Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2010
Interview........
01-06-11
LANDED..........
01-06-11
Hi Love_Young,
I got your personal message but for some reason the website says I am not allowed to send personal messages. (do you know why?)
In answer to your question CIC received my inland spousal application June 18, 2010. They started processing April 15, 2011.
Now I have to figure out how to get an Open Work Permit and if it is contingent on having a job offer first. That would just make it really annoying.
-Lena

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Hmm...no I am not sure why that is. Though I am glad you found your way over here.
I will update our chart with your information. However, I am confident they started processing your application before April 15, 2011. Is April 15th the day you got AIP? You can sign into e-Cas on the CIC site with your last name, date of birth, country of birth, and client id number to find out the actual stats of the application. I know some other members have sent their OWP later on after getting AIP however I am not familiar with it. I will try to find some posts though that may help you. I do know though that an OWP does not tie you to an employer or getting an LMO. This is the purpose of it being "open" because it isn't a restricted work permit.

Venemex

Oct 21, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Veigreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 27th, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 26th, 2010 (Quebec)
AOR Received.
December 2nd, 2010
Med's Done....
January 27th, 2010
Interview........
waiting for date
Asta said:
yeah, i sent my extra proof but i was too late, i got AIP soon after hehe i dunno if my extra proof was helpful or it wasnt even added to file yet.
Hi Asta, BlackBerry, SssS and anyone else who has info??

I think you have your landing interview on March 1st, then did you receive your PR Card?
How long did your card took?
Do you know how the process to issue your first PR Card? I meant, I know when you are renew your PR Card you could sent proof of traveling and they may speed the process, but when you are issuing you card for first time is the same?

Well hope someone who has info let me know, pls I waaaaaaant to travel I my dates are running out.

Bye

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Feeling a bit down because I thought that requesting my RCMP checks meant that I had essentially passed for AIP approval but it seems like they can request it before the AIP decision. Hmm....guess it is back to worrying again for the next couple of weeks.

Do they usually always send the second portion of notes? And how long should that take?

P.S. I also found out they omitted pages 22, 23, and 24 of my notes. These are the pages right after they talk about the "work in process". I hope they send me all of them. It would be nice if it could just say they believe our relationship is genuine so I can relax a bit more. At least then I would know I should be approved since I am admissible for medical and I don't have a criminal background.

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Love_Young said:
Feeling a bit down because I thought that requesting my RCMP checks meant that I had essentially passed for AIP approval but it seems like they can request it before the AIP decision. Hmm....guess it is back to worrying again for the next couple of weeks.

Do they usually always send the second portion of notes? And how long should that take?

P.S. I also found out they omitted pages 22, 23, and 24 of my notes. These are the pages right after they talk about the "work in process". I hope they send me all of them. It would be nice if it could just say they believe our relationship is genuine so I can relax a bit more. At least then I would know I should be approved since I am admissible for medical and I don't have a criminal background.
L_Y cheer up ;D. I know it's easy to say now because I was like that too. My FOSS that I ordered in December showed that my RCMP checks were requested in November and in December. I think it's a good thing if they request it that early because it will make it that much easier to issue 1st and 2nd stage of approval at the same time. I know how you feel now with just a few weeks to go. It was the worst time for me too but please stay positive. You will get good news! BTW... congrats to all my fellow inlanders who got more good news this week and I am rooting for all other who are still waiting for a decision!!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
suenim said:
L_Y cheer up ;D. I know it's easy to say now because I was like that too. My FOSS that I ordered in December showed that my RCMP checks were requested in November and in December. I think it's a good thing if they request it that early because it will make it that much easier to issue 1st and 2nd stage of approval at the same time. I know how you feel now with just a few weeks to go. It was the worst time for me too but please stay positive. You will get good news! BTW... congrats to all my fellow inlanders who got more good news this week and I am rooting for all other who are still waiting for a decision!!
My mood is all the time going from "yay we're going to get approved" to "omg but what if we aren't". This mindset is driving me nuts. I wish I just knew what in the world they are doing with the application. Wouldn't that make it easier on all of us? Blah. These last couple of weeks are going so slow too and that doesn't help. I am a ball of nerves. I am like 90% positive about all of this getting approved and happy but the last 10% of doubt catches up to me throughout the day. I will be happy if this all ends soon and with a good answer. Thank you for the ongoing support suenim. You're a sweetheart. :-*

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Love_Young said:
My mood is all the time going from "yay we're going to get approved" to "omg but what if we aren't". This mindset is driving me nuts. I wish I just knew what in the world they are doing with the application. Wouldn't that make it easier on all of us? Blah. These last couple of weeks are going so slow too and that doesn't help. I am a ball of nerves. I am like 90% positive about all of this getting approved and happy but the last 10% of doubt catches up to me throughout the day. I will be happy if this all ends soon and with a good answer. Thank you for the ongoing support suenim. You're a sweetheart. :-*
Btw L_Y you told us once that you are 21 years old. You sound pretty mature for your age. Congratulations!
and don't worry, your AIP is just a matter of weeks! ;D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Inlandappl said:
Btw L_Y you told us once that you are 21 years old. You sound pretty mature for your age. Congratulations!
and don't worry, your AIP is just a matter of weeks! ;D
Yeah, I am 21! ;D Thank you. I have constantly been told throughout life that I am mature for my age.
Hopefully this is a good thing. Lol. Your AIP is on the way too. Can't wait for both of us to celebrate!

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Love_Young said:

Hi LY! Dont you worry anything because it wont help you, stay positive and I know you will get it soon ok? Happy Easter to all! ;)

Gemauru

Mar 28, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
AIP 26-03-2012
Med's Done....
11-11-2010
LANDED..........
14-03-2012
FELICES PASCUAS! HAPPY EASTER! JOYEUSES PAQUES! BUONA PASQUA! PASCOA FELIZ! 复活节快乐!

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Love_Young said:
Yeah, I am 21! ;D Thank you. I have constantly been told throughout life that I am mature for my age.
Hopefully this is a good thing. Lol. Your AIP is on the way too. Can't wait for both of us to celebrate!
Like I have said before, if you do not get approval I will personally fly into Ontario and smack the Immigration Minister, no matter what party wins.

Just take a deep breath, eat some Easter chocy and say over and over......I WILL get AIP soon....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
angelbrat said:
Like I have said before, if you do not get approval I will personally fly into Ontario and smack the Immigration Minister, no matter what party wins.

Just take a deep breath, eat some Easter chocy and say over and over......I WILL get AIP soon....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
L-O-L! You're killing me angelbrat. That is such a sweet thing to even offer to do. Makes me feel so comforted and loved.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I think I already had too much Easter chocy though but I will take the suggestion for sure.
I WILL get AIP very soon! How is that? ;D

PUZZLED said:
Hi LY! Dont you worry anything because it wont help you, stay positive and I know you will get it soon ok? Happy Easter to all! ;)
Thank you PUZZLED! You are a true uplifter during this time. Can't thank you enough. :-*

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Venemex said:

I think you have your landing interview on March 1st, then did you receive your PR Card?
Do you know how the process to issue your first PR Card? I meant, I know when you are renew your PR Card you could sent proof of traveling and they may speed the process, but when you are issuing you card for first time is the same?

Well hope someone who has info let me know, pls I waaaaaaant to travel I my dates are running out.

Bye
hi, yes i had landing interview march 1. they just asked me to sign paper which was application for PR card. and they said they gonna send it in 6-8 weeks. i received it after 6 weeks. april 15 it was.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Asta said:
hi, yes i had landing interview march 1. they just asked me to sign paper which was application for PR card. and they said they gonna send it in 6-8 weeks. i received it after 6 weeks. april 15 it was.
Asta, I was gonna ask you if you recieved it yet. hmm
I need to apply for a visa to go to the U.S. and i was told that i need the actual card!
\Congrats on getting it!..

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Venemex said:

Bye
I landed on the 29th of March, Still haven't received my PR card yet. it takes a while which adds some more time to up to two months!. Will not settle until Ive received it.
Asta congrats!

Also has anyone ever applied for a U.S visa with a Canadian PR card?. i need to visit the states shortly thereafter was wondering what the process was.

I have previous visas to the united states and im wondering if the process is different if you are a Canadian PR card holder