File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Welcome back KiwiKris ! hope you had fun ?

BB , what happened to you ? I took a break also.

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
:D Woooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Faith and love did prevail!!!!

AIP : Jan 11 2011

We went to our local office this morning armed with everything from movie stups, hotel reciepts from trips, hundreds of pictures, our family scrap book, stacks of birthday, and holiday cards and a 2 inch think print out of our facebook acoounts dating back 3 years.

We took a number and sat waiting patiently...we were 30 minutes early. We sat joking around with each other in the waiting room and holding hands. We decided last night that we were ready for anything.

We were asked to go into a small room where the officer sat across from us. He explained what was ging on and sad that most people who are called in assume it is because of some major screw up with their file or something has gone terribly wrong. He said that is not the case. He could not see anything that would cause them for alarm and therefor had no specific topic they wished to focus on.

the gentlman asked my husband to step out for a few minutes, He explained to me what my responsibilities were as a sponsor and asked me if i understood. I told him I take my responsibility as a sponsor very seriously and am very comfortable with the decision I have made.

He asked me some questions, My name, my husbands name, our birthdates, our childrens names, how long we have lived together, how we met, do we have pets, how much our living expenses are and who does the grocery shopping. I traded places with my husband and waitied for him in the waiting room.

Our officer was great! He was so very easy to talk to, in fact I enjoyed telling him amusing storys abouthow we went to the CN tower and he spent the whole time worrying about how he was going to get down, and how we took my son to Ontario place and African Lion Safari and how much fun we had. At one point I thanked him for being so easy to talk to and told him he can ask me to stop talking any time LOL :p

The end of the meeting ended in the 3 of us together again in the small room where he said he saw nothing that caused him any concern, he would finish processing our AIP today, they would send a email to Jamaica to do what is needed to get my step son here with us and we can go ahead and apply for a work permit. Yayyyy!

The only thing that is needed now to land is the paperwork for our son in jamaica to be finalised.

We are so very happy!!!! :D We were deeply touched today as our family from all around the world, called or emailed to show their support and congratulations.

Going to bed early tonight as we 3 are all full from our celebretory dinner and none of us slept much last nigh in anticipation.

Best of luck to all of you who are waiting and a special thank you to all our forum family for helping us through this rough patch in our journey. XXXXXXXXXX :-*

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Omg janadian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..
I HAVE BEEN FRIGGIN ROUTING FOR YOU ALL DAY TODAY!!!.
Today i have been on my knees in prayer praying for you janadian and this lady on my facebook whose 2 little daughters were bboth in ICU. her dauighters are 3 and 5!!. it boke my heart and as i was saying a prayer for them i said a prayer for you too!!....
What a positive exciting outcome!!, this is the best news i have heard alll day!. i have been obsessed with checking for an update from you all day!!!. this is such great news!.
now CHANGE YOUR SIGGY!!!!!!.
You deserve all the happiness thats coming and all the PR . This is a great year!.
woooo hooo, I have some rum over here janadian brung you and your husban and lets drink up and celebrate!!!!!... Its celebration time!!!..

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
eyeoftheocean said:

BB , what happened to you ? I took a break also.
hey eye!!,,
i took a break, vacation, time-off, was lurking but not actively posting. I also have been concentrating on lookng for work (which i found)!. and trying to get my life back together!..

no updates on my end!. everything is dead!. i called my VO today and shes on vacay :(. so i called CIC ya kno the 1200 number and after beeing put on a 15 minute Hold!>>>>>>/.. spoke to this dudee who after i asked what was happening with my pplication, informed me that it will take another 8 months . (yeah like i believed him!). so it wasnt a help and i wasted 15 minutes of my day :|

As for my job am excited but i got another job offer working with kids and because CIC lost my medicals the first time,, I was informed that i have to re-apply for a new work permit, pay another can 150.00 or whatever . i dont think its worth it!!...

Anyone from dec, january got PR yet? Its been really quiet here and C O N G R A T S again janadian!!. heres more good news to follow!!!...Hope january is an exciting month for all!!..

Vincywife

Oct 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
Med's Request
08-15-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2009
LANDED..........
09-29-2011
JANADIAN - I am so happy for you. Congradulations.

BLACKBERRY - I'm from Dec 14th and no PR yet :( It's been only 4 months since AIP my hubby might be getting a good job soon So I guess we just have to wait. I received his FOSS notes last week. Only thing outstanding is the RCMP checks everyhing else has passed.....So tick tick tick I guess.

Goodnight all!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
YAYYYYY!!!! I am so thrilled for you Janadian. I knew everything would end up wonderfully for you and it did.
I was waiting all day to hear from you before I went to sleep. When I didn't see your posts, I said to hubby it must have been good and they are just out celebrating. Little did I know that was what you were actually doing. I would have congratulated you sooner but I stayed with hubby all night at his work and was on my mobile phone when I saw your update. I wanted to wait to get home so that typing a message to you was easier. I knew I would write quite a bit. Ahh....I am just so so so happy for you two. I really am. Please keep us up to date about when you land, when he gets a job, etc. I love hearing good news. I hope that my day will come when I can share the same excitement and good news. And don't forget like Black-Berry said, update your signature thing. Show off that AIP. You deserved it. Hopefully we will hear from you more now. Once again CONGRATULATIONS. Me and hubby are so happy for you!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
dudebr said:
From what I have read your fiancé has been in Canada out of status for 1.5yrs, so it makes him ineligible to apply for restoration of status since it's been more than 90 days since his visa expired(dont know the exact dates only taking in consideration what you wrote).
However under the new regulation legal status is no longer mandatory for those applying inside Canada that being said your fiancé may still apply for Sponsorship.
Once/If your fiancé is approved in principal then he/she can apply for a work/study permit, and then have legal status again.
Yes it is past the 90 days to apply for a restoration but AIP does not put an illegal person back into status. You can only get the work permit if you are in status so they need to include the restoration in there so that when they give them AIP then will restore their legal status (even though it is past the 90 days that doesn't apply to this situation) and then they have legal status again. Thus allowing them to be issued a work permit.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
canamconnect said:
Thanks so much!! I was wondering about that. We were already planning on sending in his OWP with the application :)
You still need to include the Restoration application with the OWP application and PR app. You need to know that being approved for AIP does not give you back legal status. It only gives those in legal status the ability to change their conditions to a work or study permit. In order to be able to get the legal status back and be issued the work permit, you need to include the restoration application in there. If you don't you could end up in a very worse situation. Trust me, I have seen it happen. Just remember to write on top of both the OWP and Restoration app not to process until approval in principle.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Okay everyone, I was a bit slow on the updates but here is what I have gotten so far. I was in a bit of a hurry this morning so if I missed you let me know and I will correct it when I can. I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS to everyone that has received AIP so far. I am so proud and happy for you all. Can't wait for my turn to come or hopefully it does come anyway. Please update if you are going to land soon and let me know what office you land at. To everyone still in process like me, I hope you still find strength and we will get through this together. I believe our day is coming. We can hold strong together. Good luck to all of us.

P.S. Just to let everyone know. Out of our inland family and those that have updated me on their news we have so far had 25 people be approved for AIP. Woo, I don't know about you but that makes me very VERY happy! Just wanted to share that.

INLAND APPLICATIONS SENT IN 2010 CHART
(Currently taking 8-9 months from date app was received to hear by CIC about AIP)

Name App Received In Process Decision Made Approval In Principal LANDED
MexicaTica Dec 30 Mar 05 Approved Oct 12, 10 TBA
srcc Jan 07 Mar 15 Approved Oct 05, 10 TBA
sgnv Jan 08 Mar 13
mimi23 Jan 13 Mar 18 Approved Oct 25, 10 TBA
adzees Jan 14 Mar 23 Approved Oct 26, 10 TBA
silvapriscila Jan 15 May 22 Approved Oct 04, 10 TBA
Janadian Jan 18 Mar 25 Transferred Interview pass/AIP Jan 11, 11 TBA
kiwikris Jan 18 Mar 23 Approved Oct 25, 10 TBA
Black-Berry Jan 27 Mar 31 Transferred Interview pass/AIP Nov 29, 10 TBA
Venemex Jan 27 Apr 01
bood82 Feb 04 Apr 21 Approved Oct 26, 10 TBA
cdarroch Feb 05 Apr 20 Approved Nov 08, 10 TBA
bruce2010 Feb 05 Apr 20 Approved Nov 03, 10 TBA
Asta Feb 09 Apr 27 Approved Nov 05, 10 TBA
yulye Feb 15 May 03 Approved Nov 11, 10 TBA
sam0329 Feb 17 N/A Approved Nov 11, 10 TBA
alibaba Feb 23 May 10 Approved Nov 17, 10 Dec 16, 10 (Etobicoke)
Staceyw82 Feb 24 May 10
christopherwayne Mar 01 May 17
Nine3001 Mar 01 May 18 Approved Nov 18, 10 TBA
brightsage Mar 02 May 20
loquat Mar 04 May 20 Approved Dec 21, 10 TBA
nasha Mar 05 May 21 Approved Dec 23, 10 TBA
Devin Mar 10 N/A Approved Nov 11, 10 TBA
djredeyes Mar 16 June 11 Approved Dec 22, 10 Dec 30, 10
bobdit Mar 25 June 09 Approved Dec 23, 10 TBA
lpeacok Mar 30 June 14 Approved Dec 28, 10 TBA
Van Bound Apr 01 N/A
perrinsa Apr 01 June 15 Approved Dec 23, 10 TBA
flower07 Apr 06 June 18
Kris13 Apr 07 June 22 Approved Jan 06, 11 TBA
oceans_end Apr 07 June 22 Approved Jan 07, 11 TBA
rhymdavies84 Apr 14 June 25
deer30 Apr 15 June 25
Jean26 Apr 16 June 29
YMCA Apr 30 July 13
dudebr May ?? N/A
konstantinos May 03 July 15
jesse_love May 07 N/A
santacruzan May 10 July 29
suenim May 13 July 22
Jackie Mac May 19 N/A
boasorte May 21 Aug 04
chandu007 June 01 Aug 17
Mark_Anna June 16 N/A
lilly_inland June 23 N/A
lessen June 24 N/A
ditta June 26 Sept 09
Tuggie July 06 Sept 18
Love_Young July 16 Sept 22
tita Aug 01 N/A
GermanGirl Aug 03 N/A
mm04 Sept 08 N/A
teriskier Sept 13 Nov 14
Jurjen Sept 25 Nov 30
pptk703 Oct 29 N/A
coldgirl Oct 30 N/A
AmandaHsu Nov 03 N/A
Franpich Nov 23 N/A
tifanjo Nov 26 N/A
abisehiyo Dec 06 N/A

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
eyeoftheocean said:
It has been fun being engaged, it is so exciting! Well for us anyway lol. How have you been Eye?

CONGRATULATIONS JANADIAN!!!!!! Awesome, wicked, fantastic news!!! SO very happy for you!!! Being able to get your OWP and find a job makes a big difference that is for sure. :)

Thanks for updating the chart Love_Young and for the congrats. I know you will be joing the AIP ranks very soon! Lets hope the processing times speed up a bit with a new year and some renewed energy!

Not too many with PR yet but I have my fingers crossed for everyone and hope it happens sooner rather than later!

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
No change on E-cas for me today.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Congratulations Janadian! Happy for both of you! Well deserved!

Even more congratulations for you Kris on your engagement! :) That`s going to be an exciting period for you. Do you have any wedding plans or date lined up?

I`m such like Love_Young, waiting, lurking here and keeping the positive attitude.

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Congrats Kris on your engagement! What a great way to start the year off with a bang :D
Wishing you both a bright and happy future together.