Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
ppt, that sucks. I can't believe it has been almost 2 months since DM and you have not got your landing letter yet from Scarborough.

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
angtao said:
ppt, that sucks. I can't believe it has been almost 2 months since DM and you have not got your landing letter yet from Scarborough.
To all:

I'm in a situation, and I would like to ask anyone if they know how can I do this.

My dad called me yesterday. My Grandma is being sick for the pas 2 months or so and I was hopping to see her in Christmas time. She's getting worse and We are still waiting for the second stage approval, so had bought 2 tickets to go to Mexico already ( My husband and I). The tickects are for december the 19 but I'm afraid we are not getting AIP by that time.

If I go, can I return to Canada?

It's been 7 months after we got AIP.

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
Hi guys,

So I checked my ecas last night and it says:

We received your application for permanent residence on November 4, 2010.

We started processing your application on December 16, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on October 21, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

But the thing is the additional information they asked for didnt get til the 26th( I checked on Canada Post), so can they make a decision that quick? Also can our application be denied without an interview?

Thanks so much for your help!

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
abisehiyo said:
Hey guys, I received the extension permit I applied last June 2011 in the mail today. Date signed Oct 24,2011.
It says in the
REMARKS:
Temporary Resident Status maintained as per R183.
Application for Permanent Resident Status has received initial approval.
Passport valid until XX-XX-XXXX. PAN-C*

Does this mean we got AIP already last Oct 24th? ECAS didn't change yet. Exactly 11 month on Monday, Nov 6th.
Excellent!! Congratulations! Maybe your ecas will update earlier next week. My wife's ecas remains the same. maybe we should call them soon.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
jeymi said:
Congrats abisehiyo. It means AIP. Hopefully I will hear good news too.
jeymi, you got chance to call them?

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
gigi1612 said:
To all:

I'm in a situation, and I would like to ask anyone if they know how can I do this.

My dad called me yesterday. My Grandma is being sick for the pas 2 months or so and I was hopping to see her in Christmas time. She's getting worse and We are still waiting for the second stage approval, so had bought 2 tickets to go to Mexico already ( My husband and I). The tickects are for december the 19 but I'm afraid we are not getting AIP by that time.

If I go, can I return to Canada?

It's been 7 months after we got AIP.
sorry to hear that. not sure what you should do. but that's the situation i am worried about too. my wife can't wait to visit her parents outside Canada but we're still waiting for AIP. guess we didn't realize how difficult the inland app would get. if we knew, we would submit an outland app instead. the long wait with uncertainty is really killing.

i hope someone else with experience could help you.

buima

Sep 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2012
Congrats you got ur AIP as for dates according to many posts in this thread ecas is not 100 % accurate, give cic a call they should be able to give u an update. Just a question what does the sponsor page say? coz by now u should both be able to logon ecas with ur respective names and IDs
coldgirl said:
Hi guys,

We received the requested information on October 21, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

But the thing is the additional information they asked for didnt get til the 26th( I checked on Canada Post), so can they make a decision that quick? Also can our application be denied without an interview?

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
coldgirl said:
Hi guys,

maybe you can call them tomorrow to find out?

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
buima said:
Congrats you got ur AIP as for dates according to many posts in this thread ecas is not 100 % accurate, give cic a call they should be able to give u an update. Just a question what does the sponsor page say? coz by now u should both be able to logon ecas with ur respective names and IDs
hi buima. i am sponsoring my wife. but when i log onto ecas with my own client id, i don't see anything about the sponsorship. so, where is this sponsor page? thanks for help.

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
buima said:
We lost the reciept number and I think he has to use the reciept number to log in. I guess Im gonna have to wait until tomorrow to find out. Hopefully its good news.

borrowdale

Sep 17, 2011
justina said:
You said in one of the three posts about this topic that you received 2 letters. What kind of letters?

Normally you will receive a letter with the landing date, which seems to usually be a couple of months in the future. Your spouse is usually required to attend and show identification. If the landing fee wasn't paid, you will bring that plus photos. Your letter will give you all the specifics. You will be asked some questions at the landing interview and will then get your Certificate of Permanent Residence.

However, if your medical is about to expire, it is possible that they could call and you would land within a day or two. That is what happened for us. Hubby got a call and landed two days later. I was required to be there. We never got a letter.

Hope that answers all your questions
hey there, thanks so much for the response, i appreciate that. infact the two letters i got was, one approving my spouse to sponsor me,her obligations and her new client id number. the other one was my approval for permanent residency and that the calgary office will notify me as to when to attend an interview for landing. now it states, i and family members, if any, would be required to present the original i.d and that the $490 should be paid at the calgary cic office.

now my medical results expire on the 5th of nov, they already did and i havent had any calls, or letter from cic calgary office. i guess i wil just have to wait and see. i noticed that the calgary cic office doesnt have a telephone line or fax or email, i would have asked them directly too.

borrowdale

Sep 17, 2011
californiajeninca said:
Hi borrowdale,
Thank you. I'm really happy that my interview letter came through. Did you receive a letter for an interview? As Justina asks, which letters did you get? If it doesn't say "An appointment concerning your p.r. in canada has been scheduled." Underneath should say: Date, time, where. If it doesn't say this then, you probably have your approval letters.

The last line on my letter says "All applicants in your family must attend this interview." I suppose this mean, since my husband applied to be my sponser and I am the one being sponsered, that must mean, both of us are required to attend the interview. So that means your spouse MUST attend. If your spouse is not available to attend your date, I would call or if someone is calling to sched. an interview I would explain to them. They aren't going to tell you, "OH you can't land now." I'm sure they will work with you to help make landing convenient for you. Your landing letter should state all the items you need to bring with you and how much to pay.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
hey there, thanks so much for the response, yes they r both approval letters, but mine states , "at the time of your appointment, you and your family memebers, if any, will be required to provide the original ids to the cic centre" . so thats what im wondering if my spouse actually really has to come with me or not. now the $490 would have to be in the form of a money order, certified cheque, visa, mastercard and be brought along with me to the cic center is states too and that the cic calgary office will contact me concerning my permanent resident status.

now cic calgary has no telephone, or email or fax, so i cant call them directly, i will have to wait for them to contact me. i dont really trust the cic call centre, those guys say a lot of wrong things i have found out. im sure u r right, i dont think it would be too big of a deal if my spouse cant make it, i will explain further to them and see. i will try anyway to have her here by then, but it all really depends when cic calgary calls me.

jeymi

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010
File Transfer...
15-11-2011
Interview........
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012
Babyhangon said:
jeymi, you got chance to call them?
Hi Babyhangon, I'll try to call next week and give you an update.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I will try to update the chart very soon. Sorry I haven't be able to sooner. Been very busy between getting things ready for my first day of work, cleaning the house, and helping my hubby pass out resumes. Before long the day has passed and you're tired again. I will do it soon though, promise. ;)

I am nervous for my first day of work tomorrow. Any tips for making the first day go smoothly? I'm afraid of my nerves getting the best of me. ::)