INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

zubee

Sep 5, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YodaBob said:
Hey Van Bound
Wow that's so cool we pretty much submitted our application at the same time. I also received a letter asking for more prove that we have been living together for a year before we sent out the application, which I thought was very strange, since we already sent them everything that we have, so I decided to call the immigration helpline thingy. The agent said that the note he had on his computer was different from my letter. In the note they said they wanted more recent prove that we are still living together and are a real couple, so we sent out more recent bills and stuff, and also since we are currently planning a wedding for Aug this year, we have a lot of prove that we are a real couple so.... I guess we will see. I sent back the information on monday the 17th, and I haven't hear anything yet... so keep me updated when you hear something.

Hello zubee, I am also from Hong Kong, and I am currently on a open work visa since I went to university here. My visa expire May 12th this year, so I am not sure of what I am going to do either, I was hopping that they will extend my work visa, but I guess I have to wait for my application to be approved first. So I am not sure what to do either. Have you call the immigration yet??

Thank you
HI YodaBob,

nice to meet u and happy to know u r from HK too.... it's way better u still studying here and apply for PR. my case seems a bit more complicated than yours. I didn't call the immigration yet cause they didn't show me what the reason why they refused me and base to the policy, seems they can't tell me my case status via the phone. i'm kind of confused and afraid someday the CBSA staffs with come up to our home and take me to the airport.......so helpness.....

zubee

Sep 5, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelKel said:
In your visitor extension did you include proof you had filed your PR application such as the reciept of payment, copy of courier slip?
i didn't provide those proof because i just apply my extension ONLINE and i can't see any way i can't provide it in their system. and from the confirmation reply of CIC said they will contact me if they need more information. But end up without any notice they just refused me.

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
I'm pretty sure they refused you because you hadn't indicated you've applied for PR. The whole point of an inland application is that the applicant is living in Canada. Send the restoration application include the PR receipt and copy of courier slip. Letter of support from your spouse, bank statements, employer letter from spouses employer (if applicable). Give them everything you can. In the space where it asks why you're requesting to stay in Canada, did you put that you like to remain with your spouse because you've file a PR application received on xxxxxxxx?

Hopefully now that they have proof they will restore the status. Good Luck with everything!

zubee

Sep 5, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kelKel said:
I'm pretty sure they refused you because you hadn't indicated you've applied for PR. The whole point of an inland application is that the applicant is living in Canada. Send the restoration application include the PR receipt and copy of courier slip. Letter of support from your spouse, bank statements, employer letter from spouses employer (if applicable). Give them everything you can. In the space where it asks why you're requesting to stay in Canada, did you put that you like to remain with your spouse because you've file a PR application received on xxxxxxxx?

Hopefully now that they have proof they will restore the status. Good Luck with everything!
Thanks for your advice kelKel, I do agree with u, since I've applied the extension online they are not willing to let me put extra data and document via online application by the system, even thought I've mentioned I'm file my inland application. I'll definitely file my restoration by mail with those supporting documents this time.

But I'm want to ask you about "letter of support from your spouse", what should it be included?

Thanks!

Anita

Devin

Dec 6, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all, it has been a long time since my last msg, I have been quite busy. I actually managed to find a job. Woohoo, not to mention a really great job, and it only took me just over two weeks. So for all you out there that are going to be recieving your OWP soon, dont fret just be persistant and remember that the more interviews you go for the better you get at them. My first interview was terrible lol, I just went blank. after not working for 16 months ones noggin becomes rather slow haha.

I hope you are all doing well, and love_young I hope your husband is doing well too.

:D

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
zubee said:
Thanks for your advice kelKel, I do agree with u, since I've applied the extension online they are not willing to let me put extra data and document via online application by the system, even thought I've mentioned I'm file my inland application. I'll definitely file my restoration by mail with those supporting documents this time.

But I'm want to ask you about "letter of support from your spouse", what should it be included?

Thanks!

Anita

I'm sponsoring my bf so I basically wrote a letter saying that while he was staying in Canada I would be responsible for his living expenses, housing. I stated a had a stable job at xxxx for xxxx long and signed it. Along with that we both included our current bank statements stamped from the bank :)

rhysmdavies84

Feb 1, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
AOR Received.
25-06-2010
Med's Done....
02-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
OWP 13-01-2011
So my partner and I both received letters from CIC. No I have to wait for background/Security checks. Don't know what the Vegreville wait is like?

Any ideas?

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Black-Berry said:
Amandahsu you are in Nanaimo ?!??? I am in Nanaimo as well funny meeting someone else from such a small place!!
:) hi black-berry......sorry for reply you late...

It's really funny to meet someone here and then knowing that we're in the same town, I'm quite happy about it. I've been living here 1.5 yrs, still trying hardly to get used to it, I hope I can do well ;D ;D

May I ask you what you usually do here to kill time ? I have a little problems about that bcos most time I have no idea what I can do here ::)

---BTW---

CIC updated they're working on the application received on Apr 13 2010 now....

Good luck to all of us.......

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Hey guys -- Just a quick up date:

We went to go get my husbands health card on Monday. They gave him a form and told him he will recieve a card in April after the 3 month waiting period. My husband was dissapointed because he had a temparay health card when he entered Canada and so we were told it would most likley be renewed. We later found out that if you have a temparary healthcard and renew it within 90 days than yes it could be renewed...but it has been over a year. So we wait 90 like everyone else who is applying for a first health card. The only reason we wanted a health card earlier is because my husband was excited to try sledding with my son but is afraid he will hurt himself nd need medical care LOL :p

We re still waiting on the OWP

What happens to immigrants that are granted OWP ...are waiting for a health card...and hurt themselves on the job i wonder??

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
I assume your employer pays some employee insurance ::)

YodaBob

Jan 18, 2011
Red Deer
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 April 2010
Doc's Request.
06 January 2011
I have a few questions in regards to open work visa and sponsorship application, and I am hopping maybe someone here can answer some of these questions.
My sponsorship / PR application was received on April 1st and they have started processing the application on June 16th. I am currently on an open work visa because I went to university in Canada, however, it is going to expire on May 12th 2011. The immigration had sent me a letter asking for more proof of our common law status, so I sent them back more information, and also a work permit application (the agent on the phone told me I could do that).
Does anyone know:
1) What happens if my work visa expires before they have issue me a new one?
2) Should I apply for a visitor visa so I can stay in Canada while my application is being process?
3) How long does it take before they let you know they have received your extra document?
4) What is the next step after receiving a letter asking for proof?
Thank you!

bobdit

Nov 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2010
LANDED..........
21-01-2011
Hello everyone, we went to the landing interview in Etobicoke today. The gentleman only asked to confirm name/address. Handed in the expired SIN and got a new permanent SIN right there :). Our immigration journey has indeed reached the end YAY.

Timeline is in my signature. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting, your day will come very soon :).

I'm opening some cold beers tonight :).. cheers..

deer30

Dec 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys!

So we received the work permit in the mail a few days ago. We were SO excited because we've been waiting to move to Toronto from Vancouver & my parents' basement:(

So I booked the tickets for Wed Jan26th........ BUT today I got a call from Immigration for a landing intervew Feb9th!!!!

I told him we would like to transfer our file to the Toronto office!!! Did I just make a HUGE mistake????!!!
Will our file be put to the bottom now???!!
How long does the Toronto office take for interviews????

I hope I didn't screw things up.......

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
deer30 said:
Hi guys!

So we received the work permit in the mail a few days ago. We were SO excited because we've been waiting to move to Toronto from Vancouver & my parents' basement:(

So I booked the tickets for Wed Jan26th........ BUT today I got a call from Immigration for a landing intervew Feb9th!!!!

I told him we would like to transfer our file to the Toronto office!!! Did I just make a HUGE mistake????!!!
Will our file be put to the bottom now???!!
How long does the Toronto office take for interviews????

I hope I didn't screw things up.......
It depends on where in Toronto. Some local offices have long times. You could have tried to change your flight date to accommodate landing or even try to go back just to land instead of waiting for a land appointment in Toronto. Not sure if your file will be placed at the bottom but if it were me... I would try to land at the earliest date they gave me. .

tifanjo

Nov 21, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2010
Med's Done....
16-11-2010
YodaBob said:
Does anyone know:
1) What happens if my work visa expires before they have issue me a new one?
2) Should I apply for a visitor visa so I can stay in Canada while my application is being process?
3) How long does it take before they let you know they have received your extra document?
4) What is the next step after receiving a letter asking for proof?
Thank you!
YodaBob, this is my understanding but I'm new here, so maybe someone else can confirm...

1) I believe you're on implied status if your PR application is in process, so that means you can continue working until you get a new OWP (with AIP if you apply for it).
2) My guess would be not to apply for a visitor's visa, because then if you received a visitor's visa you would lose your right to work. Staying on implied status is probably the best option.
3) I'm not sure that they let you know - make sure you can track the package so you can confirm it arrived, and they should let you know what the next step is. It's all very mysterious ... they just let you wonder in the meantime. :)

Again, this is what I understand from my experience and reading others' experiences on this board, if anyone has better info let me know!