Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Angus, you should call CIC and see if it is AIP.

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angtao said:
Angus, you should call CIC and see if it is AIP.
Tried today, but couldn't get through. I will keep trying tomorrow. I also want to see if my OWP app was attached to my file (we sent ours the same date, so I'll let you know)

The letter said I could now apply for an OWP, so if my app wasn't attached, then I should send in another one. My current work permit expires May 2012, so at least I have some time.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Jurjen said:
Yes, you're allowed to travel through Canada, as long as you travel direct (so no transfers or shortcuts through the US). If you have a visa that's multi-entry, you could even travel to the US for as long as it's valid. Maybe check with CIC what it would take to get a new multi-entry visa for you to do business trips to the US.
Thank you very much Jurjen, the answer makes a huge smile on my face now :D. I'm going to confirm more with CIC when I can but it's enough to answer the company now. Praying for the best. I know an interview is nothing but it's still a move to me.

Jun 24, 2011
I alreay posted this in a new thread, but I am posting it here too, hoping that I might get some answers:

Hello,
We have been waiting for two years for my boyfriends PR to be finished and since March we haven't had any news, I am afraid that next time they'll say that some of the documents are no longer valid and it's going to take another year or more to complete the stupid procedure . . . we have been apart for 2 years, how much longer can they make us wait (he has applied inland . . . stupid, but he hadn't done his research on time).
Anyways, he got a tourist visa and I wonder what we should do. I don't know if waiting will result in anything, They already asked him to do the medical exams in the beginning of 2010, now, he'll probably have to redo them at least. . . but I think that if they are not communicating with us for so long, this my continue for a long time . . . the other thing we could do is get married, the I can sponsor him (I am a full time student, working part time, but he has a bachelor's degree from here and a masters from a good European university, he knows both English and French is only 26, what seems to me a very good candidate, he has lived here for 4 years already and has family here too). If we do that, he has to be able to find a job in a few months, I read that it might take 6 months to get an open work permit, but then I read it might take 10+ months . . . we could figure out something for 6 months . . . but he will have to find a job fast. How long does it actually take? Will he get a medical card and when will he be allowed to? Is it only after he gets the PR card? What about a driving permit? I have plane tickets and tons of pictures for evidence that we have been together for over 3 years and that I have visited him for the 2 years that we have been apart. Would they reimburse us for the skilled worker procedure if we are applying for another procedure?
I just can't stand the separation anymore, as a Canadian citizen I have the right to be with the person I love for God's sake!
Please, I will be very grateful if anyone can answer my questions, it is not like the immigration authorities are very helpful when you e-mail them and in Buffalo there is no phone number where you can reach them. . .
THANK YOU

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
Mark_Anna said:
wow Theresa_Lynn so they did magic again,
Last time I call them and they said call us in December for updated information.
My 8 months of second stage will finish on 6th December 2011, untill than let me see....

What about our other fellow applicants June 2010 (CEC, GiGi,....)
My 8 months of second stage will finish on december 12, 2011. I will contact my MP if nothing happend by that time.

The wait is killing me! :'(

abc3896

Star Member
Apr 1, 2011
oceans_end said:
I'm at 12 month after AIP, should I contact my MP regarding this? CIC is basically telling me background check is still being done, and don't know how long it takes. I send my app March 2010, got AIP Dec 2010.
Hey oceans_end. Did they require something from you when you got AIP?

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
abc3896 said:
Hey oceans_end. Did they require something from you when you got AIP?
well they send us this update form to fill out in Aug which we returned and they got it by Aug 19th(says on ecas thank you for the requested document), it was basically a 2 yr job/address/school form where you have to tell them what you did in the last two years without gaps.

we did our medical when we send the app in march 2010, does it mean its expired now? should we wait for them to request another medical or do we do it ourselves?

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
0979230 said:
We have been waiting for two years for my boyfriends PR to be finished and since March we haven't had any news, I am afraid that next time they'll say that some of the documents are no longer valid and it's going to take another year or more to complete the stupid procedure . . . we have been apart for 2 years, how much longer can they make us wait (he has applied inland . . . stupid, but he hadn't done his research on time).
Anyways, he got a tourist visa and I wonder what we should do. I don't know if waiting will result in anything, They already asked him to do the medical exams in the beginning of 2010, now, he'll probably have to redo them at least. . . but I think that if they are not communicating with us for so long, this may continue for a long time . . . the other thing we could do is get married, the I can sponsor him (I am a full time student, working part time, but he has a bachelor's degree from here and a masters from a good European university, he knows both English and French is only 26, what seems to me a very good candidate, he has lived here for 4 years already and has family here too).
Okay, so he's not walking the sponsorship path for PR at the moment? That's not something we're experienced in, in this thread. Sponsorship is not about 'being a good candidate' so much.

0979230 said:
If we do that, he has to be able to find a job in a few months, I read that it might take 6 months to get an open work permit, but then I read it might take 10+ months . . . we could figure out something for 6 months . . . but he will have to find a job fast. How long does it actually take?
You can get an OWP upon receiving AiP (first stage approval), which currently takes about 11 months.

0979230 said:
Will he get a medical card and when will he be allowed to? Is it only after he gets the PR card? What about a driving permit?
Those are provincial matters. It's different from one to another.

0979230 said:
I have plane tickets and tons of pictures for evidence that we have been together for over 3 years and that I have visited him for the 2 years that we have been apart. Would they reimburse us for the skilled worker procedure if we are applying for another procedure?
Since they already started his case, they won't reimburse. Maybe only the PPR fee, since that's the last step.

0979230 said:
I just can't stand the separation anymore, as a Canadian citizen I have the right to be with the person I love for God's sake!
Please, I will be very grateful if anyone can answer my questions, it is not like the immigration authorities are very helpful when you e-mail them and in Buffalo there is no phone number where you can reach them. . .
Buffalo? You were talking about inland! Buffalo doesn't have anything to do with inland procedures. I don't know if you have the right to be with the person you love. Did you check the law? But it's surely possible, there's just a(n incredibly long) waiting line.

H

hispassionfruit

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

Just an update....Got a letter from cic dated Nov. 10, 2011 stating "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member......" ;D It goes on further to state a couple of housekeeping things I need to do within 90 days (heh, I can get my part done in a week, the waiting will be on the other parties involved...) so. it also says I can work and study here now too (oh thank goodness, these walls were getting to close...)

so anyways, a little encouragement, we have been waiting for a bit, and our patience seems to be paying off...

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
hispassionfruit said:
Just an update....Got a letter from cic dated Nov. 10, 2011 stating "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member......" ;D It goes on further to state a couple of housekeeping things I need to do within 90 days (heh, I can get my part done in a week, the waiting will be on the other parties involved...) so. it also says I can work and study here now too (oh thank goodness, these walls were getting to close...)

so anyways, a little encouragement, we have been waiting for a bit, and our patience seems to be paying off...
Congratulations... your application its all about NUMBER 1
Application sent 1-11 and look at your footer: 1 year 1 month and 1 day

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Friend, need your help!!!

My wife's ecas now says: (she is the applicant)

We received your application for permanent residence on December 8, 2010.
We started processing your application on January 26, 2011.
We received the requested information on February 16, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

My ecas says: (I am her sponsor)

We received your application to sponsor (NAME) on December 8, 2010.
We started processing your application on November 17, 2011.
We sent you a letter on November 17, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Could please someone tell me if this is good news for us? We haven't received any physical letter as yet.
I am waiting here anxiously. Thanks a million in advance!!!

Cangaceiro

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2011
File Transfer...
09/12/2011
Interview........
11/06/2012
Last update: November 23, 2011 (initial assessment) 11-12 months
(working on applications received on December 5, 2010)
No jump and now it is 11-12 months! I'M FRUSTRATED! :'(

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Teriskier said:
I am so unbelievably frustrated with immigration canada!!!!

We sent my police record from the United States in addition to a solemn affirmatino regarding the fact that I could not receive a police record from the Turks and Caicos Islands and a letter was sent to us yesterday asking for a police clearnace from Turks and Caicos Island....is my IO a *censored word*ing idiot? Can he not read the letter that said I attempted to obtain one and nothing was sent!!!!!

I am ready to give up...I am a 26 year old female from the US, I happened to spend 7.5 months living in Turks and Caicos working at a resort and it is preventing me from completing my immigration file...it shouldn't be this difficult. At this rate my partner and I are just going to move back to the US! The worst part...I can't even speak to anyone about it...when I call the CIC help line they can't offer anything, I am so fed up with this process.

Excuse my language but it BULL*censored word*!
I'm sorry to hear that, well at least you are an American Citizen, and heck the U.S is a damn good place. Also it'll be pretty fast for your husband to get a Green card there, spousal sponsorships are faster there.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Babyhangon said:
Friend, need your help!!!

My wife's ecas now says: (she is the applicant)

We received your application for permanent residence on December 8, 2010.
We started processing your application on January 26, 2011.
We received the requested information on February 16, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.
A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

My ecas says: (I am her sponsor)

We received your application to sponsor (NAME) on December 8, 2010.
We started processing your application on November 17, 2011.
We sent you a letter on November 17, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Could please someone tell me if this is good news for us? We haven't received any physical letter as yet.
I am waiting here anxiously. Thanks a million in advance!!!
Congratulations Babyhangon,you have AIP(1st stage approval) ;D ;D ;D ;D...now the waiting game continues