26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Dear Corrine,
Don`t stress yourself to much! When I sent our application in June, we did not put N/A either but left those spaces blank. Our application was received, started to be processed and never was returned to us. I called the call centre later and asked an immigration consultant, both said it is not a mayor issue and therefore they will not return the package if there is no other documents missing. Such as outlanders sometimes make the mistake to put no answering whether they have ever applied for a visa before. Usually they correct it themselves or ignore it.
It was a good idea to send a corrected version of the application, we did not send one, hopefully the consultant was right and they will not tranfer our appl. to local office only because of the missing N/As.
Good luck for you!

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
Corrine,

I left something blank on my application and the agent I talked to said to write a letter to them send, so I did. (my application was not returned) To be honest I would not trust the call agents, instead of making us feel a little more at ease, they make us worry more by giving different answers.

Babyhagon,

I am sorry for the situation you are in. I dont know why the agent told you you have to wait thirty days to call back. You can call back anytime you feel (as long as you are calling during working hours). I would talk a few agents before really stressing out. Seriously, these call agent know NOTHING. It makes me so mad that they actually get paid for what they do.

Vincywife

Oct 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
Med's Request
08-15-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2009
LANDED..........
09-29-2011
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

So here's our story....My husband Applied DEC 14 2009. We have received AIP SEPT 10 2010 (9 months) After waiting watching everyone else receive AIP and so forth I ordered my husbands FOSS Notes in DEC. We received them in the 1st week of JAN...

Heres the interesring part...All we have been waiting on since Sept is the RCMP checks. According to the 2nd part of our FOSS notes we just received a few days back it was requested MAY 28 2010. Doing some math....When we got AIP the checks were not ready which take 120 Days(4 Months) according to RCMP. So the wonderfull IO set a BF date of OCT 10 2010 for these checks.

Now to this date according to our FOSS notes no one has looked at our file since. Which means WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN APPROVED SINCE OCTOBER!

I'm a little upset as anyone would be in this case. However I spoke with CIC today and the lady says if I get my husband to call. (As i was too silly not to send in the apointment of a representaive forms) She can have this escalated b/c if our file is not look at after 4 months as ours hasnt been then she can do this. I justhope whoever he speaks to says the same....(I'm at work :()

cdarroch

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
Babyhangon said:
Congratulations to those whose cases got moved to positive direction. But I got a bad piece of news today after I called the CIC call centre. They seem to have lost my package!!! :'( :'( :'( They're opening up packages received on Dec.20th/2010. Ours was delivered on Dec.8/2010. But they can't find any information in their system. As I still keep the package delivery information, so I gave her the tracking #, package type, and even the person's signature who picked up the package. She said she would send a message to the office to locate our package. She said I could only call again in 30 days to find out what's going on.

Frankly I broke down after the call. I don't know if anybody had similar bad experience like this. I am now worried sick. What if they can't locate our package? Even though they find it, they won't put us in the spot of Dec.8th (according to that lady on phone). Now everything is up in the air. I don't know how I can sleep in the following 30 days. What's worse is, I can't share this bad news with my wife. She would go crazy, I am sure. Without a permanent status, she is already under enormous pressure. She stays here just for me. Her mom is pushing her hard to leave Canada. I thought we could get an approval by October. But now with this, who knows when? If it turns out that CIC can't locate our package, I am sure my wife won't allow me to submit another one. She might just leave me right away. Oh, God.

Sorry for the whining. Can't help. Everyone good luck.
The exact same thing happened to us, and since we had copies of everything, we sent it all in again - they found the originals and it didn't screw up our timeline, but yup - they lost the application. The only consequence (apart from stress) was that they DIDN'T lose the work permit app, processed and denied it. So we just had to submit another one, $150.
Don't worry, your app is in the building - I'm sure they'll find it and put it back in line where it belongs :)

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Asta : Congrats.......it's really a good news (screaming for you...lol :p :p :p)

Babyhangon: I'm sorry to hear your story but please don't be that sad. I'll suggest you to call the call center again because I found out that sometimes you may get different answer from other agent (I knew it sounds strange but that's CIC ::) )

Here is a story for you, I hope it will comfort you a little bit. I've met another girl who had the same story as you. CIC told her the application was lost and asked her to send a new one. So she did it right away and then she finished the interview and landed around 10 months after sending the second application.

cdarroch

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
Asta said:
Congrats!!!

i was first :D hehe

sooo i got letter from Vegreville today. it doesnt say much. just that application process is complete and Etobicoke will contact us concerning landing interview. i was hoping to know landing date by now.
Congratulations!!!!! :D
We got the letter this morning - same deal, it doesn't say much other than "We are pleased to advise you..." and that the Kitchener office will be in contact to set up the interview.
Hope it's soon!

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Hey guys so this is how ive been busy,
I got a part time job which is between 18 to 40 hours a month :(... not as much as i would like but its something anyway!!...
So in between my part time shifts, ive been applying for jobs, doing Zumba (hich i LOVE!0) and Latin dance.
Tonight and tomorrow night im going to volunteer at the VIctoria Film festival. Where i get to meet ilm directors, and go to their after-party :) .. They give us vouchers for food/gas etc!!. .
Ive started being really busy which i love. Although it would be nice to get a full time job or even two part time jobs :)
My advice .. dont just sit there aiting for AIP!. volunteer!!. there are lots of organisations out there who need people!!. SOme of these organisations may even offer a little money PLUS it goes on your resume!! and a MAJOR plus is.... you get to keep your mind OFF immigration and time goes faster!

This is for you Amandahsu!. if you want ideas send me an email and maybe i can invite you to come with me to volunteer!!!...

Also wanted to add, i have met my BEST friend here. not on inlanders thread but here on the board!. hes a guy and he ws an outlander but now he has PR and he lives near me and he and i are now best friends!!. we hang out alot with him and his sponsor (GF) and tomorrow we are going to have Sushi after volunteering! Then we are ghoping out in the town to partay!!.... hahahahah (sorry about the TMI!) LOL....
get out there do stuff!. that has helped me ALOT on dealing with this immigration issues!..

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
cdarroch said:
Congratulations!!!!! :D
We got the letter this morning - same deal, it doesn't say much other than "We are pleased to advise you..." and that the Kitchener office will be in contact to set up the interview.
Hope it's soon!
Hi CDArroch,

I live in kitchener as well, would be interesting to see Kitchener vs Etobicoke timelines for interview calls. Please do keep us posted !

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Me too , Im just waiting also for good news ( hopefully ) its been more than 2 years now since I applied inland.

BB , its good to know your active too, stops you from going insane lol ...maybe one day you may be on TV 8)

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Another board that I am on has an applicant whose package got to Vegreville on May 3rd 2010. She got decision made today so it feels better to know they are way ahead of the posted April 20th posted processing times. Here's to hoping we will hear something soon too.

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
suenim said:
Another board that I am on has an applicant whose package got to Vegreville on May 3rd 2010. She got decision made today so it feels better to know they are way ahead of the posted April 20th posted processing times. Here's to hoping we will hear something soon too.
That's good to hear Suenim ! Keep us posted on when you get to hear the good news !!!!

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Friends, I feel much better now. I talked to my wife and she didn't get mad. She comforted me instead.

Some of the new posts are quite encouraging. Thank you guys so much for sharing. I'm putting together a new application package with proof of delivery of my original package. I am planning to send it out by Monday.

It's still hard to believe CIC is such an inefficient, mis-organized organization funded by taxpayers' money. Those agents I have spoken to were not sensitive at all. When I heard they lost our application package, I was on verge of breaking down and my voice started shaking. Yet the lady was as cold as ice and didn't say anything comforting. I thought I could get an apology or something. But I got nothing and they didn't even care to make efforts to locate my package. They just asked me to send another one as if it's a piece of cake to make another package. Gosh, it took us 3 months to make the package.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Sorry to read your story about your package going missing, did you send it by expresspost ? if so you usually get a tracking number with it so you can keep an eye on it while in transit.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Babyhangon said:
Friends, I feel much better now. I talked to my wife and she didn't get mad. She comforted me instead.

Some of the new posts are quite encouraging. Thank you guys so much for sharing. I'm putting together a new application package with proof of delivery of my original package. I am planning to send it out by Monday.

It's still hard to believe CIC is such an inefficient, mis-organized organization funded by taxpayers' money. Those agents I have spoken to were not sensitive at all. When I heard they lost our application package, I was on verge of breaking down and my voice started shaking. Yet the lady was as cold as ice and didn't say anything comforting. I thought I could get an apology or something. But I got nothing and they didn't even care to make efforts to locate my package. They just asked me to send another one as if it's a piece of cake to make another package. Gosh, it took us 3 months to make the package.
best of luck, hopefully they will find ur old package too. im not surprised that this happened... a lot happened there, so nothing surprises me anymore..
thats great that u told ur wife. thats what marriage/relationship is about - being there for each other. hang on there. it should be fine ;) we all here gonna cheer for u. u already noticed that hehe!

p.s. thanks to all for congrats. hope ur turn is very very soon guys!

cutieshashie

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2011
suenim said:
Best news i've heard all week!! Hopefully we may 2010 applicants hear something really soon!!!