18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
tifanjo said:
1) I believe you're on implied status if your PR application is in process, so that means you can continue working until you get a new OWP (with AIP if you apply for it).
Tiny detail: he cannot continue to work on implied status, just because his PR application is in process. He can continue to work on implied status, because he filed an application for a new work permit! Without the work permit application: no implied status regarding working.

bobdit said:
Hello everyone, we went to the landing interview in Etobicoke today. The gentleman only asked to confirm name/address. Handed in the expired SIN and got a new permanent SIN right there :). Our immigration journey has indeed reached the end YAY.
Hi Bobdit,

How did you manage to do an entire inland application, both sponsorship and PR, in 8 months!? We want to know all of your secrets, because if there's anything we can do to have to wait less long...

ss06cj

Jun 16, 2010
We got news finally in the mail about our application that was sent april 2010. Fiance got another work permit and told that we were eligible (inital processing) - now waiting for them to go through everything and process it fully. So nice to hear from CIC about it; was starting to get worried.

cutieshashie

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2011
boasorte said:
I haven't receive any request for update on my information and I applied in May/2010, hoping that they didn't lose or even forget my application on the corner of the room.
hi boasorte,

not to worry! i sent mine in may as well and didn't receive anything. don't worry - we're on the same boat! hopefully we'll get AIP next month :)

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Hi everyone! Nice to hear from the old members getting AIP and see new people here! Congratulations to all! As for the update form- not everyone receives a request form like this, mostly those who are on visitor visa while waiting. If you have a work permit they know what are you doing.
Myself is not only waiting for AIP but my WP extention as well, seems that I might get both at the end of March- maybe on the same week. I start to be a little excited, I really wish to have AIP and not being transferred to Edmonton. As far as I know it is one of the slowest offices. On the sidenote, I sent some update and further evidence back in November, because there was a lot of things happening this fall- family visits, purchasing a home, a car and I thought it is going to strengthen the overall application. I called them on Friday and they still open general correspondance from the beginning of Oct. It is insanely slow- I really hope these things will be added to my file before an IO starts dealing with it. Oh well...
Have a great week everyone!

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
oh well finally the three months waiting is going to be over.
My BF date is within two days, hopefully i will get a Decision made with landing interview date.

jesse_love

Nov 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I have a small question. I heard so many times about landing interview, but I do not know what it is. What is it about? and is it made before or after AIP?
Thanks in advance.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
jesse_love said:
Hi,
I have a small question. I heard so many times about landing interview, but I do not know what it is. What is it about? and is it made before or after AIP?
Thanks in advance.
Hey there.
Landing interview is the interview you receive before becoming a PR. It isn't even an actual interview, more just a formality to check that you don't have any more dependents to add, that you haven't committed any crimes recently, etc. I can find the questions usually asked if you like but it usually only consists of 3 or 4 standard questions. Everyone whether applying inland or outland has to have it to become a PR. It is nothing to be concerned about in any way. They will take down your mailing address in order to mail the PR card to you. And sometimes you are able to obtain the SIN card there but that is mostly in some airports I believe for when outlander's land. You will have to hand over your current status document, temporary SIN card, etc. And the PR interview will come after AIP.

tifanjo

Nov 21, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2010
Med's Done....
16-11-2010
Jurjen said:
Tiny detail: he cannot continue to work on implied status, just because his PR application is in process. He can continue to work on implied status, because he filed an application for a new work permit! Without the work permit application: no implied status regarding working.
Thanks Jurjen for the correction - good to know!

santacruzan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 20
Doc's Request.
dec 7' 2010
AOR Received.
July 05, 2011
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
August 3 2011
that good new but it would be really if u can provide the most common questions that the immigrations will going to ask

santacruzan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 20
Doc's Request.
dec 7' 2010
AOR Received.
July 05, 2011
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
August 3 2011
just wanna correct my application it was recieved may 20, 2010
im hoping by the 3rd week of FEB WILL GET the pre approval and wait another month again for the OWP,,, im really want to work and to help my hubby and we are planning to get married too by this year ,,,,were just waiting for my certificate of divorce.... hopefully soon.....

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
Hi guys, I haven't been here for a while. Got so busy looking for a work. And finally, good news, I got hired yesterday after all the negatives and denial of application. Found an agency that helps find an employer, process LMO and work visa with NO charge. There was a really a very low chance of getting LMOs here in Alberta especially under health care that's why I am so pleased. :)
Got a quick question. I was on work visa for 2 years, it expired Dec 11th, I got approved for a visitor visa Dec 29th. Now, since I found a job, should I apply for new work visa/permit or just a restoration? I heard that when I apply for a new work visa, since I am currently on visitors CIC would ask me to go to the boarder or any port of entry which I am scared that would affect my Inland app. Please help guys. Thanks a million!

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Question - How long after CIC receives the "Client History update form" will i hear back from them, what is the next step?

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
TeresaLynn- the update form is a common procedure, CIC sends it to most applicants who is on visitor visa, mainly way before they start reviewing the application for AIP. You applied in June, that means you will hear from them somewhere in March whether you are approved for AIP.

Abisehiyo- Great news! Did you already get the LMO? You need to apply for a new WP either by mail or online. Your confusion comes from the fact that if you are from a visa-exempt country you can go to the border with your already prepared application and all the supporting documents and an IO can issue your work permit at the border. It is an option not a must. I chose to go to the border before because I needed the WP in a couple of days. If you have time to wait the processing time of Vegreville do it that way. At the border all depends on the IO, it was a nervewrecking experience.

YodaBob

Jan 18, 2011
Red Deer
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 April 2010
Doc's Request.
06 January 2011
abisehiyo said:
Hi guys, I haven't been here for a while. Got so busy looking for a work. And finally, good news, I got hired yesterday after all the negatives and denial of application. Found an agency that helps find an employer, process LMO and work visa with NO charge. There was a really a very low chance of getting LMOs here in Alberta especially under health care that's why I am so pleased. :)
Got a quick question. I was on work visa for 2 years, it expired Dec 11th, I got approved for a visitor visa Dec 29th. Now, since I found a job, should I apply for new work visa/permit or just a restoration? I heard that when I apply for a new work visa, since I am currently on visitors CIC would ask me to go to the boarder or any port of entry which I am scared that would affect my Inland app. Please help guys. Thanks a million!
Hey abisehiyo, I am from alberta as well, so you found an agency that helps find employer and LMO. I was wondering if you could give me that information?? I currenly live in red deer, and I have a job, but my visa expire in May so. Anymore information would help!

Thank you

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
ditta said:
Abisehiyo- Great news! Did you already get the LMO? You need to apply for a new WP either by mail or online. Your confusion comes from the fact that if you are from a visa-exempt country you can go to the border with your already prepared application and all the supporting documents and an IO can issue your work permit at the border. It is an option not a must. I chose to go to the border before because I needed the WP in a couple of days. If you have time to wait the processing time of Vegreville do it that way. At the border all depends on the IO, it was a nervewrecking experience.
Hello ditta, thanks for the info. The immigration officer who approved my visitor visa called before and said once I get a new employer,LMO and apply for visa, I would be needing to go to the boarder.

YodaBob said:
Hey abisehiyo, I am from alberta as well, so you found an agency that helps find employer and LMO. I was wondering if you could give me that information?? I currenly live in red deer, and I have a job, but my visa expire in May so. Anymore information would help!

Thank you
I am more than happy to help you. You can Pm me if you want. but t his agency only deals with nurses though. I hope you are so I can be helpful to you. :)