+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Twchu!
I was hoping you'd receive your letters today. No worries though! As long as you have your OWP and your ecas-decision made, you're good to go. I got my interview letter today: Dec. 15 @10am in Niagara Falls. I think I'm going to go buy a "landing outfit". I haven't got my 2 letters from CIC about my decision made. Is this normal? An interview letter before decision made letters? I swear Canada Post is kooky. Also in my interview letter it states that I have a right of permanent residence fee x 2, $970. Is this right? There is only one of me. Did anyone else have to pay $490x2? Help!

Charlamag

Aug 31, 2011
Update on crossing the border without a PR card.

My husband landed October 27th - it only took 10 minutes and was an extremely pleasant, friendly experience. It was wonderful!

On landing, the Immigration officer gave us the PR document and told us the card should arrive in about 10 days, however, we wanted to import some vehicles a part of our personal effects without any delay. She assured us that we could use our PR paperwork at the border without any problem as long as we were entering in our own personal vehicle.

We drove through the border twice this week, using only the PR paperwork since we do not have the PR card yet, and there was absolutely NO problems at all. Just handed in the documents with the passport - there was no question, no delay - nothing. It was fantastic!

If you try to pass over the border in anything other than your own personal vehicle, you will have problems - however, I just wanted to confirm that travel by your own vehicle without your card, using only your PR paperwork, is accepted. I understand that in some instances people say it takes them weeks to get their card - I thought this might help clarify driving into the country in your own vehicle using just your PR documents.

Good luck to everyone waiting!

This experience was far more pleasant for my husband than mine was when immigrating in the USA and he made sure that his immigration officer knew how appreciative he was with her friendliness. Within one hour he landed, got his documents, passport stamped, had a SIN number and applied for and got pictures for his Ont Health Card. When we left the office, there was a couple waiting for their interview and they looked as happy as could be.

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Charlamag,

I'm so happy that your experience Landing was so good. May I ask where you landed? I am landing in Niagara Falls, I guess because we live only 15 mins. away. Do you have to wait any length of time to cross the border for a day trip or was it suggested to you that you wait 6 months before your hubby can leave Canada? I was told this and it sort of makes me sad because we live so close to NY and I love shopping there.
I land soon and I'm excited and nervous. I also wanted to extend a hearty apology about your immigrating experience in the US. Its too bad that America can't seem to extend the same kind of service I've seen when crossing into Canada. Not everyone who wants to come to these countries are criminals or fraudsters, but people such as ourselves who want to live in a place where we can grow and thrive and have a family.

Thanks for the info. Now I now what to expect. I wish you the best Charlamag and I can wait to have my pr too.

Charlamag

Aug 31, 2011
Hi California!
My husband is American and no, there is no waiting time.
He landed in Barrie, Ontario and the next day we drove into the USA. He showed his US passport upon entering the country, we stayed a few days and then upon entering Canada, he handed over his PR document along with his passport. Absolutely no issue.
As long as the car you are driving is your own (cannot be a bus, taxi, plane etc), you can use the PR document. We crossed at Niagara as well with no problems. The Immigration officer made it clear to us that we could do this.
As long as it is your personal vehicle - that is the key.
There is a lot of confusion around travel without a PR card but if you read their own website, it clearly says that you cannot travel without a PR card IF you travel commercial ie; bus, plane, cab, boat...this does not include crossing the border in your own car.
Proof - we just did it twice.
Be aware of the purchase amounts by length of stay when you shop - I think it's still $400. each after 3 days and so on - less if you stay a shorter amount of time.
There are some things our immigration system could use - one of those being an immediate ID number so that people at the very least, know that they are somewhere in the system. That would reduce some of the stress I think.
A big plus was no armed guards or scanners to go through this time - when my husband was so surprised at how welcoming his officer was and told her how good it made him feel - she said 'you should feel good - it's a time to be happy for you!'. It was such a contrast to my experience that he was simply astounded! He's already counting down to citizenship - you're almost there....

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
CONGRATULATIONS Charlamag and tell your hubby "Welcome to Canada" :D
I'm not sure if you listed already but could you list your application status from e-Cas?

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cangaceiro said:
:) :( ::) :'( ??? Getting crazy!
Cangaceiro I just LOOVE your nickname.. too funny ha ha
Which part of Brazil are you from?

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
californiajeninca said:
Hi Twchu!
I was hoping you'd receive your letters today. No worries though! As long as you have your OWP and your ecas-decision made, you're good to go. I got my interview letter today: Dec. 15 @ 10am in Niagara Falls. I think I'm going to go buy a "landing outfit". I haven't got my 2 letters from CIC about my decision made. Is this normal? An interview letter before decision made letters? I swear Canada Post is kooky. Also in my interview letter it states that I have a right of permanent residence fee x 2, $970. Is this right? There is only one of me. Did anyone else have to pay $490x2? Help!
congrats !!! Californiajeninca, well as far as i know Right of permanent residence fee is $490.00 for the applicant.maybe its a mistake so they have to collect it or call them and be sure of whats in the letter.enjoy your weekend

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
boasorte said:
Cangaceiro I just LOOVE your nickname.. too funny ha ha
Which part of Brazil are you from?
I'm from Recife-Pernambuco! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6pS1N3INg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
And you?

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
tozo said:
congrats !!! Californiajeninca, well as far as i know Right of permanent residence fee is $490.00 for the applicant.maybe its a mistake so they have to collect it or call them and be sure of whats in the letter.enjoy your weekend
You are so lucky.. Tozo, you got approved 2 times!!! ;D

shantese

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
july 29 2012/medical results august 21,2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
08-06-2010 AIP
VISA ISSUED...
decision made april 15,2013
LANDED..........
May 6,2013
themount said:
No not heard any news at all, they updated online that they recieved additional info we sent in august but thats it,
Still on the Nov applicants.....

App received 29th Nov 2010
when in august did you send additional info i sent in august as well still not updated.

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
californiajeninca said:
Hi Twchu!
I was hoping you'd receive your letters today. No worries though! As long as you have your OWP and your ecas-decision made, you're good to go. I got my interview letter today: Dec. 15 @ 10am in Niagara Falls. I think I'm going to go buy a "landing outfit". I haven't got my 2 letters from CIC about my decision made. Is this normal? An interview letter before decision made letters? I swear Canada Post is kooky. Also in my interview letter it states that I have a right of permanent residence fee x 2, $970. Is this right? There is only one of me. Did anyone else have to pay $490x2? Help!
Hey californiajeninca,

Congrats on getting the landing/interview letter!!! Yay! ;D
Well, i just got all 3 letters (Sponsor approval, My PR approval and OWP) this morning. Yay!! :D
I went to Service Canada this morning and applied for my temporary SIN.. Yup, i can start working soon... ;)
Now i just need to wait for the local office at Scarborough to notify when is the landing date.. According to my approval letter, it states that only $490 is needed for the right of permanent residence fee. I bet there is a typo somewhere on your landing letter, try to call to them and clarify... So happy my letters didnt get lost... ;p

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Tozo and Twchu.

I thought that it might be wrong. We just don't have that kind of money to pay $490x2. I'm going to try and call CIC on Monday and hopefully I'll get my 2 letters on Mon. I want to go apply for my OHIP soon.!

borrowdale

Sep 17, 2011
Charlamag said:
Update on crossing the border without a PR card.

My husband landed October 27th - it only took 10 minutes and was an extremely pleasant, friendly experience. It was wonderful!

On landing, the Immigration officer gave us the PR document and told us the card should arrive in about 10 days, however, we wanted to import some vehicles a part of our personal effects without any delay. She assured us that we could use our PR paperwork at the border without any problem as long as we were entering in our own personal vehicle.

We drove through the border twice this week, using only the PR paperwork since we do not have the PR card yet, and there was absolutely NO problems at all. Just handed in the documents with the passport - there was no question, no delay - nothing. It was fantastic!

If you try to pass over the border in anything other than your own personal vehicle, you will have problems - however, I just wanted to confirm that travel by your own vehicle without your card, using only your PR paperwork, is accepted. I understand that in some instances people say it takes them weeks to get their card - I thought this might help clarify driving into the country in your own vehicle using just your PR documents.

Good luck to everyone waiting!

This experience was far more pleasant for my husband than mine was when immigrating in the USA and he made sure that his immigration officer knew how appreciative he was with her friendliness. Within one hour he landed, got his documents, passport stamped, had a SIN number and applied for and got pictures for his Ont Health Card. When we left the office, there was a couple waiting for their interview and they looked as happy as could be.
hey there, i jus had one question for u, if u dont mind. when u went for your landing interview, did u really have to go with your spouse? coz i jus got my 2 letters from cic and my girlfriend is currently visiting family, so im concerned if she is unable to make it on time, say if cic calls me and invites me to land like in 2 days or something like that. how does the landing interview work? u also bring the $490 in the form of a money order or credit card with u right? im located in calgary, so thats my local office. they dont seem to have a phone number i can reach them on and i dont quite trust the cic call centre , those guys mislead sometimes. is there any problem if i go to the interview alone and perhaps carry my spouses i.ds??

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
Hey guys, I received the extension permit I applied last June 2011 in the mail today. Date signed Oct 24,2011.
It says in the
REMARKS:
Temporary Resident Status maintained as per R183.
Application for Permanent Resident Status has received initial approval.
Passport valid until XX-XX-XXXX. PAN-C*

Does this mean we got AIP already last Oct 24th? ECAS didn't change yet. Exactly 11 month on Monday, Nov 6th.

jeymi

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010
File Transfer...
15-11-2011
Interview........
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012
Congrats abisehiyo. It means AIP. Hopefully I will hear good news too.