Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hi greenleader, if you like you can join us in the inland 2011 thread.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-application-2011-t67267.1125.html

moony

Oct 10, 2011
tozo said:
congratulations moony ;D for second stage approval,well with the landing interview its depends on each local office .Call CIC and find out ,they can give you an estimated time frame to have your landing interview at your local office.YES you will have to wait for the local office to contact you via mail and some times they contact via phone depending on the IO.The letter will indicate how to pay the fees and all other instructions with regards to photo size etc....

hope this helps you.....time to celebrate 8)
Thank you Tozo for info. :) I wish you to receive good news very soon!!!!

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Good morning guys. I'm been around and trying to find another company to sponsor me.
Yeah, I tried cold letters and applied for jobs daily. Now, one company contacted me to ask if I can travel to U.S or Vancouver (other provinces of Canada). I know for sure I can't travel to U.S so the answer was no. Now, the only question I have is: can I travel to other provinces of Canada.
My closed work permit is still valid now and it states clearly that I'm not allowed to go out of Ontario.
However, I read here and there, during waiting time of PR processing, I can travel as long as I don't go out of Canada.
I just send out my PR app with OWP last month. CIC didn't even open it yet. Am I counted as under PR process?

If I can answer yes to that question, the company will interview me. I know if the company accepts to sponsor me, they may sponsor me under closed work permit, not the open one. That means I'm going to be under the constraint that not allowed to travel out of Ontario. It's just like a loop hole for me.

I don't know if I apply for extending my CWP to change the condition right now with a new company, will CIC issue me an OWP or a closed one :(
Does anyone hit the same case? Please kindly advise me. I'm kind of happy and worried at the same time now. It's too bad if I lose this company like I lost all of others before just because of .B.S. constraints on my CWP. Please please help me! Thanks in advance.

P/S: CWP = closed work permit; OWP = open work permit

oceans_end

Star Member
Dec 16, 2009
I'm at 12 month after AIP, should I contact my MP regarding this? CIC is basically telling me background check is still being done, and don't know how long it takes. I send my app March 2010, got AIP Dec 2010.

leo_liu

Nov 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2010
Med's Done....
01-11-2010
Interview........
21-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-02-2012
babel, I think they are on early december right now. I know its going past 11months but be patient, it will come. Btw, any decembers getting approved.
I got approved on Oct 25, 2011.

Do you guys have any rough idea how long the second stage would take? i know its case by case...lol, however to me.... i cant imagin anyone could easier than a person came ten years ago just after high school and lived in Canada for 10 year already....married a girl who is Canadian....lol . i m doing this only because of my love... but... it takes FOREVER.... thanks for hearing... i know we all "hangin there"... hang on tight!

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
oceans_end said:
I'm at 12 month after AIP, should I contact my MP regarding this? CIC is basically telling me background check is still being done, and don't know how long it takes. I send my app March 2010, got AIP Dec 2010.
I called my MP and she checked for us and she emailed me yesterday telling me the background checks are still being done. She said she will check in two weeks. It worth a try.

californiajeninca

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tomorrow, at 10am I will officially be a new resident of Canada. I am so thankful that this journey is almost complete and another journey is about to begin. The door is open ...I shall walk though!

I also want to tell everyone who is waiting either for AIP, second stage, appeal or their circle is just beginning. It will come to you. Seek support in any way you can, be busy, think positively no matter if you're worried or sad, love your partner and your family: tell them how much you love them often. My husband has been my rock this whole time. The day for you WILL come.

Congratulations, moony! and Leo_liu! I think 2nd stage approval varies and may depend on if you have your documents: meds, finerprints,ect done and sent off. Would anyone of us take this hard path if it weren't for love? Love makes you do wonderful, waky things.

leo_liu

Nov 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2010
Med's Done....
01-11-2010
Interview........
21-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-02-2012
californiajeninca said:
Tomorrow, at 10am I will officially be a new resident of Canada. I am so thankful that this journey is almost complete and another journey is about to begin. The door is open ...I shall walk though!

I also want to tell everyone who is waiting either for AIP, second stage, appeal or their circle is just beginning. It will come to you. Seek support in any way you can, be busy, think positively no matter if you're worried or sad, love your partner and your family: tell them how much you love them often. My husband has been my rock this whole time. The day for you WILL come.

Congratulations, moony! and Leo_liu! I think 2nd stage approval varies and may depend on if you have your documents: meds, finerprints,ect done and sent off. Would anyone of us take this hard path if it weren't for love? Love makes you do wonderful, waky things.
Congratz!!! Truely happy for you and warmest regards!

themount

Oct 27, 2011
App. received 29th NOV 2010
Started processing !3th Jan 2011
AIP 14th Nov 2011
OWP 14th Nov 2011

We both just received letters saying we met eligibility requirments and they are doing background checks and medicals, we sent all the doc's necessary and haven't approved both stages at the same time. We will be incredibly upset if it takes 8 months or more for the next step. Our processing officer called us for extra info and mentioned she'd be away for 3 weeks vacation now.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
hatrang said:
Good morning guys. I'm been around and trying to find another company to sponsor me.
Yeah, I tried cold letters and applied for jobs daily. Now, one company contacted me to ask if I can travel to U.S or Vancouver (other provinces of Canada). I know for sure I can't travel to U.S so the answer was no. Now, the only question I have is: can I travel to other provinces of Canada.
My closed work permit is still valid now and it states clearly that I'm not allowed to go out of Ontario.
However, I read here and there, during waiting time of PR processing, I can travel as long as I don't go out of Canada.
I just send out my PR app with OWP last month. CIC didn't even open it yet. Am I counted as under PR process?

If I can answer yes to that question, the company will interview me. I know if the company accepts to sponsor me, they may sponsor me under closed work permit, not the open one. That means I'm going to be under the constraint that not allowed to travel out of Ontario. It's just like a loop hole for me.

I don't know if I apply for extending my CWP to change the condition right now with a new company, will CIC issue me an OWP or a closed one :(
Does anyone hit the same case? Please kindly advise me. I'm kind of happy and worried at the same time now. It's too bad if I lose this company like I lost all of others before just because of .B.S. constraints on my CWP. Please please help me! Thanks in advance.
Yes, you're allowed to travel through Canada, as long as you travel direct (so no transfers or shortcuts through the US). If you have a visa that's multi-entry, you could even travel to the US for as long as it's valid. Maybe check with CIC what it would take to get a new multi-entry visa for you to do business trips to the US.

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
I am so unbelievably frustrated with immigration canada!!!!

We sent my police record from the United States in addition to a solemn affirmatino regarding the fact that I could not receive a police record from the Turks and Caicos Islands and a letter was sent to us yesterday asking for a police clearnace from Turks and Caicos Island....is my IO a fucking idiot? Can he not read the letter that said I attempted to obtain one and nothing was sent!!!!!

I am ready to give up...I am a 26 year old female from the US, I happened to spend 7.5 months living in Turks and Caicos working at a resort and it is preventing me from completing my immigration file...it shouldn't be this difficult. At this rate my partner and I are just going to move back to the US! The worst part...I can't even speak to anyone about it...when I call the CIC help line they can't offer anything, I am so fed up with this process.

Excuse my language but it BULLSHIT!

Angus

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi 2010 thread! I know the Dec 2010 people who haven't got AIP yet don't want to hear this (I'm sorry), but I received a very interesting letter in the post today and I just want to confirm if this is what I think it is...

My husband and I got letters from CIC today, both dated September 26, 2011

My Letter - (1 page, double-sided letter):
“This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident status as a member of the spouse of common-law partner in Canada class. However, a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background...

You may now apply for an open work permit...”

My husband's (Sponsor) letter - (3 page letter):
“This letter refers to the application to sponsor a member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class you submitted to this office on behalf of ****ME**** and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence will be processed separately and the applicant will hear for this office shortly

...”

My eCas is still just showing this:

We received your application for permanent residence on July 21, 2011.

We started processing your application on September 26, 2011.

Can someone confirm if this is what you got when you received AIP. Thanks

Edit: Just logged in under my husband’s UCI it shows:

Sponsorship Application Status – Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status – In Process

If I click on ‘Decision Made’ it has:
We received your application to sponsor ***ME*** on July 21, 2011.

We started processing your application on August 17, 2011.

We sent you a letter on September 26, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Yes, it looks like AiP. Wow, it's incredible! How did you jump the waiting line? :)

@Teriskier: What an incredible IO you have. Try to give CIC a call and ask for a manager to resolve this, maybe they can communicate something to Vegreville for you?

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
Hey Angus,

OMG!! U got AIP in 2 months!! Wow! Are you related to Jason Kennedy in any way? lol
Congrats nevertheless! :)

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011