24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
Charlamag said:
I only received one letter today.

I checked the site and it says that -

"We received your application to sponsor on November 8, 2010.

We started processing your application on September 30, 2011.

We sent you a letter on September 30, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

The letter says that I have been approved as a sponsor and that the Application for PR will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from them shortly.

That's all that I have so far.
Congratulations, you got both stages!!!

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
AnnaLin said:
I got both DM in sponsor and applicant. I think I got both stages. This update came from this morning.

[..]

Good luck to the others!
By the way, I did name check only and didn't provide any fingerprint to CIC or other authority.
Congrats! You got first and second stage approval together! So now you only need to await your landing interview. You're almost there!! :D

tplink1357 said:
Congrats. Maybe in the letter they will require u to do the fingerprints.
That's very rare. Nobody needs to do a fingerprints check, unless you're suspected of serious crime. And in this case it already said 'Decision made', they won't conduct more research after DM.

canadiancitizen said:
mmm I dont see it that way.. the mail office received it only, but they starting the PROCESS in December!!! in my case, I sent it on May 10... but they only started processing it on May 24 so I would say May 24 is the time they starting to work on my file and not when they received it... TGIF... and a long weekend as well... happy thnksgiving guys!!!
The processing date means nothing. The date of reception is the important one for counting the entire processing time. (Some people have bogus Processing Starting Dates, but the AiP date makes sense with the Reception Date.)

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
It's written on the Application Guide that they start counting of the whole process the moment they received our application. It's unfair if they start counting when the moment they started the process. I noticed that each application don't have the axact number of days to start the process after CIC office received an application.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
We are so happy, yesterday we received from CIC the letter we need to send to MICC so Quebec could approve me as a sponsor ... They also gave me an ID number, so I went to check my ECAS and bingo... it shows that my application has been sent to MICC and is in process. these are good news!!! Under my ECAS page says:

We received your application to sponsor husban's name on May 10, 2011.
We started processing your application on October 3, 2011.

Happy thanksgiving everybody!

santacruzan

Star Member
Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may 20
Doc's Request.
dec 7' 2010
AOR Received.
July 05, 2011
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
August 3 2011
Mark_Anna said:
Hello Inlanders friends,

Especially those who applied in 2010 (June),
After my AIP & OWP on 6th April 2011 now I finished 6 months for second stage approval but no reply yet. Here is my time line below:

We received your application for permanent residence on June 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 26, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on March 10, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on August 8, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.
Were on the same boat Ana still trying to be patient...
i am wondering i am pregnant now dont know if it will affects on my applications...

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
gigi1612 said:
Happy Thaksgiving to you too!

You have helped us a lot during this long process.

I hope to get the second approval soon and who knows maybe we will take a trip to St John's and pay you a visit. My husband's family live in the maritimes.
This message was intended to be sent to Love_Young

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
BenderS said:
how come some get both stages at once and others just 1 at a time ? :(
Hi,

It is depending on how complicated the case is, the country of origin of the applicant and god knows what else- maybe luck. I was approved for both stages at the same time in May and thinking back our case was simple simple: first marriage for both of us or even living with someone, I was on a study then work permit, in Canada already before we even met and never been out of status, had savings and all kind of joint posessions together like home, car, bank accounts, retirement plans ect. They had my security checks done by April way before the approval- I ordered FOSS and I made sure to prepare a well supported application also sent further evidence proactively twice during the process.
I also do think there is a human factor: the IO is revising your application. Ours landed on a good desk probably.:) Best of luck and tons of patience as it is the most needed thing!

whiteapple

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm landed as PR last July but because of some issues, I haven't gotten my PR card yet. I come from a Visa Non-exempt country and I really need to travel soon. Am I allowed to apply for a Canadian Visa just so I can travel and come back here?

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
@Whiteapple: I suppose you need to request a visa, but you should call CIC to check. :)

billybob

Sep 14, 2011
Hi all

I am a "newbie" but have been following this forum for a long time now.

I just logged onto ecas minutes ago and found the following...

We received your application for permanent residence on November 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on December 29, 2010.

We sent you a letter on October 6, 2011 to xxxxxxxxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

From this 'standard' text that I have seen other post many times, I am assuming this is good news (?). Can anyone confirm this?? I am now very nervous to check the mail next week...

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi,guys,i have a new question.
This month,I renewed my passport .And the passport number is different with the old one.
Now, i want to send a mail to CIC to explain that. Cause I still wait for my final decision.(I got the AIP on this April,2011)
Cause this is not a new application, it just an update information. I want them add this to my file .My question is "Do I need to write something on the envelope?",or just mail it to CPC Vegreville
Permanent Residence Applications
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB?

Thanks !!!

moony

Oct 10, 2011
Hi everybody. I have some questions. Probably you can help me to understand what is going on with my application and how long I have to wait to receive PR. My situation is next:
We received your application for permanent residence on June 28, 2010.

We started processing your application on September 9, 2010.

We received the requested information on March 12, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on July 7, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on August 19, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

And one more thing - recently I received work permit. And that's all - no news.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
billybob said:
Hi all

I am a "newbie" but have been following this forum for a long time now.

I just logged onto ecas minutes ago and found the following...

We received your application for permanent residence on November 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on December 29, 2010.

We sent you a letter on October 6, 2011 to xxxxxxxxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

From this 'standard' text that I have seen other post many times, I am assuming this is good news (?). Can anyone confirm this?? I am now very nervous to check the mail next week...

CONGRATULATIONS .billyboy........this is combo .you got approved for both first and second stages...... now your local office will contact you for your landing interview:D :D :D :D :D

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moony said:
Hi everybody. I have some questions. Probably you can help me to understand what is going on with my application and how long I have to wait to receive PR. My situation is next:
We received your application for permanent residence on June 28, 2010.

We started processing your application on September 9, 2010.

We received the requested information on March 12, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on July 7, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on August 19, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

And one more thing - recently I received work permit. And that's all - no news.

congratulations Moony,you got first stage approval that was why you just received your OWP.You just have some patience for the second stage but its depends on each case.the second stage is up to 9 months.hopefully you will not get to that time to be approved.may i ask whats kind of document they requested from you. ;D ;D

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ppmmwanm said:
hi,guys,i have a new question.
This month,I renewed my passport .And the passport number is different with the old one.
Now, i want to send a mail to CIC to explain that. Cause I still wait for my final decision.(I got the AIP on this April,2011)
Cause this is not a new application, it just an update information. I want them add this to my file .My question is "Do I need to write something on the envelope?",or just mail it to CPC Vegreville
Permanent Residence Applications
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB?

Thanks !!!
well you can write on the envelope attached to file ASAP thank you.and highlight it.hope this helps you.good luck