22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello friends,

After having O.W.P & A.I.P I am now waiting for my police clearance from coutry of origin. Is there anyone else also waiting for the same thing? After receiving and handing over to canada immigration how long it will take for final P.R decision?

Please give your reviews & suggessions. Thanks

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Hey Mark_Anna sorry I can't tell anything about sending a police clearance after OWP and AIP (still waiting and hoping for it though) but I can give a suggestion. Why don't you order your FOSS notes and see when the next date will be that they will look at your application. It will take anywhere from 1-4 weeks to get the notes in the mail and are free. Also, they will list the next date they will look at your file which is listed as (BF'D) which means "Bring Forward Date". They usually wait 90 days after they send you that request and don't look at the file until the 90 days have passed. If the things they requested still aren't there then they add another BF date to your file and they wait an additional 90 days. So just send the documents ASAP. Note sure my advice will help but I hope so. Good luck. :D

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Hey Mark_Anna sorry I can't tell anything about sending a police clearance after OWP and AIP (still waiting and hoping for it though) but I can give a suggestion. Why don't you order your FOSS notes and see when the next date will be that they will look at your application. It will take anywhere from 1-4 weeks to get the notes in the mail and are free. Also, they will list the next date they will look at your file which is listed as (BF'D) which means "Bring Forward Date". They usually wait 90 days after they send you that request and don't look at the file until the 90 days have passed. If the things they requested still aren't there then they add another BF date to your file and they wait an additional 90 days. So just send the documents ASAP. Note sure my advice will help but I hope so. Good luck. :D
LY -

Do you think ordering the FOSS notes will help me much since I will have to wait for another month and a half?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Mona_Barca said:
LY -

Do you think ordering the FOSS notes will help me much since I will have to wait for another month and a half?
Well I say it will be fine to order them. They don't really tell you much but they do give you idea on where the application stands.
Like my second set I requested almost a month back and found they were running RCMP checks on me which I hear from rjessome, is a good sign of things to come for us. I also found that I am admissible for the medical. And it gives you other general information about your file, border crossings, visa extensions, etc. If you want to order them, why not? But I would order them soon as it can take 1-4 weeks to get them. And they may only give you a portion then send the second portion later on which from what I hear takes up to an additional 2-3 weeks to get. So I may not even get the second portion before a decision is made.

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Well I say it will be fine to order them. They don't really tell you much but they do give you idea on where the application stands.
Like my second set I requested almost a month back and found they were running RCMP checks on me which I hear from rjessome, is a good sign of things to come for us. I also found that I am admissible for the medical. And it gives you other general information about your file, border crossings, visa extensions, etc. If you want to order them, why not? But I would order them soon as it can take 1-4 weeks to get them. And they may only give you a portion then send the second portion later on which from what I hear takes up to an additional 2-3 weeks to get. So I may not even get the second portion before a decision is made.
LY -

Could you tell me more about the ordering process? You mentioned there are two portions, why do they come in portions? I am sorry for asking many questions.

My expectations for this week that CIC update will be for less than a week because of the Holidays (What do you think?).

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Mona_Barca said:
LY -

Could you tell me more about the ordering process? You mentioned there are two portions, why do they come in portions? I am sorry for asking many questions.

My expectations for this week that CIC update will be for less than a week because of the Holidays (What do you think?).
This link will tell you how to order it: http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes
My first set was a complete set but this second one of mine will come in two parts. They usually block out part of your notes sometimes if they feel that it is giving too much information (like about security) and since they requested my RCMP check they are trying to protect me, themselves, and RCMP. They just want to make sure they are giving out the right information under the "Privacy Act" but if they are concerned about a part they will just omit it, send it to Ottawa to confirm it is safe for you to see it, then send it to you later. If it isn't safe they just won't send the other portion. It is quite common for this to happen but in most cases you get the second portion anyway. And I would expect them to at least be moved on by 5-7 days but still hopeful there is more of a progress. I want to get done with soon. ;)

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Love Young, I have a feeling that they are not going to move much because of Friday and Monday. I would be surprised if it passes July 2.

I was also thinking of ordering FOSS notes. JJ. I know it is way too early. Should I order them around the 6 month mark? I don't want to order them too many times and piss them off there.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
angtao said:
Love Young, I have a feeling that they are not going to move much because of Friday and Monday. I would be surprised if it passes July 2.

I was also thinking of ordering FOSS notes. JJ. I know it is way too early. Should I order them around the 6 month mark? I don't want to order them too many times and piss them off there.
Don't make me sadder than I already am angtao. :( I know I need to think realistically but I just want to be in denial of a bad timeline coming up soon. If it wasn't for Easter I could have had an answer next week. Ugh... ::)

And I would order FOSS notes at the 7-8 month mark. It will be hard to wait that long, I know but you will get the most detail out of them then.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:
Hello friends,

After having O.W.P & A.I.P I am now waiting for my police clearance from coutry of origin. Is there anyone else also waiting for the same thing? After receiving and handing over to canada immigration how long it will take for final P.R decision?

Please give your reviews & suggessions. Thanks
I am on the same boat. I got AIP in march and have been requested for new police certificates from my country. I have already sent them in.

From what I have noticed is that after CPC-V have received the police certificate it takes 2 and a half months until it is attached to the original file.

But how long until a final decision is made on your case is hard to say.

It all depends, i.e if the RCMP checks have already been done, as soon as they receive the new police certificate they will give you the final decision, but if they are still waiting for the RCMP checks they will make a decision once they get these checks back.

:)

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
We are sitting down to do our taxes this weekn (talk about last minute...) I was wondering if anyone here filed online and if they have any tips/pointers on programs to use.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hi,

Thanks Love_Young & Boasorte for your reply.

Boasorte I already gave them my Canadian police clearance long ago with my medical so I don't think they will ask again. I am waiting for my police clearance from home country still take 2-3 weeks to come. Yes may be you are right because they gave 90 days of waiting for documents, even you send it before that period they still wait until 90 days....................

Friends in Toronto around Etobicoke are what is your idea to find a job like clerical, data entry, primary office work, I gave my resume to several employment agencies but not yet successes. It is hard in this city to survive with one job (My spouse is working).

Thanks for your replies, suggestions, ideas, views. God Bless You. Happy Easter

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Teriskier said:
We are sitting down to do our taxes this weekn (talk about last minute...) I was wondering if anyone here filed online and if they have any tips/pointers on programs to use.
Hey there. We used Ufile. It was $20 for the program and you can do up to 8 returns I believe.
It was such an easy program and I did both of ours on my own. Because of the programs we found so many credits and benefits we were entitled to, got back a far bit more money (because I don't work), and hubby got back double GST because of their error. :D We filed his through Netfile and was very easy. He got the check in the mail in about 10 days. You can always send me a PM if you want to.

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
Love_Young said:
Hey there. We used Ufile. It was $20 for the program and you can do up to 8 returns I believe.
It was such an easy program and I did both of ours on my own. Because of the programs we found so many credits and benefits we were entitled to, got back a far bit more money (because I don't work), and hubby got back double GST because of their error. :D We filed his through Netfile and was very easy. He got the check in the mail in about 10 days. You can always send me a PM if you want to.
Thanks LY, We'll look into it! I am hoping it will be a good year for us. We are both students (and I pay international student fees) and we have both worked in the past year! Fingers crossed we get back a good amount. Next will be figuring out what to do about my US tax return after this...

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Teriskier said:
Thanks LY, We'll look into it! I am hoping it will be a good year for us. We are both students (and I pay international student fees) and we have both worked in the past year! Fingers crossed we get back a good amount. Next will be figuring out what to do about my US tax return after this...
You're most welcome. I would say study the credits and benefits really well. And if you think you might be eligible but not sure, don't be afraid to call CRA and have them explain more. They walk you step by step. I think a lot of people get less back than they deserve because they don't know what they are entitled to. And I already filed a US tax return this year. I didn't earn income and didn't need to file one but I did it anyway just before things get too complicated and they can see I have intentions to play by the rules. ;)

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
Hey guys i am so glad to see you guys got AIPS congrats!!! and i saw some people talking about police clearance so i have some questions!

1. I did my police certificate for my country in March 2010 which is like a year ago , and after that i went back to my country in July 2010 for 2 month. and in September 2010 i sent them. so do i need to do it again?

2. I have not done my RCMP clearance yet, do i need to do it right now and send it to my file? becasue i saw someone did it like that?!

3. since i have some updated information like the car under me and my girlfriends name or some tax thing should i add them to my file too?

really appreciate if someone can tell me

thanks a lot!!!! :eek: