App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
That is interesting, he might told this to you because you have the right to go there. I would call the Call Centre and talk to someone just to confirm, but I still say you can send the application to Vegreville- that`s the official way to do it. Maybe someone else will help with the same advice.

jesse_love

Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Hey there.
Landing interview is the interview you receive before becoming a PR. It isn't even an actual interview, more just a formality to check that you don't have any more dependents to add, that you haven't committed any crimes recently, etc. I can find the questions usually asked if you like but it usually only consists of 3 or 4 standard questions. Everyone whether applying inland or outland has to have it to become a PR. It is nothing to be concerned about in any way. They will take down your mailing address in order to mail the PR card to you. And sometimes you are able to obtain the SIN card there but that is mostly in some airports I believe for when outlander's land. You will have to hand over your current status document, temporary SIN card, etc. And the PR interview will come after AIP.
Thank you very much for your very clear and helpful information!

YodaBob

Jan 18, 2011
Red Deer
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 April 2010
Doc's Request.
06 January 2011
abisehiyo said:
Hello ditta, thanks for the info. The immigration officer who approved my visitor visa called before and said once I get a new employer,LMO and apply for visa, I would be needing to go to the boarder.

I am more than happy to help you. You can Pm me if you want. but t his agency only deals with nurses though. I hope you are so I can be helpful to you. :)
Hey abisehiyo, thank you but I working in account :( where in alberta are you??

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
is this the right fax number for Vegreville?

708 603 2695?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
For faxing FOSS notes to, no that isn't the right number.
But general correspondence I do believe so. I don't think they accept fax anymore though unless it is requested from an IO.
It was for me and I had to put her initials on there one time for an extension. They received the documents and made the approval on the same day.

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
YodaBob said:
Hey abisehiyo, thank you but I working in account :( where in alberta are you??
Hi yodabob, that is too bad. I hope you will find an employer. I am in Edmonton, how about you? :)

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So today I received my FOSS notes, two weeks after ordering it by fax.

I am a bit upset, because the notes don't mention much or better said, nothing about my relationship, nothing about fees, not even when they received my application. It only says when I did my medicals and when they received it, and when they supposedly "started" working on my application, also when I applied for a visa to come to Canada.

I saw Love_Young's post about her FOSS notes and even though I applied before her she has way more information on her notes than I have on mine. I called the CIC call center to make sure they indeed have received my application and according to the Call center agent they did so, but they haven't started working on it since CPC-V is still working on application received on April 13th.

I really hope they didn't lose my application, and that I will hear anything from them soon, even a refusal.

(Love_Young sorry to mention you without your authorization, I just wanted to make a point) :)

At this point I am expecting anything, really.

Luck to all! :)

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
boasorte said:

I am a bit upset, because the notes don't mention much or better said, nothing about my relationship, nothing about fees, not even when they received my application. It only says when I did my medicals and when they received it, and when they supposedly "started" working on my application, also when I applied for a visa to come to Canada.

I saw Love_Young's post about her FOSS notes and even though I applied before her she has way more information on her notes than I have on mine. I called the CIC call center to make sure they indeed have received my application and according to the Call center agent they did so, but they haven't started working on it since CPC-V is still working on application received on April 13th.

I really hope they didn't lose my application, and that I will hear anything from them soon, even a refusal.

(Love_Young sorry to mention you without your authorization, I just wanted to make a point) :)

My first set was like that too. The 1st part was huge (at least 70 pages) but it was about all the visitor, study and work permits I had applied for. It did not have much about my PR application except the date I did my medicals and the date they received them. It had a cover letter saying some info was held back and they are waiting for approval (or something like that to release it).They sent that about a week or so after and it had more info about my fees paid, that my hubby's info was on file and that RCMP checks were requested in Nov and Dec. And the last line said the file was sent to APR inventory.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
boasorte said:

Hi, I don't mind you mentioning me. Lol, don't worry about that dear. Sorry that it didn't offer much to you at this point but for most people it won't until after AIP decision is made. Boo, I know how much that stinks. We should be given more information. Anyway, if it relaxes you any, most of my notes were about when I first crossed the border, what was discussed, then previous visitor extensions and what was included in the applications. Then it talked about dates the documents were issued. The only thing about my PR application it had on there was my medical being received, when I took the medical, my sponsor fee receipt, OWP receipt, undertaking form, when my application was received, and when they started working on it. That was all. Didn't say anything about passing medical (which I believe I did), Police Checks, Sponsor approval...nothing! The thing I find interesting though was that for some that other's say they sent a letter saying they withheld some information but I never was withheld anything. Makes me wonder why some are withheld and some aren't. All in all, my whole FOSS notes were 26 pages long. I really don't think you have anything to be concerned about. I think I would be more concerned to see a ton of stuff written but to only find it be bad things written.

cutieshashie

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2011
sorry to be ignorant but.. what are FOSS notes? I saw a link that was posted previously at immipedia and it said it's free for people in canada, but then it had a link to the form that needs to be filled out and it says there's a $5 charge to it? which one is it really? and where did u guys mail/fax it? did u include any other documentation i.e. ur passport?

thanks a bunch!! :D

Van Bound

Jan 6, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
Med's Done....
01-03-2010
HI Everyone!

I hope you are all well, hanging in there and keeping busy to pass the time. I know the weather is against us but I always found that getting out your house everyday, whether it's for a short walk, hike or bike ride will always give you some sense of accomplishment and make the days pass by quicker.

I got some amazing news today: My AIP and OWP were granted today, meaning I can take the job offer which was given to me- I start a new job on Monday! It's been 10 months since I last could/did work as I didn't get a new work permit, so I'm a bit nervous, but it'll be great just to feel useful again!

For anyone asked to provide further info in support of your relationship, this added 2 weeks to the process from me sending the required documentation. I know Yodabob especially was in the same situation.

Now another long wait until the PR card is issued, but honestly I'm just happy to be able to work again. Is there anything about the post AIP stage I should know about?

Good luck to everyone, and hang in there!

confusedwife

Dec 12, 2010
Hello All, first time posting in INLAND;

This is for an Inland Application. We already had an interview to 'prove' our relationship and we aced that. Now this letter. Any idea what questions are usually asked at this stage?

It says:

Madam/Sir,

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalzed at your next interview that has been scheduled for: XXXX

Please report to: XXXX

You must bring with you the following documents:

1) Valid Passport - they have hubby's passport
2) The original of your identity document(s) provided to Case Processing Center in Vegreville or to the local Canada Immigration Center
3) All you immigration documents - what exactly is ALL immigration documents? All letters rec'd from CIC?
4) You have to be accompanied by your spouse/sponsor, your sponsor must provide an ID document with picture
5) 2 photos - see enclosed appendix for specifications

Further to appear for an interview for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada and your file may be closed.

Vincywife

Oct 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
Med's Request
08-15-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2009
LANDED..........
09-29-2011
Hi Confused. Congrads to you! thats you landing interview letter. Your journey ends on that date given in the letter. Whats your timeline? May I ask?

dudebr

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
confusedwife said:
Hello All, first time posting in INLAND;

This is for an Inland Application. We already had an interview to 'prove' our relationship and we aced that. Now this letter. Any idea what questions are usually asked at this stage?

It says:

Madam/Sir,

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalzed at your next interview that has been scheduled for: XXXX

Please report to: XXXX

You must bring with you the following documents:

1) Valid Passport - they have hubby's passport
2) The original of your identity document(s) provided to Case Processing Center in Vegreville or to the local Canada Immigration Center
3) All you immigration documents - what exactly is ALL immigration documents? All letters rec'd from CIC?
4) You have to be accompanied by your spouse/sponsor, your sponsor must provide an ID document with picture
5) 2 photos - see enclosed appendix for specifications

Further to appear for an interview for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada and your file may be closed.
Hi
Can you share your complete time line with us? What is your CIC local office?

Thank you very much

confusedwife

Dec 12, 2010
Thank you all Amen!!

I applied to sponsor my husband Nov 25,2009.
App received Dec. 1,2009
1st letter received Feb. 23,2010 that our file was transferred to local office Ottawa.
2nd letter received June 2010 from Ottawa that the have file but is backlogged 24 months
we moved to Gatineau June 2010
Nov. 24,2010 file transferred to Gatineau local office
husband arrested for overstaying Dec 2,2010. He has been out of status for 8 years.
Released after 5 days $5000 cash bail and he signs in once per week
Ticket bought for him to leave Jan 10, 2011
deferral request made Dec 21,2010 and granted same day. Ticket cancelled.
Interview letter received also letter telling us to apply for CSQ in Quebec Jan 4,2011
request CSQ Jan. 7,2011,
Interview done and passed Jan 11, 2011;
CSQ received Jan 19,2011
Jan 25, 2011 landing interview as well as 1st stage approval letter received.

So when a person says "Journey" I completely understand. I fought to keep my husband here and you should not give up. There are ppl in this country with great level of authority that can get things moving. You just have to ask.