+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

gaboQc

Aug 29, 2011
Hi guys,
I am having a little confusion here...
Could anybody tell me what means "initial entry date to Canada" ?
Friday I received one letter from Montreal asking me to send 2 Photos for the PR landing, and also to verify the information on the Confirmation of Permanent Residence letter,
everything is correct apart the above mentioned date, which is indicating one of my early entry when I came for a short visit back in 2009...
Since then I have entered 3 more times up to the date I have applied for PR-inland in Oct/2010...
Thanks in advance, and wishing good luck to everybody!
G

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We received your application for permanent residence on October 29, 2010.

We started processing your application on December 14, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on September 16, 2011 to xxxxxxxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

OH YES!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D This is what I have been waiting for since they gave me AIP on September 8! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~~

Am I going to get a phone call from local office for landing interview or is it going to show up on the letter? I just sent an OWP application last week, should I call to cancel it tomorrow?

santacruzan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 20
Doc's Request.
dec 7' 2010
AOR Received.
July 05, 2011
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
August 3 2011
Mark_Anna said:
santacruz,

your 13 months are for both stages right? because my 1 st stage was 9 months 26 days and second stage not yet so total time taken untill now is approx 15 months (Not yet final decision)

it almost 16 months now and still counting

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
pptk703 said:

We sent you a letter on September 16, 2011 to xxxxxxxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

OH YES!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D This is what I have been waiting for since they gave me AIP on September 8! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~~

Am I going to get a phone call from local office for landing interview or is it going to show up on the letter? I sent an OWP application on Monday, should I call to cancel it tomorrow?
Woohoo, this is great news. Congratulations! Where will your local office be?
No, you will most likely get a letter in the mail. I got a call but most small ones call. No, don't cancel it just yet. Wait to see the date you get for your landing interview first then cancel. Again, congratulations! :D Thanks for sharing with us.

santacruzan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 20
Doc's Request.
dec 7' 2010
AOR Received.
July 05, 2011
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
August 3 2011
pptk703 said:

Am I going to get a phone call from local office for landing interview or is it going to show up on the letter? I sent an OWP application on Monday, should I call to cancel it tomorrow?
congtrats to you

santacruzan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 20
Doc's Request.
dec 7' 2010
AOR Received.
July 05, 2011
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
August 3 2011
Love_Young said:
No, you will most likely get a letter in the mail. I got a call but most small ones call. No, don't cancel it just yet. Wait to see the date you get for your landing interview first then cancel. Again, congratulations! :D Thanks for sharing with us.
How are you love young?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
santacruzan said:
How are you love young?
I am doing fairly well. Been busy lately, not used to it but not hating it either. Lol.
How are you? :)

santacruzan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 20
Doc's Request.
dec 7' 2010
AOR Received.
July 05, 2011
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
August 3 2011
Love_Young said:
I am doing fairly well. Been busy lately, not used to it but not hating it either. Lol.
How are you? :)
I am still waiting and doing well too busy for me since i got my open work permit, no days-off even holiday, need to save money, I am planning to go Phil by next year. I hear that you got your job. Well good luck and enjoy God Bless...
Do you think the reason why it takes to long for the processing for the 2nd stage because i have 2 dependents?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
santacruzan said:
I am still waiting and doing well too busy for me since i got my open work permit, no days-off even holiday, need to save money, I am planning to go Phil by next year. I hear that you got your job. Well good luck and enjoy God Bless...
Do you think the reason why it takes to long for the processing for the 2nd stage because i have 2 dependents?
I won't be able to go back home until next year either. No breaks for me. We need to save up money as well.
Thank you. I haven't started it yet, I will in about 10 days or so. Good luck with your job as well.

Are you dependents outside of Canada? If so, yes that probably could cause a bit of a longer processing just because they not only need to check your background/medical status but your dependents as well. Hopefully you get finished up soon though. Let us know if you hear anything. Wishing you lots of luck.

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Thanks everyone!

LY, I have no idea where my local office will be. I am in Toronto, so probably Etobicoke, Scarborough, or Mississauga. I assume I can make a cancellation request anytime before they process it, right?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
pptk703 said:
Thanks everyone!

LY, I have no idea where my local office will be. I am in Toronto, so probably Etobicoke, Scarborough, or Mississauga. I assume I can make a cancellation request anytime before they process it, right?
Yeah it could go either way. Which side of Toronto are you on? It usually divides between east and west Toronto.
Yes, you can cancel any time before they finish the OWP. So I would just recommend waiting until you get the letter to see when your landing date will be. If it turns out that you can get your OWP before landing then keep it, take the OWP and get a temporary SIN before landing because otherwise if you don't have a temporary SIN before landing, you will have to wait until you get your PR card in the mail (2-3 months) to get a SIN and start working. If it turns out that you won't most likely get your OWP before landing (which seems it could be the case) then you can cancel the OWP and get a refund. Like I said though, unless you already have a temporary SIN then you will have to wait until you get your PR card to get a SIN and start working, just keep that in mind.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
Perhaps, it is only a fluke, but the 24 automated phone system (1-888-242‑2100 ) has updated its only message from "Your application was received November 1st", to "we well now forward you to an agent who can help you better." Anybody else have experience with this? What does it mean?

Nervously awaiting the opportunity to call them tomorrow ....

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Yeah it could go either way. Which side of Toronto are you on? It usually divides between east and west Toronto.
Yes, you can cancel any time before they finish the OWP. So I would just recommend waiting until you get the letter to see when your landing date will be. If it turns out that you can get your OWP before landing then keep it, take the OWP and get a temporary SIN before landing because otherwise if you don't have a temporary SIN before landing, you will have to wait until you get your PR card in the mail (2-3 months) to get a SIN and start working. If it turns out that you won't most likely get your OWP before landing (which seems it could be the case) then you can cancel the OWP and get a refund. Like I said though, unless you already have a temporary SIN then you will have to wait until you get your PR card to get a SIN and start working, just keep that in mind.
I have a SIN for a long time but it was expired on September 10th with my PGWP. I guess I can't use it anymore and have to wait for a new SIN or reactive my old SIN when I get my OWP (if I decide not to cancel it)?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
pptk703 said:
I have a SIN for a long time but it was expired on September 10th with my PGWP. I guess I can't use it anymore and have to wait for a new SIN or reactive my old SIN when I get my OWP (if I decide not to cancel it)?
Are you still working for the same employer? If you are then you can still work on an expired SIN.
And you would only be able to use the OWP to get a new SIN if you receive it and get another temporary SIN before landing.

santacruzan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 20
Doc's Request.
dec 7' 2010
AOR Received.
July 05, 2011
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
August 3 2011
pptk703 said:
you can still use your old sin card when i got my owp my sin was expired for almost a year then we went the service canada and they renew it.