20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
pptk703 said:
Hi everyone, just want to give you all an update. I landed in Scarborough office on December 8, 2011 and I finally received my PR card today: January 31, 2012. I can now travel with commercial carriers !
CONGRATS.......another good news ;D

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
I'm wondering how many 2010 "classmates" have not graduated yet ? ::)

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
I'm still waiting on my background to clear. I'm hanging in there :(

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
LuckyJinx said:
Hi everyone! I know most of you have moved on to get ur AIP and what not but question for ya!

My wife and I went for an interview today ( to prove if the the relationship is genuine). Anddd, we got approved for AIP
We were just wondering if anyone knows what happens next. She said she was going to mail the letter to us. We also had applied for a work permit at the same time. Will i receive the authorization to go get a work permit in that letter as well?

Do they contact us for a landing interview or is that something we do? we just kind of want to know "what happens next" as this process is extremely lengthy. Thanks so much in advance!

*And just some additional information for the interview. It was so nerve racking leading up to it, but once we met the immigration officer and saw she was low key, relaxed we settled right down. She asked us questions but barely looked at us cause they have to type everything in.
She didn't seem concerned if we had any answers that didn't match up(she interviewed us seperate), because she felt that we were most definitly a legit relationship.
Congratulations, I believe you will receive a letter with DM and OWP, then another letter with your time and date for PR... this could occur within a month, however, some gets it in 2 months. For your interview, some of the users might want to know what exactly asked you during your interview... if you mind sharing it... cheers.

LuckyJinx

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1st 2010
File Transfer...
Oct. 27 2011
Med's Done....
Jan. 17 2011/ Re-Done Oct. 10 2012
Interview........
Jan. 31 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Work permit issued Jan. 31 2012
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2013.....Finally!!!!!
I don't mind sharing at all, I think it would of been extremely useful to know some of this information before attending the interview.
Firstly, It isn't as intimidating as some people think it is ( we were one of those). The immigration officer doing our interview was very pleasant/kind but she was down to the point and definitly did her job.

What initially happens is, she will call both the sponsor and applicant in the room together.She will verify your names , birthdates. She will ask you for the documents she would of requested in the letter she sent out with your interview times ie. bank statements/tax returns/pictures/emails etc etc....
She will briefly go through those asking a few questions here and there about them if she chooses.
Then she tells one of you to leave the room while she interviews the other. ( usually the person who is interviewed first is the applicant because they need to verify some things that were redflags/faulty ). That took about 1.5hrs. Then, she will interview the sponsor, which took about 30 mins (in our case anyway).

So that's how it kinda happens..... As for the questions :

- What is some type of landmark that is located near were you live? (ex. a mural on a wall, a big fountain, a shopping center)
- What are some of your spouses hobbies?
- What did you do together this weekend?
- What did you have for dinner last night?
- Do you know some history on your spouse?( why did they come to Canada , how did they come to canada , if they are inland)
- Where did your spouse go to school?
- How did you first meet? (this was important... it seems simple but apparently is a big question for em)
- Who takes care of the finances in the home?
- Who cooks?
- How much is each of your bills roughly... example: Hydro /telus/shaw/rent/insurance ....
Ohh, another thing is know all your timelines!!!! Very important. Whether its travelling back and forth, certain events that both affected you....they will ask the question and sometimes re ask in a different way to see if you slip up or something....

Those are a few questions that stick out in my mind. It was very laid back and is just easy if you are a legitimate couple. Mind you we did not answer them all the same or correct some times. But they overall have to have a feeling that you are an actual couple.

At the very end , when she finished my interview, she said that "I will mail a letter to you with a decision being made and that she will approve our application"
We were sooooooooo happy.
I know this is long, but I feel like If i had someone write this out in detail before my interview i would of been calm and prepared.
I hope this helps someone in the future!

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Thank you for sharing your story luckyjinx! :) Congrats again!

LuckyJinx

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1st 2010
File Transfer...
Oct. 27 2011
Med's Done....
Jan. 17 2011/ Re-Done Oct. 10 2012
Interview........
Jan. 31 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Work permit issued Jan. 31 2012
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2013.....Finally!!!!!
Absolutley!!!! No problem.... if anyone has additional questions feel free to PM me as i know this is a stressful situation to be in.

akinmike

Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please let's have the details about your application
When was your application sent........
when application received.........
When processing started......

Then we can review or advise on the status of your application.

Thank,
AKD

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
HI everyone. I just received a letter to inform me to go to interview on Feb 6th. but i did not receive any complete letters. and there was no change on my ecas as well . but i called them that they said my application already has been completed. she said just bring the letter to go for the interview?
so anybody know whats going on here?? BTW, i send my application on September, 2010. and got AIP on JULY, 2011...

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
july 29 2012/medical results august 21,2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
guys i had a lil update my phone message changed to we recieve your application on august 26 2010 we are currently assessing your application you should get a response by jan31,2012

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
I too had an update today...my e-cas says that the additional documents have been added to my file. And when I call the 800 number it says I should expect a response by January 30th 2012...but my e-cas still does not show that a letter has been sent. I received AIP on July 6th, had sent my application in September 2010 and now we are just waiting...

I confirmed with the Call Centre agent that it was a police clearance that was attached which I was under the impression was the only outstanding piece from my file.

Does anyone know what this means...and when we can expect any further information???

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Teriskier said:
I too had an update today...my e-cas says that the additional documents have been added to my file. And when I call the 800 number it says I should expect a response by January 30th 2012...but my e-cas still does not show that a letter has been sent. I received AIP on July 6th, had sent my application in September 2010 and now we are just waiting...

I confirmed with the Call Centre agent that it was a police clearance that was attached which I was under the impression was the only outstanding piece from my file.

Does anyone know what this means...and when we can expect any further information???
Hello Terisker and shantese,.....i had the same change in phone to jan 27,2012 last week.in 2 days time your ecas should change with one additional line stating....... .we received the requested info on xxxxxxxxx.thank you for providing the information.in my case they added to file both my police check and passport copy......but i agent said every thing fine and they are waiting for visa office from home country because i have non-accompany dependent on the application..........hmmmmm am still waiting :mad:

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abc3896 said:
HI everyone. I just received a letter to inform me to go to interview on Feb 6th. but i did not receive any complete letters. and there was no change on my ecas as well . but i called them that they said my application already has been completed. she said just bring the letter to go for the interview?
so anybody know whats going on here?? BTW, i send my application on September, 2010. and got AIP on JULY, 2011...
abc3896....is letter coming from vegreville or local office....and whats does the letter states and is letter instructing to bring along spouse, pr photos and 490 Fees? let us know

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
tozo said:
Hello Terisker and shantese,.....i had the same change in phone to jan 27,2012 last week.in 2 days time your ecas should change with one additional line stating....... .we received the requested info on xxxxxxxxx.thank you for providing the information.in my case they added to file both my police check and passport copy......but i agent said every thing fine and they are waiting for visa office from home country because i have non-accompany dependent on the application..........hmmmmm am still waiting :mad:
I don't know what else I am waiting on...they should have everything on file for me. My e-cas has already updated saying We received the requested information on January 30, 2012. Thank you for providing the information. I am just waiting for the last line that "A letter has been sent to XXXX please consider delays in the mail, etc" because I shouldn't have anything else outstanding on my file.