Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
My update is that I ordered my FOSS notes on December 21, 2010 and I got them in the mail today. And well hubby also got me a gift too as a surprise lol. I won't retype out all the notes that I thought were interesting but I did post them in another thread so you can read them there. By the way if you can help answer some of the questions on them I have then that would be amazing. Seems like everything should be right on course now. Funny though because hubby forgot I ordered them and he picked up the mail this morning. He was nervous to see a package from them thinking they returned our application. Aww he never worries but I reassured him that no they were already processing it so they can't return it now. I feel like I am forgetting to tell you guys something else but if I remember I will post later. :)

For now here is the link to some of my FOSS notes if you would like to read them. I tried omitting everything personal I could think of.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/foss-decifering-t58798.0.html;msg557078#msg557078

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
canamconnect said:
OK...confused now. Fiance has been here 1.5 yrs out of status but from what I read in government literature you can only apply for restoral of status if you are within 90 days of it expiring. So do we still send in the form and fee anyways? Also with so many forms and different fees do we get seperate money orders for each fee and write on each one what it is for?

UGH haven't even started process yet and my head is swimming!
If your fiance is wanting to work as soon as they get AIP then yes you will net to apply for restoration of status and a open work permit. Reason being you have to do this is because in most cases where people are still in legal status when they get their open work permit when they receive it, it helps them remain in status for longer and with the ability to work. Now since your fiance is already out of status the open work permit would not be beneficial unless they restore their status. AIP does not give you new legal status but applying for the restoration will allow them to reinstate their status and continue to process the work permit that way when they get AIP they will be back into status and with a work permit. Be sure to write on the top of both the open work permit and restoration of status not to process until approval in principle. Otherwise they may just process it on a regular basis and refuse it which would only complicate the situation. Be sure to include the restoration of status and open work permit WITH the PR application so it is received together. And yes I would pay with separate receipts. One for restoration ($200), one for open work permit ($150) and one for PR fee (either just the first fee of $550 or the whole fee of $1040). There is no need to write on each receipt what it is for. Just attach the receipt to the form it belongs to and they will know.

I am not sure how much help I am but I hope this relaxes your mind a bit more. Remember try not to take in too much info in one night or it will cause you to go a bit crazy. Lol. Been there and done that.

canamconnect

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canamconnect said:
Hey all!!

Just got my app all printed off and one question for any one that was applying as an American to come here...for the FBI clearance we printed off the page for fingerprints from the FBI. Is this ok to be on paper or do we need a fingerprint card (i.e. thicker).

Thanks for the help!!
Thanks for the help Love!! Do you know the answer to this question quoted above?
Congrats on getting your FOSS...that seems to be a process all on its own :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Thank you for the congrats canamconnect. I am happy I got them but at the same time it made me nervous.
And you're welcome. :)

As for the FBI clearance I have heard several people use regular paper and get through alright. Others like me have printed it on a paper called "card stock" and used that because it is thicker and doesn't bend easily. Also some fingerprinting services provide the cards at their office so call around. You will want to submit at least 2 fingerprint pages but I would say 3 to be on the safe side. You don't want to take a risk with them being rejected for low quality after waiting 3 months like me and some others. Also, you should expect to get the results back in about 12 weeks. They have gotten slower processing over the year.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Oh and I remember what I forgot to say. I remember how some said that when they requested for FOSS notes that they were not given all of them but I was. Maybe this happens after a transfer or AIP? Anyway just though you all should know that.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
canamconnect said:
Awesome! Thanks! How come you are nervous after getting the FOSS?
I think I was just afraid they would write something bad about me or something. But there wasn't. Immigration in general makes me nervous because I don't want anything to go wrong and I know it is up to them for our future so yeah I get nervous. Lol.

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Hello everyone! Welcome to the newbies as well. ;D

Been a while since I have been on here, I have been reading the posts but I have been under the weather since Christmas.

I called CIC to see if there was any update but they are still doing background checks *sigh* so the waiting game continues! If it takes the full 9 months for this second stage it will be July this year by the time I get PR (I hope not!). :eek:

On a happier note we got engaged on Christmas eve! So now we are planning the wedding which will be in New Zealand, it will be great to be able to go home and catch up with everyone. Still a bit nervous planning a date without having PR but it will be in 2012 so I should have it by then.....

Good luck Janadian, even though I know you don't need it for your interview, hopefully you come away with PR today! :)

perrinsa

Oct 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
27-06-2011
Good luck with the interview today, Janadian!

I did my first paying job last night. Part time work, twice a week. Feels good to be earning some money again... woohoo!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Congrats on your job perrinsa and congrats kiwikris, I saw about your engagement I believe on FB. Very happy for you all.

And Janadian, I am thinking of you and your hubby today. Will be here waiting for your news though I am sadly sure with my messed up sleeping pattern that I will be asleep when you come to tell us. I am sure the news is going to be good. But just in case you need the extra boost, GOOD LUCK to you from me and hubby. :-*

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Here' waiting for a janadian update as well fingers crossed! Keep us posted ! Will keep checking!

Van Bound

Jan 6, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
Med's Done....
01-03-2010
Hey Everyone!

Congrats to everyone who has had updates/permits and good luck Janadian on your interview- I look forward to hearing how it went.

My updates are quite positive: I received a leter from Vegreville asking for information about my relationship with my sponsor, which we had already sent with the original app. I called Vegreville, and they clarified that they wanted further info, not just that they had lost what I had sent them or anything. My girlfriend and I were able to find more documentation proving our relationship and cohabitation which we have sent by registered mail, and as we have already been processed, they estimate that in a week or so we should have some news.

In addition, I also heard back from a job I had applied for just before Xmas (thinking my PR would have been here by now) and once I explained the situation, they have told me that they are prepared to hold the job opening for me for the whole of Jan guaranteed until I hear something from Vegrevile. Obviously this is a huge load off my mind, as I know that as soon as I get the good news I can start straight into a job and earning an income.

Hopefully my recent good luck will rub off on all of you too!

dudebr

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canamconnect said:
OK...confused now. Fiance has been here 1.5 yrs out of status but from what I read in government literature you can only apply for restoral of status if you are within 90 days of it expiring. So do we still send in the form and fee anyways? Also with so many forms and different fees do we get seperate money orders for each fee and write on each one what it is for?

UGH haven't even started process yet and my head is swimming!
From what I have read your fiancé has been in Canada out of status for 1.5yrs, so it makes him ineligible to apply for restoration of status since it's been more than 90 days since his visa expired(dont know the exact dates only taking in consideration what you wrote).
However under the new regulation legal status is no longer mandatory for those applying inside Canada that being said your fiancé may still apply for Sponsorship.
Once/If your fiancé is approved in principal then he/she can apply for a work/study permit, and then have legal status again.

canamconnect

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dudebr said:
From what I have read your fiancé has been in Canada out of status for 1.5yrs, so it makes him ineligible to apply for restoration of status since it's been more than 90 days since his visa expired(dont know the exact dates only taking in consideration what you wrote).
However under the new regulation legal status is no longer mandatory for those applying inside Canada that being said your fiancé may still apply for Sponsorship.
Once/If your fiancé is approved in principal then he/she can apply for a work/study permit, and then have legal status again.
Thanks so much!! I was wondering about that. We were already planning on sending in his OWP with the application :)