of any criminal charges, if I had been refused or denied entry to Canada, and if I had any dependents to claim. All were "No".

Then I had to initial and sign the form. She took it outside and walked back in shook my hand and said "Congratulations you are now a permanent resident of Canada" Felt a little teary eyed there. She then confirmed the payment and told hubby of his obligations. She asked how long we had been together and we talked about how big our application was. She asked how many pages and I said "428". Her eyes grew right big, lol, but she completely understood and agreed on not taking any chances and laughed. She talked about how I might get provincial coverage and SIN. I asked her about my goods to follow and said that when I go home I will just declare then with that form filled out. She expressed about PR card renewal and things about citizenship. And handed back the documents such as receipt copy and my COPR. She said to guard the COPR with my life. Lol. She asked if I had anymore questions and I said no. We then said goodbye and were on our way. We were out of there by 11:49 AM. Definitely the easiest part of the process by far. By the way, I recommend you bring a folder or large envelope to put your COPR in after you receive it. It is a very thin form and you don't want it to get lost or damaged. I was very glad I brought my folder with me.

We then caught the bus to Service Canada where I was in for a big let down. They would not issue me a SIN because I didn't have a visa counterfoil in my passport (duh, I applied inland) and said I can't be given one until I get a PR card. Well that is just great. Thanks Canada Post. Thing is I just got my work permit yesterday but did not have a way out yesterday to even get a SIN. So I am officially out of work for another 2 months at the least unless Immigration figures out a way to send them another way. I had a really big breakdown but luckily hubby was there to let me cry it out. We just figure this will be one good last summer to relax and for me to improve my health. Also, I am going to take up volunteering so I can at least build some work experience and good references while I wait. So for all those who get approved for a work permit and SIN at the same time, even if you have your landing interview the day after you get your work permit, please go get a temporary SIN first before landing if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later. ;)

So off we left from there to walk another hour and a half to the provincial health care building. It was a long humid walk today. We got there and I filed out the application. They took a copy of my COPR and passport and then asked me to sit down. Not even one minute later my name was called and I was given my card. :) Very quick. MCP has the right idea. Accept COPR and give cards right away. Service Canada just hasn't figured that out yet. So now I have a shiny new health care card. I plan to see a doctor sometime soon as I have been needing to for a while so at least I can do that now. I was hoping to get reimbursed for the money spent before because someone else I know was able to but the guy that I asked said they cannot do that. I still don't quite believe it. Oh well.

We later went out to eat to celebrate and went to see Kung Fu Panda 2 as well. Been a very busy day. I am both happy and sad at the same time. I am extremely happy that that part is over with but upset that I still have to wait on them to send me a card just so I can work. Anyway, thank you all again for all the support. Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to let you all know what I was up to all day today. Now to get plenty of rest. Hehe.. ;D

P.S. Congratulations to lovely20! I am very happy for you. You go girl! And also to Lena. I hope you had a wonderful day landing today too.
LY,

Congrats and join the PR club !!! 2 questions for you:

- didn't you apply for your OWP with your inland app?

- I thought Inland app cannot have goods to follow? Doesn't that only apply for outland applicants? Could you let me know if there is a link for goods to follow for Inland applicants?

I forgot to mention to you yesterday that you do need to have your PR card or OWP to apply for a SIN. If you have an OWP, you get a temp SIN with a 9 no and then you would have to change it once you get your PR card. That's what the IO told us yesterday....

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
lilly_inland said:
LY,

Congrats and join the PR club !!! 2 questions for you:

- didn't you apply for your OWP with your inland app?

- I thought Inland app cannot have goods to follow? Doesn't that only apply for outland applicants? Could you let me know if there is a link for goods to follow for Inland applicants?

I forgot to mention to you yesterday that you do need to have your PR card or OWP to apply for a SIN. If you have an OWP, you get a temp SIN with a 9 no and then you would have to change it once you get your PR card. That's what the IO told us yesterday....
Yes I did apply for the OWP with the application. What I am saying is I just finally received it in the mail yesterday but not even an hour later that same day, I got a call to land the next day. I didn't even have a chance to go out and get a temporary SIN. I had no ride and by the time I got the OWP the office was closed. And there was no way I could have gotten out to the office this morning before landing. It is a loooong way out there. We barely made it in time today.

And the goods to follow applies to any permanent resident. Here is a link to my thread about what the IO explained to me. And you need to use the B4 and B4A forms on the CBSA site. Here is the link about what she said: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/goods-to-follow-form-t73035.0.html

Yes, I understand that lilly_inland but as I said above. I got my OWP and call to land in the same day. I had no ride out to the Service Canada to even get a temporary number first.

Thank you for the congrats. Glad we are both in the PR club now. :D

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Love_Young said:
Yes I did apply for the OWP with the application. What I am saying is I just finally received it in the mail yesterday but not even an hour later that same day, I got a call to land the next day. I didn't even have a chance to go out and get a temporary SIN. I had no ride and by the time I got the OWP the office was closed. And there was no way I could have gotten out to the office this morning before landing. It is a loooong way out there. We barely made it in time today.

And the goods to follow applies to any permanent resident. Here is a link to my thread about what the IO explained to me. And you need to use the B4 and B4A forms on the CBSA site. Here is the link about what she said: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/goods-to-follow-form-t73035.0.html

Yes, I understand that lilly_inland but as I said above. I got my OWP and call to land in the same day. I had no ride out to the Service Canada to even get a temporary number first.

Thank you for the congrats. Glad we are both in the PR club now. :D
wouldn't you be able to use your OWP to get a temp SIN even though you're a PR now? You may want to give that a try and start working while waiting on your PR. It takes 2 months to get the PR card, so why waste the OWP eh...

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
lilly_inland said:
wouldn't you be able to use your OWP to get a temp SIN even though you're a PR now? You may want to give that a try and start working while waiting on your PR. It takes 2 months to get the PR card, so why waste the OWP eh...
No they take away the OWP when you land. You aren't allowed to use it anymore as you are PR. There is no longer a need for temporary status. I didn't even get mine back after she looked at it. And I asked if they could at least give my a temporary one for now but they said no they couldn't do that. I just can't understand why a "Confirmation" of Permanent Residence isn't enough. Hello, it is a copy of an official document and shows "confirmation" of it. Shouldn't that be more important than a PR visa affixed to the passport. Wouldn't a document that actually confirms you as a landed immigrant be more convincing? Ugh...oh well. I will figure out something. I did all I could do for now.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Just confirmed on the Service Canada website that you do indeed need both the COPR and visa affixed to get a SIN. So looks like I will be waiting 2 months or more for my PR card just so I can work. Why can't they accommodate to both inland and outland applicant landing procedures? I guess that would be too much to ask for though. So now I have my life on hold again thanks to Immigration, Service Canada, and Canada Post. Too bad I couldn't have got my OWP sooner and in time to get a temporary SIN. *sigh* :(

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Love_Young said:
Just confirmed on the Service Canada website that you do indeed need both the COPR and visa affixed to get a SIN. So looks like I will be waiting 2 months or more for my PR card just so I can work. Why can't they accommodate to both inland and outland applicant landing procedures? I guess that would be too much to ask for though. So now I have my life on hold again thanks to Immigration, Service Canada, and Canada Post. Too bad I couldn't have got my OWP sooner and in time to get a temporary SIN. *sigh* :(
Take it in a positive stride LY, now you get a 2 month vacation that you can spend with your husband with no stress of your PR !!!!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
lilly_inland said:
Take it in a positive stride LY, now you get a 2 month vacation that you can spend with your husband with no stress of your PR !!!!
Most true. And hubby is on sick leave right now anyway until at least August so it will be a good break together. We can both focus on our health and have some more fun during the summer. Glad we can celebrate this Canada Day with PR status.

How have you been lilly_inland? And how has life been for you since landing?

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Love_Young said:
System sucks, lol. I guess there's really nothing we can do about it except wait again. Try to enjoy summer with your hubby, it's another hurdle to get over with in this long journey.

I'm relieved too to see the E-cas update this morning but can't wait to get the actual letter in our hands. I really hope the government steps in and try to resolve this Canada Post issue ASAP. Have a good night everyone! The best thing about this ordeal is that I found new friends in this forum. Hey anybody wants to be friends on FB? Message me, and if you guys need a place to crash in the Rockies let me know ;) ;) ;)

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
On another note, I checked my sponsorship with hubby using my client id which was issued ages ago. It's showing decision made on sponsorship and then after you click it here's what it says:

We received your application on August 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on May 30, 2011.

A decision has been made.

And for the permanent residence application it shows decision made and this:

We received your application on August 16, 2011
We started processing your application October 3, 2010.
Medical results has been received.
A decision has been made.

A letter was sent on May 30, 2011........

I just find it amusing that in the sponsorship tab it says they only started processing it on May 30, 2011. ODD really, I wish they will publish a book about deciphering CIC/E-cas notes.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Great news all around! so happy for you loveyoung!

i have a question? whatever happened to Janadian, adzees and mimi ! mimi is on my fb so i just messaged her we all applied around the same time! adzees is on my fb so ill ask him too

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Jurjen said:
A big congrats to LoveYoung and Lovely! That's some great news!

Of course we're now looking forward to LY's report of her day. ;-)

@ CanadianCitizen: If the information in your profile is right (application filed May 2011) you won't be able to log on to eCas for the next few months. Try it again in half a year. I know it seems long and frustrating, but there's nothing else to do. By now you could call to check if your application has been received at most, but it's even possible that will take another month to be processed. CIC once told me it could take up to 2 months to open an envelope. That means that there's only a day stamp on your envelope, but it isn't opened yet, so your application hasn't entered the CIC database yet, so CIC hotline will have no info for you. Stay strong, be patient. If it's any comfort: knowing any details will not speed up or slow down the application. Have confidence, everything will be okay. :)
oooh Thank you so much for your kinds words... summer is here and work and love will keep us busy... I'll start getting nervous next April :)