App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hi CEC, Theresa_Lynn, GiGi (All June 2010 applicants)

I just call that agent, he is telling me to call them after one month there is still back ground check is going on......funny funny funny due to their 1 million backlog files these things are happening.......any clue

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
canadiancitizen said:
Hello... 2 days JUMP... :'(
can't believe it. thought they would have sped up a bit. these last days are like torture. slow and painful.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
abisehiyo and jeymi, any news?

sa_ja

Star Member
Mar 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
Med's Request
15-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-09-2012
Interview........
-
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Babyhangon said:
can't believe it. thought they would have sped up a bit. these last days are like torture. slow and painful.
Painful.. I hear you and share your feeling !!

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
:) :( ::) :'( ??? Getting crazy!

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:
Hi CEC, Theresa_Lynn, GiGi (All June 2010 applicants)

I just call that agent, he is telling me to call them after one month there is still back ground check is going on......funny funny funny due to their 1 million backlog files these things are happening.......any clue

I called CIC last Friday and I was told they are waiting on the RCMP and CISI background checks.

I told the agent it makes no sense coz we have been hearing the same story since April.

I asked if I can call RCMP and CSIS to know what's going on and the agent said he doesn't know if they will answer me.

I might call to see what's up.

edit: I tried to call CSIS but I could not get a hold of anybody.

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
Babyhangon said:
So upset with the 2 day jump!!!grrr... well...i guess better than nothing. No news yet Babyhangon.Getting very very close to 11 months. Send me more patience,lol.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Serendipity said:
Dear Charmainefrances,

While you solve the issue with your AHCIP coverage, common sense dictates that you should consider purchasing private health insurance. The last thing you want is to be in need of medical care, whether it is an emergency or not, while lacking insurance. An event like that could easily be devastating both financially and emotionally to anyone. Don't take the risk!

Cheers

:)

I understand what you are saying! me and my husband has bluecross but it won't cover much! We actually planned to have another healthcare plan, but I can't apply because my ALB. healthcard should be valid.

so yeah! everything's a screw up! arg!

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
charmainefrances said:
I understand what you are saying! me and my husband has bluecross but it won't cover much! We actually planned to have another healthcare plan, but I can't apply because my ALB. healthcard should be valid.

so yeah! everything's a screw up! arg!

I was able to have my husband on my employer extended benefit plan. He was eligible for anything NOT covered by AB health care. So physio and similar practitioners to a certain dollar limit, dentist 80%, prescriptions 80%, etc. But if he had needed to see a doctor, we would have had to pay. Upon receipt of his PR, he was immediately eligible for health care because I already had AB health care. Can you be added to your husband's employer plan? I know that wouldn't cover everything but would cover a bit more...

jeymi

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010
File Transfer...
15-11-2011
Interview........
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-12-2012
LANDED..........
14-12-2012
Babyhangon said:
Hi Babyhangon, no news yet. With the 2 days jump, I believe it would be next week. It drives me crazy.

borrowdale

Sep 17, 2011
hie everyone, just recevied two letters from cic. it basically states that i will be contacted by cic calgary office and i should bring an original i.d to the office. now it says " at the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will be required to present the original i.d to the cic centre" now what does this mean exactly? does this mean i should bring my common law partner or not???

now the right of permanent residency fee which is $490 will be required in order for me to be granted a confirmation of permanent residency. and that will be paid at the cic centre in calgary it states too and that they will contact me. now im wondering when exactly does a cic local offices normally contact to- be permanent resident applicants?? would they contact me say tomorrow and invite me to come to their offices in two weeks for example, or would they contact me say two months later and invite me to show up by like the next business day or two? how much notice do i get really??

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
abisehiyo said:
So upset with the 2 day jump!!!grrr... well...i guess better than nothing. No news yet Babyhangon.Getting very very close to 11 months. Send me more patience,lol.
i am already out of patience. need a glass of wine to ease my nerves.
if the end is good, i'll take the pain.
hang in there, bro and sis.

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
Anyone received any AIP letters or OWP from CIC besides borrowdale? I havent got any yet... Why???? :(

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charmainefrances said:
hello po! actually, I used that 3 month extension already... my regular work permit has expired June 2011, so yes, I asked for extension for alb. healthcard and it ended Sept. 2011..and they won't extend it again unless I have a regular work permit and now, they are saying that it would take 18-24 months now before a descision will be made, so meaning to say, I will wait for 18-24 months without a alb. healthcard.????? as I have said, I am not hoping to get sick but the question here is WHAT IF? wahhhhhhhhh!!!! :(

Hi again Charmainefrances,

Although you may not qualify for Provincial health benefits right at this moment, you could certainly purchase the kind of private health insurance that is available to visitors, tourists, and transients. This type of coverage is available to people not already insured, or that are not eligible for benefits under a Canadian government health insurance plan, which is pretty much your case.

Also, this type of insurance is commonly sold under the label of "Travel Medical Insurance", or other similar names, which you can purchase from almost all major companies offering complementary insurance products to provincial health plans. Since you are in AB, you may want to get in touch with, say, a couple of insurance brokers from your province who may be able to assist you in the decision making process of selecting an adequate plan. Brokers usually sell various types of products from multiple companies which, as a customer, gives you the great advantage of being able to choose, from an array of options, the one that may best fit your personal needs and budget (oh, dear, I sound like a sales person :) )

Furthermore, you may also want to visit sites such as www.kanetix.ca/travel-visitors-to-canada, www.rbcinsurance.com/travelinsurance/visitors-canada-plans.html, www.arbetovinsurance.com/visitorstocanada, www.ab.bluecross.ca/travel/travel-visitors.html, etc. (This is what I googled to find the aforementioned links: ""Visitor to Canada health insurance")

:)

S.

themount

Oct 27, 2011
twchu said:
Anyone received any AIP letters or OWP from CIC besides borrowdale? I havent got any yet... Why???? :(
No not heard any news at all, they updated online that they recieved additional info we sent in august but thats it,
Still on the Nov applicants.....

App received 29th Nov 2010