05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
IncognitO10 said:
Hey I am kinda new here, I have a question. I am sponsoring my wife. She applied for PR here in Canada so i guess its considered as an inbound application.Lots of people are telling me that she has to leave the country as soon as we get sponsorship approval is that true. She always been under legal status here in Canada ( been extending visitor visa) so whats the deal?
thats not true. i wonder why those people telling u that.

first make sure if its inland or outland u applied. cause sometimes people apply outland even if they are in Canada. which forms u filled in - inland or outland?

if its inland - ur wife has to stay in Canada until she lands/gets her permanent residence. she has to have a legal status in the country. visitor's visa/extension/ or if she applied for open work permit/ student/work visa.

if she applied outland - she still can stay in Canada as long as she has legal status - visitor visa/extension/ student/work visa etc.

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
Black-Berry said:
For anyone who has received FOSS notes did the send it by xpresspost?... any thoughts??
I got mine 3 wks ago by regular mail. Plain brown lette-size envelope.
perhaps your FOSS has more notes, that may be the reason you got a parcel instead of an envelope. Good luck!

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Mine also came in a brown envelope , 3 weeks in a row as there was so much info.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
hey all,
Just updated the inlanders thread but thought i would update it here as well,

FOSS NOTES!!!
Yeah thats what it was.. my bleedy foss notes...SMH!..
Soooo my foss notes are so uninteresting!probably waaaayy too boring (In my eyes though)
i got a cover letter with them saying they have only included a portion of the information and they have excluded another portion for possible exemption. This bothers me..
The line actually reads..

"There has been information identified on the file which has been sent to the Access to information and privacy department in Ottawa for possible exemption.

If these documents are exempted the information will not released to you. "

It says my husdbands previous divorce documentation are effective and our marriage certificate is effective,
then after that it says my file was trnsfed to nan for more indepth assesment and possible interview

it also says that in oct my rcmp check and csis check were done
then it says on 16th nov my file was transferred from registry...

really that is all.
Nothing spectacular. Nothing that makes me say "oooohhhhh i seeee!"
Nothing about my marriage being ingenuine or even why my file was transferred.
Can someone help me?. Seems like my CSIS check and RCMP check have been done. because it was requested on my foss notes.
Also why would they withold information from me?.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Black Berry,
if I may ask you, How did you order your FOSS notes? I mean, did you do it by phone, fax? How long did it take? :)
Thx in advanced!

Tuggie

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6, 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Hi BB,

My foss notes said the same thing...about having withheld some information. A few weeks later, I received another letter that contained the information. Very boring and not anything that concerned me. I was concerned when I got the originial letter that said they were withholding info., but it turned out not to be an issue.

I left the info at home (again) regarding how to order foss notes, but I know there is a sticky somewhere on this forum about it.

Tuggie

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tuggie said:
Hi BB,

My foss notes said the same thing...about having withheld some information. A few weeks later, I received another letter that contained the information. Very boring and not anything that concerned me. I was concerned when I got the originial letter that said they were withholding info., but it turned out not to be an issue.

I left the info at home (again) regarding how to order foss notes, but I know there is a sticky somewhere on this forum about it.

Tuggie
I wonder why you asked for your FOSS notes so early, from what I see you sent your app. in July, right?

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they give information about you only anything concerning about other people they wont give it to you thus why they withheld them
Tuggie said:
Hi BB,

Tuggie

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
boasorte said:
Hi Black Berry,
if I may ask you, How did you order your FOSS notes? I mean, did you do it by phone, fax? How long did it take? :)
Thx in advanced!
hey boasorte,

I filled out the form that someone had posted the link to on CIC.website.
My husband (the sponsor) didnt even sign it!.
i just filled out the form and sent it as a letter via regular mail to vegreville, It took about a month today..

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Black-Berry said:
hey all,
Just updated the inlanders thread but thought i would update it here as well,

FOSS NOTES!!!
Yeah thats what it was.. my bleedy foss notes...SMH!..
Soooo my foss notes are so uninteresting!probably waaaayy too boring (In my eyes though)
i got a cover letter with them saying they have only included a portion of the information and they have excluded another portion for possible exemption. This bothers me..
The line actually reads..

"There has been information identified on the file which has been sent to the Access to information and privacy department in Ottawa for possible exemption.

If these documents are exempted the information will not released to you. "

It says my husdbands previous divorce documentation are effective and our marriage certificate is effective,
then after that it says my file was trnsfed to nan for more indepth assesment and possible interview

it also says that in oct my rcmp check and csis check were done
then it says on 16th nov my file was transferred from registry...

really that is all.
Nothing spectacular. Nothing that makes me say "oooohhhhh i seeee!"
Nothing about my marriage being ingenuine or even why my file was transferred.
Can someone help me?. Seems like my CSIS check and RCMP check have been done. because it was requested on my foss notes.
Also why would they withold information from me?.
Hey BB glad to see you got your FOSS notes. Our rep told us not to bother ordering ours. I don't know why but I guess we have to trust his judgment.
Perhaps he knows we would see the same thing...not much.
We sent in more letters from friends and family and lots of photo's from the past year.
Our rep says we may hear back in the next 6 weeks re: interview or otherwise.
Im saying my prayers daily for both our families.

Tuggie

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6, 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
I ordered the Foss notes early because I couldn't get any information out of CIC when I would call. They wouldn't even tell me if/when they had started processing my file.

The FOSS notes told me that they started processing my file in mid-September 2010, which from what I read on this forum, is right on time.

So, even though it was very early in my process to order FOSS notes, I wanted to see that my file had been received and was in process and I was not able to do that any other way (since when I called CIC they wouldn't give me that information and it is still not showing up on e-CAS).

Tuggie

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tuggie said:
I ordered the Foss notes early because I couldn't get any information out of CIC when I would call. They wouldn't even tell me if/when they had started processing my file.

The FOSS notes told me that they started processing my file in mid-September 2010, which from what I read on this forum, is right on time.

So, even though it was very early in my process to order FOSS notes, I wanted to see that my file had been received and was in process and I was not able to do that any other way (since when I called CIC they wouldn't give me that information and it is still not showing up on e-CAS).

Tuggie
Smart decision I'd say :)
Thank you for answering.

Tuggie

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 6, 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Thanks and you are welcome. :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I plan to order my FOSS notes in January so that will be about 6 months since they had it. I don't know if they will have anything on it but I am willing to give it a try. Also, I am still unable to sign into e-Cas and even though I know when they started processing our application (I called CIC) they still can't confirm why I can't login and won't tell me if anything is misspelled. I am going to order them just to make sure everything is in order and spelt right.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
This time of year is so difficult for me. Thanksgiving back home tomorrow and Christmas coming up. Some days I feel like I can wait eternity and others like today I can't help but cry every minute. I love Canada, my hubby, and his family but dang if I don't miss my mom and home so bad some days. Is it too much to ask for me to have both? Be able to visit home and be guaranteed that I can come back to live with my husband? I cannot wait for that day to come. A girl should not have to go almost 2 years without seeing her mom's face or having her hugs to help get her through the tough days. I want to break down but I can't on the phone with her because it will only crush her. Sometimes I hear her cry on the phone with me and it tears me apart. Am I selfish for loving someone from another country and choosing to live a life with them? Sometimes I feel that way. I just hate knowing that no matter what I do, I will have to deal with sadness. If I had to go home without hubby, I would be missing him and being here I constantly miss home. Ugh...I want to keep both but I guess life can't be that way. Sorry for bringing sadness in but I had nowhere else to go. I just need some support to get me through...

Also, there is a song by a band that both me and hubby love (we said if we have a son we are naming it after the guitarist, we said that from the moment we met lol) and I usually post the video on Facebook for my friends to listen to but no one really understands. When I listen to it, it just explains the battle we are having to go through. Well in a sense. The song is actually about the singer missing his wife while they are thousands of miles away but I think that suits everyones situation here. Whether you are missing a mom, brother, aunt, or spouse it just explains it. I figured I would post it here and maybe realize I am not the only way to feel that way about this song.

These words are always the ones I think of when I miss my mom: "Dear God the only thing I ask of you is to hold her when I'm not around,when I'm much too far away." I pray that God holds her until I can get back home.

Here are the lyrics to the song: http://www.plyrics.com/lyrics/avengedsevenfold/deargod.html
Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzX0rhF8buo