Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 April 2010
Doc's Request.
06 January 2011
tifanjo said:
1) I believe you're on implied status if your PR application is in process, so that means you can continue working until you get a new OWP (with AIP if you apply for it).
Hey tifanjo

Thank you so much!! I had no idea about the implied status. I am hopping to receive my AIP soon, I have been looking at some of the other's time line that are similar to mine, and it seems it should be happening soon. Wish me luck!

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Janadian said:
Hey guys -- Just a quick up date:

We went to go get my husbands health card on Monday. They gave him a form and told him he will recieve a card in April after the 3 month waiting period. My husband was dissapointed because he had a temparay health card when he entered Canada and so we were told it would most likley be renewed. We later found out that if you have a temparary healthcard and renew it within 90 days than yes it could be renewed...but it has been over a year. So we wait 90 like everyone else who is applying for a first health card. The only reason we wanted a health card earlier is because my husband was excited to try sledding with my son but is afraid he will hurt himself nd need medical care LOL :p

We re still waiting on the OWP

What happens to immigrants that are granted OWP ...are waiting for a health card...and hurt themselves on the job i wonder??
Hey Janandian you could always purchase temporary heath care to cover yourselves for the next 3 months. It wouldn't cost very much then he could go sledding all he wants :))

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
deer30 said:
Hi guys!

So we received the work permit in the mail a few days ago. We were SO excited because we've been waiting to move to Toronto from Vancouver & my parents' basement:(

So I booked the tickets for Wed Jan26th........ BUT today I got a call from Immigration for a landing intervew Feb9th!!!!

I told him we would like to transfer our file to the Toronto office!!! Did I just make a HUGE mistake????!!!
Will our file be put to the bottom now???!!
How long does the Toronto office take for interviews????

I hope I didn't screw things up.......
Hey there. I understand your excitement to get away from living with parents as are we but I think I would have rescheduled the flight for a later date. Some people that applied inland are waiting for 2 years or more past AIP and would die for the official PR interview. Vancouver is a much faster office from what I have seen with giving out PR interview dates and Toronto tends to be on the slower side. I think you would be moving to the bottom of the pile not to mention that I heard it takes a month for the file to be transferred to a local office. But on the plus side since everything is done with your file it may not take that long. However, is there any way you can visit your local office or call them to say you would like that date back?

I would have taken the PR interview over the flight but that is just my 2 cents... ::)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
HEY THERE! I hope everyone is doing good. Haven't heard from many people since they got AIP.
Must be out enjoying their lives like I hope to be soon.
I just can't wait to let go of this ball and chain I feel they got me on right now.

How about everyone else?

So are all of you that applied in late April and early May getting excited? I bet you are. Can't wait to celebrate with you all when you get AIP. Good luck everyone. I will be here by your side no matter what.
Group hug.

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
deer30 said:
Hi guys!

So we received the work permit in the mail a few days ago. We were SO excited because we've been waiting to move to Toronto from Vancouver & my parents' basement:(

So I booked the tickets for Wed Jan26th........ BUT today I got a call from Immigration for a landing intervew Feb9th!!!!

I told him we would like to transfer our file to the Toronto office!!! Did I just make a HUGE mistake????!!!
Will our file be put to the bottom now???!!
How long does the Toronto office take for interviews????

I hope I didn't screw things up.......
I thought they notified via letter mail regarding landing interviews? or are some cases special that need a phone call?

anyone know if the waiting times for Ottawa is long? compare to Toronto or Vancouver? They started to process my application June 22, got AIP dated Dec 30.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Hi everyone,

I sent my application June 15 2010. Last week we received a letter requesting us to update information. They wanted to know what my common-law partner has been doing since June 2010, which is when we applied with regards to work, hobbies. Has anyone else received this letter? When I called CIC they told me this is standard and means they are about to work on our file....fingers crossed.

Kris13

Sep 19, 2010
hi

This week I hope to hear back from the two interviews i had last week and also My wife goes into Hospital friday for a C-section ( unless it happens b4 then lol)

Fingers crossed

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello TheresaLynn,

I also applied on 15th of June like you & after 7 months I got their letter requesting some information call "Client History Update form" which is for my employment, study or some period especially from June 2010 to present what I am doing? I think it's normal and soon AIP will come, as they are processing on our files.......best of luck

santacruzan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 20
Doc's Request.
dec 7' 2010
AOR Received.
July 05, 2011
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
August 3 2011
finally got my divorce soo happy ..

santacruzan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 20
Doc's Request.
dec 7' 2010
AOR Received.
July 05, 2011
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
August 3 2011
Black-Berry said:
love_young,
The letter states "This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
In order to continue processing your application in canada, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following information to the cae processing centre;
[X] We require an update of the information you provided on your original application fornm regarding your work and address history, Post-secondary education, and organizations.

[X] you are required to account for your work history and print all employment for each month in the last ten years. Provide the name of the company where you worked, the city/country and your occupation there. if you were not working, please state "unemployed" and provide address.
if you were attending school, Please state "student" and provide adress.

Your application cannot proceed f there is any period of time that you did not state where you worked, were unemployed, attended school, or were retired"

Specific dates that we want are from january, 2010 to present.

Well, at least they have looked at mines?. i think its a good sign then....
did anyone else get such a letter?. if so what happened and how long did it take after you sent this information?

same letter i got before

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I haven't receive any request for update on my information and I applied in May/2010, hoping that they didn't lose or even forget my application on the corner of the room.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Hi everyone, so glad to see some posts in here again. I didn't know what to do without talking to you all. The wait is definitely more difficult alone. And by the looks of things, I will be expecting to receive a letter to update my history come next month since most people are receiving them at the 7 month mark so that should be soon.

TeresaLynn said:
Hi everyone,

I sent my application June 15 2010. Last week we received a letter requesting us to update information. They wanted to know what my common-law partner has been doing since June 2010, which is when we applied with regards to work, hobbies. Has anyone else received this letter? When I called CIC they told me this is standard and means they are about to work on our file....fingers crossed.
This is a fairly standard request. Vegreville justs wants to be sure they have the most up to date information on your partner. And many people especially recently have gotten this letter. Try to send it back as soon as you can. Good news is, they are working on your application and hopefully it will be done soon. Good luck and hope to see you get AIP soon. If you could tell me when Vegreville received your application and when it started processing, I will add you to our chart. :)

Kris13 said:
hi

This week I hope to hear back from the two interviews i had last week and also My wife goes into Hospital friday for a C-section ( unless it happens b4 then lol)

Fingers crossed
Aww Kris, I will be routing for you to get a job soon. And I will be praying for a smooth and safe delivery of you baby. CONGRATULATIONS!

boasorte said:
I haven't receive any request for update on my information and I applied in May/2010, hoping that they didn't lose or even forget my application on the corner of the room.
boasorte, don't let it worry you dear. I am very confident that it is not lost and that yours is very close to finishing up soon. You shall be getting AIP very soon. Remember it is normal to receive the letter and not to receive it. There is no right or wrong way. Keep your spirits and chin up. Every day is a day closer to getting AIP and a new beginning on your lives together.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
How do you know if your application is progress...We have tried logging on to "check the status of your application" thing on CIC, but we are having trouble logging in. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks Love_young for your help.

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
You can always call CIC call center and talk to an agent.