Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Hey LY, I know these last 2 weeks are so stressful. It really sucks. I think a decision will be made on Wednesday. That's about 9 months and 25 days. Btw I called on the day they made the decision on aip and they told me there was no decision made. It may take there system to update over night to show up for the call centre agents. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
TeresaLynn said:
Hey LY, I know these last 2 weeks are so stressful. It really sucks. I think a decision will be made on Wednesday. That's about 9 months and 25 days. Btw I called on the day they made the decision on aip and they told me there was no decision made. It may take there system to update over night to show up for the call centre agents. I hope you start to feel better soon.
Thanks TL. You're such a sweetheart. The last 2 weeks are most definitely difficult because now we're in the final stretch. I don't want to be let down. And I am trying to get better. Thought I was better but been getting worse again all day. Its actually affecting my hearing and balance now. Time for rest again? Perhaps. Wish me luck dear. I hope I can offer good news to everyone soon.

BelieveinGod said:
Congrats everyone who got good news from CIC. I'm sure we'll all get there soon.
Love Young, you are a great person and I'm positive that your time is coming very very shortly!
You have been so helpful to so many people, that you will be reaping all the rewards of your commitment, dedication and support to all of us.
Quick question, have anyone of you heard or know of an immigration staff or some agency body visiting your spouse's home country when doing the background check?

My mother-in-law told us today that a gentleman went to their house asking questions about my husband and I...He apparently introduced himself by saying he was sent by the Canadian Embassy... Is this a normal part of the process?
Thanks so much. I appreciate that, I truly do.
And wow, no that is the first I have heard of that. I wish I knew more though. Wishing you lots of luck.

mi

Mar 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB + Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
19-02-2011
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
28-04-2010
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
19-03-2011
a quick update on our case
my boyfriend finally got his PR card in mail yesterday.
he landed on March 19 and it really takes about 6 weeks to get here!
lucky to get it before our US trip in July

next step is get a new SIN

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
mi said:

Yaayyy!. Congrats on your BF!. I landed on march 29 so im thinking i may get my PR card next week!. really need to get the ball rolling on my United States Visa and make some travel plans!. Starting to get worried!!!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
mi said:

CONGRATULATIONS! Thank you for sharing the news with us. Hope you had a nice trip and that you both are enjoying this new beginning in your life together.

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
BelieveinGod said:
Quick question, have anyone of you heard or know of an immigration staff or some agency body visiting your spouse's home country when doing the background check?

My mother-in-law told us today that a gentleman went to their house asking questions about my husband and I...He apparently introduced himself by saying he was sent by the Canadian Embassy... Is this a normal part of the process?
I don't know about outland, but I have heard of the possibility of home visits inland - Immigration can show up to your house to see if you are really living as you say you are, in a legitimate relationship. I don't think they have the resources to do so often, but our lawyer told us it does happen.

I wish they would show up to our house!! We would welcome a visit -might speed things up a little!

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Hello everyone! Ive been so busy lately that i wasnt able to check the messages here.. Anyways I started my french classes with MICC for a week now so that keeps me busy , but I havent got my working permit yet and hopefully i will received it soon its been 5 weeks since I applied. I called the CIC for follow up for my working permit but instead they told me that my visitors visa I applied for extension last NOVEMBER 2010 got lost in the mail , i dont know and I was like huh??? because i was really waiting for the visitors extension for a long time and I havent received it yet till now and it got lost somewhere in the post ??? hmmm anyways they promised to resend it again! whats going on with them i dont know really :'( anyways im waiting for that extension visa and owp and its like taking forever ??? i felt bad :(

congratulations to those who got their landing interview and for all those who got their AIP . I will continue praying for all of us although I will not be here everyday now because of my french classes . I hope everything will be Ok and we will get a good news soon .Happy mothers day to all the mothers here and also for TO BE mother soon ;D have a nice day!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
How is everyone?
Hope you all are having a beautiful weekend and enjoying Mother's Day.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's and soon to be mom's in here.
May you have a wonderful day! :)

mi

Mar 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
19-02-2011
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
28-04-2010
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
19-03-2011
Love_Young said:
CONGRATULATIONS! Thank you for sharing the news with us. Hope you had a nice trip and that you both are enjoying this new beginning in your life together.
Thanks, LY

He has been here forever (13 years already), life goes on as usual
the only difference is: I don't have to help him to fill up visa renewal form once every 2 years!
save us lots of $ on it!!!!!

checked CIC website, it looks like they are speeding up on the process!

mi

Mar 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
19-02-2011
Med's Request
sent with application
Med's Done....
28-04-2010
Interview........
none
LANDED..........
19-03-2011
Black-Berry said:
Yaayyy!. Congrats on your BF!. I landed on march 29 so im thinking i may get my PR card next week!. really need to get the ball rolling on my United States Visa and make some travel plans!. Starting to get worried!!!
yours should be on the way in mail
be sure to check your mail box everyday!

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
Hello everybody,

I hope this week LY get good news and CIC advance a good amount of days.

I have a question. I need to get the police certificate, but the website of CIC says that I have to wait until they ask for the certificate to present it. Should I try to get it before they ask for it, so I save some time?

Cheers

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
mi said:
Thanks, LY

He has been here forever (13 years already), life goes on as usual
the only difference is: I don't have to help him to fill up visa renewal form once every 2 years!
save us lots of $ on it!!!!!

checked CIC website, it looks like they are speeding up on the process!
Aww well then about time you could stay permanently together. So very happy for you both. :)

pepe261 said:
Hello everybody,

I hope this week LY get good news and CIC advance a good amount of days.

I have a question. I need to get the police certificate, but the website of CIC says that I have to wait until they ask for the certificate to present it. Should I try to get it before they ask for it, so I save some time?

Cheers
This cheered me up this morning. Thank you so so so much pepe261. ;D I don't want to get my hopes up but something tells me to be excited about this week so we will see. I pray we get good news. You know I will let all of you know when I get an answer.

Police certificate from your home or places you have lived for over 6 months since 18 years old? Is that the ones your asking about?
They should have already been sent with the application. So yes I would go ahead and order them now. If not it could take them a long time to assess your for the second portion. Don't let them put a delay on your file. Be on top of the game. ;) But remember you don't need to RCMP (they do it themselves) unless they specifically ask for it from you. Good luck pepe261.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
I think is coming for you Love_Young, very very soon. Did you check your ecas? Let me guess, on wednesday....I bet you are going to see the ecas change. let's start betting

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Haha I would definitely love guesses, I really would. :p
I am hoping for Wednesday but I will say Friday to be on the safe side.
Hubby thinks Wednesday and well he is usually right about most things. Lol. :D

I did check e-Cas this morning. Nothing so far but I still have the rest of the day to go.
I mean we are 3 and a half hours ahead of them so an update can happen at anytime, you know.
I was thinking about calling CIC again and at least see if my background checks have finished yet. What do you think?

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Love_Young said:
Haha I would definitely love guesses, I really would. :p
I am hoping for Wednesday but I will say Friday to be on the safe side.
Hubby thinks Wednesday and well he is usually right about most things. Lol. :D

I did check e-Cas this morning. Nothing so far but I still have the rest of the day to go.
I mean we are 3 and a half hours ahead of them so an update can happen at anytime, you know.
I was thinking about calling CIC again and at least see if my background checks have finished yet. What do you think?

Hi LoveYoung! I'm sure you will be hearing good news this week. Can't wait to celebrate with you!