Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Dammmit! I know I said that I am going, but I just wanted to share this cuuute video that I have seen and it goes for all of us that have great partners beside us that are there when we are going crazy. I am so thankful to Ian that he is with me because sometimes I can be in such a bad mood because of all of this. We people are really willing to do so much cause of love, arent we?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6pW_q1PvH0&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Dexter is a pointer - Australian cattle dog mix ( though I think that he is more of a pointer ).
If you want you can check some pics of him here: https://picasaweb.google.com/vesnav70/DEXTER#

Btw, Love young, for someone who is 21 year old you are very brave and I think that you have to be cool cause you are mostly positive spirit here for us. So, stay yourself!

Vincywife

Oct 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
Med's Request
08-15-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2009
LANDED..........
09-29-2011
Okay..>So I'm officially puzzled. Someone please help me out...My husband received his 2nd part of FOSS notes. The "undiclosed part" and It says that RCMP check was "OMITTED" now please tell me why they would be waiting for RCMP checks that have been OMITTED according to the FOSS notes???? I really don't get it. Plus I thought the were requested later on went we got AIP in SEPT but guess what it says the checks were submitted back in MAY 2010.

Does OMITTED simply men not received yet or Not needed. ANYONE Help!!!!

cdarroch

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
I think I've figured out what the problem is: crappy communication. If CIC would just tell us exactly what's going on at any given time, much of this stress and... bad-will, i guess, could be completely avoided.

Anyways - ecas is changed today to Decision Made, and as I understand it, that usually means good things - they sent a letter on Feb 7th. We were just waiting on criminal checks, and since there's definitely no problem there, well... it's probably a good decision!

The first line is in reference to our own anxiety (and others', based on this board). Looking back, CIC processed this application in a year plus two days, and their time-frame when we submitted it was 11-12 months. There was a processing error to start off with, and it took us almost a month to submit some documents they requested later on. The AIP took almost months from start to finish, 4 months longer than "normal" at the time, but then it was wham-bam work permit, health card, license, Decision made - 3 months.

So all in all, from Received to Decision made in one year and two days - discounting for the time it took us to get the proper documents, that's right at the short end of the quoted timeframe - not too bad!

But it WAS bad. All the clueless waiting, the ecas logins that showed no updates and the calls to agents who, although sometimes empathetic, friendly and helpful, usually can't provide (or aren't permitted to provide, maybe... I don't know) any case-specific information, and are therefore rendered practically useless.

I guess what I'm saying is that for us, it wasn't the waiting time that was the killer - in the end, that was right on the money. It's the lack of information that creates much of the stress involved in this whole process, I mean, if you know that there isn't some weird technicality or departmental delay or lost forms or who-knows-what holding up the processing of your application, you'd certainly feel a lot more at ease over the waiting period, right? We sure would've.

Anyways - DECISION MADE!!! Let's hope it's a good one :D :D :D Are we the first in February?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
cdarroch Ahh, you couldn't have explained that ANY better. That is what I have been trying to say for a long time. I mean with the US I know their process is way different and more streneous but they get updates from the moment their application is opened, every time it is touched, etc. If I could just know what was going on with my application I would be able to relax so much more not to mention less and less people are able to log into e-Cas with myself included. That makes it more difficult even though it doesn't say much of anything, it would just be nice to have that there to look at. And I remember following your case and felt so very sorry for the struggle you had to endure all of faults of their own. I am so glad you can finally move on and put that behind you now. And yes, "decision made" means that they are finished with the case since you already have AIP. You will be getting the landing interview soon. Where will your wife be landing? I am very happy for you and thank you for sharing this amazing news. I hope you will come back letting us know when it is and how it goes.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! 8)

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Spring4.6. said:
So just wait and do something else.

You can only wait and hope that they wont refuse you.
You all know why you applied and what is important to you, so just stick to it and let them do everything else.
Yes, it's so true. I just sent my app 3 months ago and I used to be crazy of checking the website all the time, even though I DO know that I won't receive anything within 9 months but I just couldn't stop being that silly. And then I sometimes lost my control, fought with my bf or cried for no reason, yeah, I know it sounds crazy. Recently, I've started forcing myself to put attention on something else, like start being on a diet, reading some books, I even started to look for job to see what kind of job I'd like to do, also take a look that what I need to improve to get the job, something like that. Well, it helps me killing the time :)

Today, after reading some of you mentioned about the finance things, I feel sorry to hear that and also I feel ashamed myself because I haven't waited that long as some of you and I don't have finance problems as you have but I keep complaining. I'm sorry about that. Thank you for making me being stronger.

No matter how long the process is going to take, at least we are with our loved and we still have so many friends here to help, encourage each other, so we are still lucky... best wishes for everyone BIG HUGS..... :-*

Vincywife

Oct 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
Med's Request
08-15-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2009
LANDED..........
09-29-2011
Wow. i know I don't belong here....but really now. I will leave you all alone. Congrads on your decision made. I will have to find some way to get an IO to look at my husbands file again.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vincywife said:
Wow. i know I don't belong here....but really now. I will leave you all alone. Congrads on your decision made. I will have to find some way to get an IO to look at my husbands file again.
I would love to help you out with your question, but I really can't. Hopefully somebody will help you with that.

Have you tried 'googling' it? :)

Spring4.6.

Feb 6, 2011
Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hello people!

One good news here, I will finally get my work permit! I know that is not some huuge news but it was so important to me.

One question though ( I forgot to ask that the guy in the call center ): how do I get health card or it is something that I get with the work permit or do I have to apply on something to someone?

Thank you for any information about it.

I hope that all of you will at least find out about information that you want to know and stay positive!

Keeping my fingers crossed for all!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
No, the health card is regulated by the provincial governments (for now). Check with your spouse, she knows exactly where to get it.

Spring4.6.

Feb 6, 2011
Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Ok will do so. I think that he was saying that he just needs my SIN number and then I can have health via him.
Thanks!

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Spring4.6. said:
Ok will do so. I think that he was saying that he just needs my SIN number and then I can have health via him.
Thanks!
u have to apply for ur own, and only u can apply for it. just google :D

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
cdarroch said:
Anyways - DECISION MADE!!! Let's hope it's a good one :D :D :D Are we the first in February?
Congrats!!!

i was first :D hehe

sooo i got letter from Vegreville today. it doesnt say much. just that application process is complete and Etobicoke will contact us concerning landing interview. i was hoping to know landing date by now.

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
CONGRATS ASTA !!! So it took a year to get the letter... you can start living normal life now :) You must be very happy! ;D

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Latvian said:
CONGRATS ASTA !!! So it took a year to get the letter... you can start living normal life now :) You must be very happy! ;D
thank u :) to tell the truth i was much more happier when i received AIP and open work permit. i could live "normal" life by then already. all other stuff looks like formality now. well thats just me! ;)

best of luck to u!

cutieshashie

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2011
congrats asta and cdarroch!! your long wait is over! :)