27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Love_Young said:
They received our application 5 months ago today. Only 4 more to go. Hopefully it will be good news.
Im already getting drunk for you :p... because am soo excited for you that it will be good news !..
xxx

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Black-Berry said:
Im already getting drunk for you :p... because am soo excited for you that it will be good news !..
xxx
Haha don't get too far ahead of me. Lol. Hopefully I don't disappoint you or myself. I will definitely be up for a celebration though if I get good news though. :p

perrinsa

Oct 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
27-06-2011
@Devin: I am hoping for my first White Christmas, though in Vancouver that is a long shot, we will have to see... I'm always trying to explain to my friends here what a South African christmas is like, but they just don't get the braai and poolside concept :D

12 Days to go till my application receive date comes up - I may get that happy christmas present after all!!! :p

Devin

Dec 6, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@perrinsa

I know what you mean; no one here gets it when I try to explain. You are lucky you are in Vancouver. Over here in Toronto its freezing and a little snowy, but we are going to London ON for Christmas as my wife’s family lives there, and from what they say, they have snow metres deep. I mean I love the thought of a white Christmas, but that is just overkill ha-ha. Good luck with the Christmas present; mine was approved about a week before the date I expected so I hope you are lucky too. I am still not able to work though as they sent all my documents to the wrong address, but at least I know I am legal in the country hahahaha. I just wish they got my address right as I could have been working by now. I have been unable to work for 16 months which is horrible. My wife does not mind though, considering she has a house wife haha. ;D ;D ;D

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Hoping to lift some more spirits today. Here is your update.

QUOTE OF THE DAY (Fri. Dec 17, 10)
"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."

INLAND WAITING ACTIVITY OF THE DAY
An activity that may not be as enjoyable but maybe didn't have the time for before, would be losing weight or just getting healthy. Maybe you are like me and wanted to do it but never had the time before. Now is the time to start because after getting AIP you might not get this valuable time again. Use this time to get healthy and start a new healthy life. Maybe learn some new recipes with the family as well as do recreation together. If you like also join a gym or if you are more of a private person and want to stay indoors you could also do Taboo, Yoga, Meditation, etc. Also for those that are like us and have game consoles you could use Wii Fit as well as the new Xbox 360 Kinect. They have games that scan your body to tell you your height, weight, BMI, etc and they also correct you when they notice you aren't doing a move as well as you should be. However, you chose to do it just make it fun for yourself, relieve some stress, and become healthy. This is something you not only benefit from now but also throughout your life. Make your new start in Canada a healthy one.

Devin

Dec 6, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That’s a great idea, except I just play games on my console. I started working out when I first arrived in Canada, and since I have not been able to work for 16 months, you can imagine the hours I have put in the gym, and I have to say I am really happy with the results, even my wife is happy there is nothing worse than a skinny guy with a belly :eek:. I cook for my wife every night, and I have also learnt quite a few recipes, which are a step up from cereal, grilled cheese sandwiches and toast, which was what made up most of my diet when I was working 72 hours a week. (That and of course loads of beer and pub food).
We should all have a recipe exchange so that we can add some new exotic recipes to our recipe books. I mean I am sure that there are people from all over the world using this forum. Just a thought. I have to say,

I never would have thought that I would be suggesting a recipe exchange ha-ha.
We might as well make use of the free time we have...

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
That sounds really good Devin and glad to hear that you are happy with where you are at with your health. Nothing better than that. It makes you feel good all the way around. I know for me it is especially hard not to fall victim to high calorie foods since hubby's disease makes putting on weight hard so the doctors make him eat junk food and all. I love cooking for him so it is difficult not to want to eat the same things he is. But we both have different needs for our bodies and as long as we are both healthy, that is what is important.

I would love to share recipes though I can't remember all mine from home. Going to have to call my grandma for that as well as my mom. Been too used to Newfoundland meals here because of being here for almost 2 years that I have forgotten my Southern comfort food from home. Shame on me, isn't it? Lol. I will try to remember some. If anyone else is up for it, I could also add a "Inland Recipe of the Day from *member name*" along with the quotes and activities. Does that sound okay? Everyday I will message a different member and ask them to share a recipe from their home and culture. Once we have enough, I could develop a blog for it or free site where we can look back on them with ease. After all we are an inlander family so we should act like family. Lol.

Devin

Dec 6, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ love young...
That sounds like an awesome plan. I have no idea how to start a blog so it is great that you offered. I have loads of cool recipes from home and I could do with some more. I am really enjoying being a house wife in terms of having the time to cook good food.
My wife is the one who likes all the junk food lol. But ever since I started with the health foods and gym, I try to limit the take always to once or twice a month, and I also manage to drag her to the gym once a week which is fun, she is lucky though as she stays skinny no matter what she eats. I stay skinny but my belly bulges ha-ha.

perrinsa

Oct 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
27-06-2011
I'm loving the cooking again, after 8 years on cruise ships, it has been fantastic to get my hands dirty in the kitchen. I have especially taken to baking, xmas and thanksgiving are the best times to do it.

I wish I had the drive to go to gym every day. Had been doing a lot of cycling in the summer which was awesome, even took part in a 40k race. Updated my family tree and was able to trace my family back 14 generations on my mothers side.

Also been volunteering which has been awesome. Got some great contacts and got to know people in the community that have been extremely supportive.

Thanks Love-Young for the ideas and inspirational thoughts.. it has been very uplifting.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
did anyone make inlanders facebook group? if not i can make it. i got lots of time for now. i just dont wanna steal the idea :)

Love Young, good luck to ur hubby at check up. hopefully his lungs are functioning right.

deer30

Dec 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Inlanders!

-Just posting same intro as INLANDERS! thread ~

I'm soooo glad I found this forum! I sponsored my husband via inland application:( 8 months ago- my husband has been going crazy at home!!!!

Thank you for regularly posting! It really helps the waiting process :D

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Asta said:
did anyone make inlanders facebook group? if not i can make it. i got lots of time for now. i just dont wanna steal the idea :)
Asta, that would be great! Please do :), I know we talked about it earlier but I haven't had time with moving, having people come and stay, plus working long hours. :(

Perrinsa and Devin- I had braai in the UK and wow yum! Also I'm from New Zealand and it seems weird not to be able to go to the beach and have christmas dinner outside under the shade and play backyard cricket oh and try explaining netball to Canadians lol :) It is magical having a white christmas as well :)

Love_Young -I have a receipe for Pavalova, a desert :)

Welcome Deer30- only one more month till AIP!!

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ditta said:
If you already submitted your PR application without the OWP you have to wait the first stage. Sorry, I know how frustrating is to find out about it later. What is your current status? If you PM rjessome, who is like an expert, she will be able to confirm what I just said. I sent out my appl. without it and my WP expired a week ago in December, so I had no other choice than get my employer to ask for a new LMO and send in an extention request. I wish I had known about the OWP and save the headache. You should also know the OWP icluded in the PR application gives you implied status once your current visa expires until AIP. Without it you have to renew your status once it expires and make sure you always stay legal.
I'm working here with a post graduate work permit, which will expire in September 2011. So now I'm hoping I can get AIP by July/August, which will allow me to apply for OWP before it expires.

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ditta said:
If you already submitted your PR application without the OWP you have to wait the first stage. Sorry, I know how frustrating is to find out about it later. What is your current status? If you PM rjessome, who is like an expert, she will be able to confirm what I just said. I sent out my appl. without it and my WP expired a week ago in December, so I had no other choice than get my employer to ask for a new LMO and send in an extention request. I wish I had known about the OWP and save the headache. You should also know the OWP icluded in the PR application gives you implied status once your current visa expires until AIP. Without it you have to renew your status once it expires and make sure you always stay legal.
So what do I do if I don't get AIP before my OP expires on Sep 10, 2011? I want to still be able to WORK !!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
QUOTE OF THE DAY (Sat. Dec 18, 10)
"He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has."

INLAND WAITING ACTIVITY OF THE DAY
"Spend a weekend with the family visiting local attractions of your area. Adventure to places you may have never tried before. It is a good way to get to identify your community before you permanently settle down."