Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Yay, my biggest congratulations to you TRUE RUSSIAN. It will fly by. It is 5 months today that I became a PR and I still can't believe it.

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
I just called CIC today, no updates on my file yet. I sent more docs last July 25th even though they did not ask it,up to now its not been attached. They are just opening docs received July 13th (thats what the agent told me). They started my RCMP check May 2011.

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
Love_Young said:
Yay, my biggest congratulations to you TRUE RUSSIAN. It will fly by. It is 5 months today that I became a PR and I still can't believe it.
Hey LY, 5 months went by quick eh? Congratulations and you are starting soon, you will definitely do good! :)

Hi Jeymi, any updates?

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs happy tree said:
Hi,

I finally received a letter from the Montreal office. I will be landing on the 15th Nov. Yay!

@ tplink1357: Hope you will also hear something very soon!
Sigh I haven't received any letter from my local office in Toronto, and I got decision made earlier than you. I am really worried now. :(

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
abisehiyo said:
Hey LY, 5 months went by quick eh? Congratulations and you are starting soon, you will definitely do good! :)
Hello there abisehiyo. Why yes it did. I still can't believe it. Thank you very much, I really hope so. :D

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
themount said:
Application received: 29th November 2010 With Medical, all complete,

Processing: 13th January 2011

We called and just got an automated reply saying we should have a response by Oct 31st 2011, its the first of Nov!

we are outside the 10-11 months. It is a good test of patience for sure
Themount,CIC have sent you your approval letter to your mail....hopefully you should get them by friday or latest by monday .hope is AIP or both stages approval.in any case check you ecas for update .its takes 2-3 days for ecas to be updated.good luck

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Yes, I was considering Scotiabank's StartRight program. We would like to stay with them if possible. We have had a joint account there for almost 2 years now. So I would definitely say that they may not see me as a newcomer to them. Would you know if it would help my chances to get an unsecured card since I have been on hubby's CC's as well in the past couple of years?

Absolutely yes!! Joint credit card holders have the same obligations and privileges on the account, and the card's history is included on both people's credit report. If your current CC is from the same bank as the joint checking account, I encourage you to first apply there for an unsecured card.

Also, do not do it online or even over the phone. Go to your branch and talk to someone there. If for whatever reason you do not fully qualify for an unsecured card, branch managers have the authority to approve it if they consider it appropriate.

If this fails, which I doubt will happen based on the info you provided, you can always try other banks which may be more receptive in a mere attempt to "steal" a customer from a competitor. TD would be a good place to start, and please keep in mind that you do not need to open a checking or a savings account with them to get a CC.

:)

S.

gstar

Oct 18, 2011
pptk703 said:
Sigh I haven't received any letter from my local office in Toronto, and I got decision made earlier than you. I am really worried now. :(
Me too. I received my letter Sept. 20 and I am still waiting for a letter from Scarborough.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
gigi1612 said:
I agree. Took us two years to get the interview and we were requested a lot of extra information before and after the interview.
Would it be easier to just withdraw the inland app and start an outland one? without PR status, one basically has no life here.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
abisehiyo said:
I just called CIC today, no updates on my file yet. I sent more docs last July 25th even though they did not ask it,up to now its not been attached. They are just opening docs received July 13th (thats what the agent told me). They started my RCMP check May 2011.
abisehiyo, i am waiting for your good news. just hang in there.
you meant this July right? cuz last July you hadn't started applying yet.
where is jeymi? stressed out?

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
Babyhangon said:
abisehiyo, i am waiting for your good news. just hang in there.
you meant this July right? cuz last July you hadn't started applying yet.
where is jeymi? stressed out?

Im hanging tight! lol

Yeah that is July 2011.

Yuhooooooo Jeymi!!! :)

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
I've sent my wife's inland application on Aug 23 2011, so am I correct to assume that the CIC sends you no letters or anything until you get
AIP which is in 10-11 months?

Because I did not receive any acknowledgement letter or anything.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
AAL1984, we have an Inland 2011 thread. You can join us over there if you like. When was your wife's application received at Vegreville?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-application-2011-t67267.0.html

You probably won't hear from CIC until the 11 month mark unless they require additional information from you.

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
Mark_Anna said:
Hello Inlanders friends,
Especially CEC, Theresa_Lynn, GiGi (All June 2010 applicants)

This waiting for second stage is so long while November 2010 people are getting both stage approval. Any idea? I got my A.I.P & O.W.P on 6th April 2011, still waiting for second stage......

My timeline is

We received your application for permanent residence on June 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 26, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on March 10, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on August 8, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.
I applied March 30, 2010, started processing June 6, 2010 got AIP in Jan 2011, and still waiting, the last time they received additonal info was Aug 13, 2011.. so I should be more worried then you