Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/10
Med's Done....
17/06/10
angtao said:
ardmac, I wouldn't worry if I were you. Sometimes it takes a little longer to get approved then others. I think the call centre says 2 weeks because that is when a decision will be made and you will have something in the mail. Don't listen to that 2 week thing. Just roll it off your shoulder. I would try calling towards the end of the days, maybe the end of day tomorrow since you already called today and see if there is any news.
Thanks angtao - I am a ball of nerves today - trying to call hubby as I need someone to calm me down and his on night shift this week so his sleeping - cant wait to have him home tomorrow I need his calmness around me again. The hardest thing is we are not in control of this situation and I know I am in a genuine relationship and we had so much supporting evidence but what if.....it scares me so much

Jennifer0827

Apr 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ardmac said:
Thanks angtao - I am a ball of nerves today - trying to call hubby as I need someone to calm me down and his on night shift this week so his sleeping - cant wait to have him home tomorrow I need his calmness around me again. The hardest thing is we are not in control of this situation and I know I am in a genuine relationship and we had so much supporting evidence but what if.....it scares me so much
Ardmac, stays strong!

One of my friends filed her application on July. It was received by CIC on July 22, 2010. However, she hadn't heard anything until 29, May. (Even the CIC already updated the date to Aug 3 on May 25) But the good news was she got the AIP and DM at the same time. I think maybe it would take a little bit longer to approve both stages, just like LY.

Hope it will help! Pray for you! :)

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
ardmac said:
We are here for you ARDMAC. Maybe your IO is just a little bit behind. LoveYoung got her AIP at 10 months 2 days mark if I'm not mistaken. So maybe you will have something by the end of the week. And I agree with Angtao, do not really believe them when they say 2 weeks from now. We called Friday last week and were told the same and come Monday we had our AIP approval.

ardmac

Oct 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/10
Med's Done....
17/06/10
thank you everyone for the support - 9 months 20 days - its seems like forever I applied - just like everyone else I am just at point where I just want a answer. I wonder if the IO's realize the stress as a applicant or a sponsor we go through and I understand they have huge workloads but isnt their a better way? Like everyone else on this forum I am so glad I found it. I can try and talk to my friends and family back home and everyone reassures me it will be fine, and friends are amazed their is a chance of a no answer but unless you are going through it or have been through it no one really knows how it feels to not know what your immediate future holds. Fingers crossed I get AIP and DM at the same time!! it will definitely make the blood pressure increase this week well worth it. Time for a afternoon walk I think clear the head and think positive thoughts!!! If I do get news I will update though ???

kieran123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010
God I hope the letter is in the mail today....anxious!

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello Theresa Lynn........

We sent our police clearance on Monday to Vegreville, now waiting for final decision.....what about you? Any reply or post or e-cas or phone machine change please let us know.......

Thanks

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
kieran123 said:
God I hope the letter is in the mail today....anxious!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Unfortunately for me, I don't think we will receive ours before the strike.

Will you let me know when you receive a call or landing date from Calgary? I believe we are going to land in Calgary also.

kieran123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010
Sure will!...I am sticking on here until I land. :)

I will have to call CIC and find out how much of a delay losing my passport is going to cause though..... :-[

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Mark_Anna - No changes on e-cas yet, we sent the police cert about 2 weeks ago. It takes them about a month to open the mail, so i think we have a little while to wait.

Ardmac- Don't stress the average time for processing first stage is roughly 9 months 25 - 10 months....don't worry it will come through.

A big congrats to LY on becoming a PR today, just in time for Canada Day:)

kieran123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010
Phew. I talked to a very nice lady on the phone from CIC who let me know that all I need to do is take my new passport to the landing interview - nothing else.

She said the current wait time for my interview is 8 weeks, so I should have it by then and if not she just said to call and let them know so we can re-schedule the interview.

A LOT less work than I thought it would be.

Off to the police station tonight to get my police report for it and then will apply ASAP!

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
kieran123 said:
Phew. I talked to a very nice lady on the phone from CIC who let me know that all I need to do is take my new passport to the landing interview - nothing else.

She said the current wait time for my interview is 8 weeks, so I should have it by then and if not she just said to call and let them know so we can re-schedule the interview.

A LOT less work than I thought it would be.

Off to the police station tonight to get my police report for it and then will apply ASAP!

Cool, that's less stressful. Now go and get that police report!

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
angtao said:
Congratulations lovely20. You must be over the moon.

Mona, you are next girl. Probably by Friday you will hear something. I would call CIC on Friday and ask them as e-cas takes 2 days to update.

LY, your probably on cloud 9 today. Good for you girl. You deserve it.

canadiancitizen, they are starting ti process apps after 3 weeks now. Your should be in process anyday now. Have you ever applied for a visitor extension?
Oh ok.. 3 weeks, great but how do I know when they are processing my application? throught E-cas?.. nope, never cause Im the sponsor, but we did send the OWP for along with the application for PR, to ask for an extension to his multiple visa entry status...

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
canadiancitizen said:
Oh ok.. 3 weeks, great but how do I know when they are processing my application? throught E-cas?.. nope, never cause Im the sponsor, but we did send the OWP for along with the application for PR, to ask for an extension to his multiple visa entry status...
So he has a multiple visa, so the client id will be in his immigration papers. Try to look for it its 8 numbers like ours 0000-1234. Once you have his client id number you can log-in to E-cas

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Love_young: OMG I can't wait to hear how your landing went !! You are a PR now guurrrl! :)

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Venemex said:
BB did you received your PR Card on May 25th?
If this happen to me I am in deep sh...., because I am leaving next week counting that my PR Card will come here before June 20..... OMG I am scare now, do you have idea why it took so long???
I think you are really in a deep sh...., because I still have not received mine and I've landed 11 April. Now it seems it takes 8 weeks according CIC - 34 WORKING dayt. BTW I leave this Friday so if it does not arrive tomorrow I will have to have it mailed to me. Complications, complications :mad: