Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Not sure if anyone of you older 2010 people that are done with this process can answer this question. Did you ever send your OWP after you sent the original spousal sponsorship application and it was attached and approved at AIP?

Also, when you send additional documents, will e-cas show when they opened the mail and added the info to your file?

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys

5 days jump is a good news and hopefully next week will be a super jump........let be positive and wait patiently for our time.i know its hard to keep waiting but its will surely be over one day.the waiting game continues............. :-X

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
angtao said:
Not sure if anyone of you older 2010 people that are done with this process can answer this question. Did you ever send your OWP after you sent the original spousal sponsorship application and it was attached and approved at AIP?

Also, when you send additional documents, will e-cas show when they opened the mail and added the info to your file?
There have been several who sent it in later and had it attached. Of course there is the chance that they will lose it or try and process it too soon. Just be sure to include a letter with all information pertaining to your application/file so it makes it easier for them to find and attach to your application. Also, make a note on the top of the OWP not to process until first stage approval. Yes, it should show in e-Cas "We received the requested information on *insert date*. Thank you for providing the information." whenever they attach it to your file.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Thanks for the response LY. I wrote on the top of the OWP for them not to process until the 1st stage approval as Jurgen had suggested in another post.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
You're plenty welcome. Well looks like Jurjen beat me to it then. :p
You should be good to go then. Just get tracking on it as well but I am sure you already knew that. ;)

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Ya, I check e-cas once a day, usually at night to see if it has been attached.

Not sure if you have seen our list recently but we have 49 people now. They did go back to the 2-2.5 months until people's applications go in to process but what can we do.

Hope your mom is doing well:)

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
LY, do you think I should order FOSS notes now? My app was received 6.5 months ago. What do you think?

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
angtao said:

We sent additional documents twice, and requested info once. Nothing showed up on ecas. 6 months after the first docs, we ordered FOSS and no indication was made there either.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
angtao said:
LY, do you think I should order FOSS notes now? My app was received 6.5 months ago. What do you think?
I ordered our FOSS at about the 6.5 month mark as well so yeah go ahead. :)
I also ordered at the 8th month and just got my last FOSS notes that I ordered last month.
I wanted to see what was said about our relationship as well as about getting approved. Lol.
Speaking of which, I am going to share some things that were put on there soon.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
abc3896 said:
Thx a lot Jurjen. That is very helpful. But for the address do I need to write both addresses?because my home address and mailing address are different.
I suppose one address will be enough. Just make it a regular cover letter, with the usual lay-out.

Wow! Page 500! I hope CanadaVisa doesn't see it as polution on their webserver. ;D

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gigi1612 said:
Does anybody know what the background checks are for? or What do they actually check?

I've been calling several times and different agetns have told differents things.

On July one told "everthing is ok, we are jut waiting for somebody to open your file and lan d you."

Then a month past by and I called again. This time the agent told me my background checks were still in process"

Again, time pass by, and I keept calling. This time I was told my background checks were completed and yhr only thing missing was the background checks from my country of origin. That makes no sense I submitted the clearance on may this year.

Finally, I ordered my FOSS notes and I found out my clearance from country of origin is being recieved on may, CSIS has passed and my RCMP has requested gon july this year. I submitted my figerprints (electronically) on April. I'm going nuts...

Love_Young you mention before that RCMP check takes about 4 months. Should requested another FOSS notes? Is been a month since I got the last one. What do you think?
Look at my FOSS that I got this week:

CEC said:
hi guys,

I have just got my FOSS notes on my e-mail.

Just for the record, I requested it on Sept 08 and received it on Oct 12.

Can you please somebody help me to understand it?

Does it mean they have not requested my Security Check yet?

Is that possible? I got my AiP in April!

Where did you see you have passed on some Background Check? Does your file show the dates they were requested? Mine don't...

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow! I haven't been on here for a while but a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who's been approved recently. Looking at ecas has really gotten me down so I just needed to come to a place where people know what I feel like and find some hope. After seeing that Novembers are getting approved, I feel a little bit encouraged. But still afraid of "what if I get turned down?" It is nice to see people being able to move on with their lives and hoping that at some point this year, I will too.

nicole1204

Oct 2, 2011
The Second stage's waiting is even more frustrating!!!I know for me it's only been 2 weeks but......

One thing that I don't understand about the whole background check is that every applicant who can get in Canada should've had either work permit, visitor permit or study permit. For applying those permits, wouldn't the CIC check background????? Why do they have to do it all over again???Besides, the whole process between inland and outside should be the same, then how come outside could be faster on the checking?
Sooooooooooooooo weird!!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
generally every day, as far as I can tell from previous messages. Keep in mind that there's usually a 2-3 day delay before updates are visible.