Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
And this is why I am glad I have already stayed a year and a half here already. ;D
By the time I probably get AIP, I will have been here two years and even with it only counting half days I will already have a year done from the 2. It will be so good to be able to apply sooner for citizenship.

Good luck everyone. Please stay strong and thanks for bumping the thread. Sorry for not posting more but I have been trying to be a good stay at home wife for now and cleaning the house, making supper, watching tv (lol). Post any information you get. Wishing you all strength, patience, and smooth processing. This wait is worth it.

P.S. Just think, even if it takes you 3-5 or so years to get your PR (worst case scenario), by the time you get PR status you will already be close to being a citizen. 8)

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Love_Young said:
And this is why I am glad I have already stayed a year and a half here already. ;D
By the time I probably get AIP, I will have been here two years and even with it only counting half days I will already have a year done from the 2. It will be so good to be able to apply sooner for citizenship.

Good luck everyone. Please stay strong and thanks for bumping the thread. Sorry for not posting more but I have been trying to be a good stay at home wife for now and cleaning the house, making supper, watching tv (lol). Post any information you get. Wishing you all strength, patience, and smooth processing. This wait is worth it.

P.S. Just think, even if it takes you 3-5 or so years to get your PR (worst case scenario), by the time you get PR status you will already be close to being a citizen. 8)
Just to correct you here..In order to be eligible to apply for citizen ship, It is mandatory to spent 2 years out of three after getting Permanent residence. Any thing before that count as a half day , and you can only go back 2 years behind from the day you got permanent residency...

From CIC website:
What is the residence requirement?
To be eligible for Canadian citizenship, you must have lived in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) out of the four years (1,460 days) preceding your application. Please note that you cannot meet the residence requirements for citizenship without a minimum of two (2) years as a permanent resident.

When calculating your time in Canada:

* only the four (4) years preceding the date of your application are taken into account;
* each day you lived in Canada before you became a permanent resident counts as half a day;
* each day you lived in Canada after you became a permanent resident counts as one day;
* time spent serving a sentence for an offence in Canada (e.g. prison, penitentiary, jail, reformatory, conditional sentence, probation and/or parole) cannot be counted toward residence - there are some exceptions to this rule;
* absences from Canada may have an impact on your residence. Only a citizenship judge can determine if you meet the residence requirements with fewer than 1,095 days of physical presence.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Thanks for the correction. Well at least you can still count two years prior to your PR and then count after that. Either way we will still be able to apply a far bit sooner for citizenship than others.

Just wondering, since they count half days towards citizenship prior to PR approval, does that mean they will only count 2 years (like 2008-2010) prior to PR status or two years meaning you actually stayed four but since they only count it as half days then it equals to two years?

So to better explain, are they meaning which of these:
2 years (meaning actual years 08-10)
OR
2 years (meaning you actually stayed 4 physical years but counting half days it counts as 2 years)

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
i bet its 2 years like 2008-2010. so u are getting 1 whole year.
unfortunately it doesnt concern me much because im not planning to apply for citizenship so far. if i get citizenship of Canada, i will loose my home citizenship.. which i dont want to happen. unless they will make dual citizenship, but that wont be soon.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Love_Young said:
Thanks for the correction. Well at least you can still count two years prior to your PR and then count after that. Either way we will still be able to apply a far bit sooner for citizenship than others.

Just wondering, since they count half days towards citizenship prior to PR approval, does that mean they will only count 2 years (like 2008-2010) prior to PR status or two years meaning you actually stayed four but since they only count it as half days then it equals to two years?

So to better explain, are they meaning which of these:
2 years (meaning actual years 08-10)
OR
2 years (meaning you actually stayed 4 physical years but counting half days it counts as 2 years)

YUp its the first option...

As it says... each day you lived in Canada before you became a permanent resident counts as half a day;

BUT at the same time it says... you cannot meet the residence requirements for citizenship without a minimum of two (2) years as a permanent resident.

SO in order to be eligible, you must have 2 years residency as a permanent resident... Plus what ever time period you have prior to that...

Also there is a clause that says "only the four (4) years preceding the date of your application are taken into account;" so doesn't matter if you have lived 10 years before getting eligible.. they will only consider 4 years.. .. And you will only be eligible after 2 years of getting permanent resident..

For example... Lets say a person got a permanent residency today i.e September 6th 2010, This person is living in Canada since September 2003. He will only be eligible to apply for citizen ship on September 6th 2012. And he can only consider four year preceding from September 6th 2012, that makes it September 6th 2008. Please note: Any days you were out of Canada between sept 2008- 2010 Sill not count towards, and you have to make it those days even after September 2012.. because in this example case... you cannot go behind any more than September 6th 2008...

konstantinos

Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
hello, just introducing myself, it's nice to find one thread more for people that applied inland. You can see my timeline,I just update it, recently I have also been able to log in at the CIC website. Good luck to everybody, I 'm sure soon we will see the processing times decrease the same way we saw them increase!

hello8888

May 29, 2009
We applied Inland in April, according to the processing time page they only processed up to Nov 2009, but we did receive a letter requesting for my wife's x-ray since she was pregnant at the time so she didn't do the x-ray, does this mean they started processing early? or are they just opening the packages to make sure everything is inside ready for processing and filing them in timeline fashion?

I still cannot get into e-cas with my info, im the sponsor....?

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
hello8888 said:
We applied Inland in April, according to the processing time page they only processed up to Nov 2009, but we did receive a letter requesting for my wife's x-ray since she was pregnant at the time so she didn't do the x-ray, does this mean they started processing early? or are they just opening the packages to make sure everything is inside ready for processing and filing them in timeline fashion?

I still cannot get into e-cas with my info, im the sponsor....?
u should log in with sponsored person's data not with sponsor's. usually firstly they open packages and check if everything is in place. then they put ur data on computers. and then hell knows in what order they process applications. the date that u see on their site means they are finishing with those ppl's AIP (not starting their apps, but finishing with their AIP).

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Asta said:
u should log in with sponsored person's data not with sponsor's. usually firstly they open packages and check if everything is in place. then they put ur data on computers. and then hell knows in what order they process applications. the date that u see on their site means they are finishing with those ppl's AIP (not starting their apps, but finishing with their AIP).
Really?.. i thought as soon as they start opening applications they start processing?. Okay i guess i didnt know!...

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Black-Berry said:
Really?.. i thought as soon as they start opening applications they start processing?. Okay i guess i didnt know!...
depends what do u mean by application being processed?
i understand like this - it is opened, data put to computer, and file been put to a pile of other papers for its turn among tens of thousands of others. i believe u need only one day to read all the forms, copy it to database, and see if photos are real or posing is fake :D what else can u do with those papers for lets say 4 months? keep it in a pile.

mm04

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2011
Med's Done....
07-08-2010
LANDED..........
13-07-2011 (Vancouver)
Hello just introducing myself,

My fiancée and me sent our inland application yesterday to Vegreville and they received it today.
Let's hope the application process will be smooth & fast.

All the best & good luck to all fellow 2010 inland applicants. :)

mm04

tita

Jun 8, 2010
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 july 2010
Med's Done....
july 2010
Hi! just introducing myself, i sent my app with initial owp the 31 of july to VEGREVILLE and was received the 1 of august. im living with my hubby in quebec and applying for staying here. does anyone else living in quebec in this forum...

how do i get the number for the e cas and if i call to get the number what kind of questions they will ask, i say it just to be prepared thank you!

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Asta said:
depends what do u mean by application being processed?
i understand like this - it is opened, data put to computer, and file been put to a pile of other papers for its turn among tens of thousands of others. i believe u need only one day to read all the forms, copy it to database, and see if photos are real or posing is fake :D what else can u do with those papers for lets say 4 months? keep it in a pile.
:) at this point cant think of anything otherwise??. Lol. They did seuest info sometime in June. SO i am guessing they take three to four months to do every stage??. I mean if they checked if i had everything they would have sent the request info form earlier when they put it in the database??. Am just saying.
After all this i would hate to be rejected and told we are fake!!..
I also hope they get their behibnds cracking and start processing!.
has Everyone in Nov. got their stuff yet??

hello8888

May 29, 2009
well I used the sponsored person's info and still cant find the application.... damn another 30mins wait with the call center...

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Seems like things are back on track.. CIC has finished processing up to December 8th 2010.