+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

murphy

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
Charlamag said:
;D OK...I just got the mail and in it - a letter from CIC.

I am confused.

All the letter says is that I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor, and I now have a client ID number.
It then says that the Application for PR will be processed separately and that the applicant will hear from the office shortly.

That's it.

So what happens now?
it means you are approved as sponsor.....you have now your client id on the right top of the paper.......then just wait for the second stage approval
of the one you sponsor.....

Charlamag

Aug 31, 2011
Thank you!
Should I get excited yet? This process is very different than the one in the States so I am confused. My apologies.
So, I have 1st stage approval. Is this what people have been calling AIP?
They have received all medicals etc and said 'shortly' on the letter...do you think 'shortly' is really 'short' time wise?
One more question from info on here I find confusing.
Will I have to go to some sort of interview or landing?
My husband and I are both in Canada of course - but will I have to go to an interview or get papers stamped or anything? I live in Ontario.

Thanks! :D

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
First congrats to everyone who got AIP and DM. I am so happy for you guys. I cannot wait until the day that they start working on Jan.2011.

Charlamag, what does your e-cas say?

Mark_Anna, hang in there. I know this is tuff. CIC does not make anything easy. Did you guys have a difficult case at all?

Serendipidy, not sure about your question. I know nothing about the refugee process.

LY, you are missing in action girl. LOL. You probably started your new job. Can we please get a chart update when you can? There is so much wonderful news.

canadian citizen, I think you are wrong. It does not matter when they started processing your file. They go by the date on there website gove or take 1 or 2 weeks ahead of that.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING CIC FAMILY!

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Charlamag said:
Thank you!
Should I get excited yet? This process is very different than the one in the States so I am confused. My apologies.
So, I have 1st stage approval. Is this what people have been calling AIP?
They have received all medicals etc and said 'shortly' on the letter...do you think 'shortly' is really 'short' time wise?
One more question from info on here I find confusing.
Will I have to go to some sort of interview or landing?
My husband and I are both in Canada of course - but will I have to go to an interview or get papers stamped or anything? I live in Ontario.

Thanks! :D

yeah ,you have been approval as a sponsor .....may i ask how many letters did you get in the mail....hopefully one for you and the other for the sponsored person.if that is the case then you have got AIP that is first stage approval and you have to wait for the second stage which according to cic its takes up to 9 months but its depends on each case.after you get the second stage approval cic will send you a letter to confirm that and your file transfer to your local office for them to contact you for the landing interview for you to become a permanent residence.
just hang in there.....welcome to the thread. when did they receive and start processing your application the your time line.whats the ecas say about the sponsored person application. 8)

Charlamag

Aug 31, 2011
I only received one letter today.

I checked the site and it says that -

"We received your application to sponsor on November 8, 2010.

We started processing your application on September 30, 2011.

We sent you a letter on September 30, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

The letter says that I have been approved as a sponsor and that the Application for PR will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from them shortly.

That's all that I have so far.

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
angtao said:
First congrats to everyone who got AIP and DM. I am so happy for you guys. I cannot wait until the day that they start
canadian citizen, I think you are wrong. It does not matter when they started processing your file. They go by the date on there website gove or take 1 or 2 weeks ahead of that.
I have a very close close very close person that works for CIC... and the process really starts when the application leaves the Mail Room and not when it gets delivered.
Per example... if the application gets to CIC by Fedex on 2nd of May, does not mean that they will treat it in the same week or within 10 days, it might take, depending how many they got in that week, up to 2 months as we can see in LY table. Once it get to CIC, someone stamps it then put it in a bin, then they move it to another department for review , at that moment your timing starts "IN PROCESS"... check LY table and see some people took them almost 2 months from the date of delivery to the ECAS ... so when it shows IN PROCESS means that the agent is working on your application but depend on your application. Then you need to see how many applications they received in a daily basis... when we went for the medical exams, within 2 hours we saw 8 people having their medical exams for the same cause... the Table in CIC is just a tool to keep people out of calling every day... if your application is missing information/or docs... gets to a bin, and there is the problem, you are going to wait unitl thheAgent clears her desk the rules I think is 2 weeks, if you dont have your information sent back to htem, then another 2 weeks... so between that it could take up to 2 to 3 months for them to take back your application.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
angtao said:
LY, you are missing in action girl. LOL. You probably started your new job. Can we please get a chart update when you can? There is so much wonderful news.
Yeah, I know I need to get back into action. I actually wrote on page 487 at the bottom as to my main reason for not being here so often. Today is hubby's birthday today so I don't want to take away from that so maybe tomorrow? I really need the catch up. Congrats everyone. :D

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Charlamag said:

We sent you a letter on September 30, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

The letter says that I have been approved as a sponsor and that the Application for PR will be processed separately and the applicant will hear from them shortly.

charlamag,so whats does the sponsored person ecas says ....hopefully they are working on it.

Babyhangon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2010
AOR Received.
AIP 21-11-2011
LANDED..........
02-04-2012
Terrific! Congrats!!
Don't understand why CIC put Nov.2 on their website if they have actually approved apps received on Nov.15.
It's getting close to our case. I am very nervous and don't know what to do. I hope the thick pile we sent over could convince them with ease.
Keep it up, everyone. Happy Thanksgiving!

AnnaLin said:
I got both DM in sponsor and applicant. I think I got both stages. This update came from this morning.

We received your application for permanent residence on November 15, 2010.

We started processing your application on December 30, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on April 1, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.
(We bought a house, so we sent some documents.)

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on October 5, 2011 to -------- about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Good luck to the others!
By the way, I did name check only and didn't provide any fingerprint to CIC or other authority.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
AnnaLin said:
I got both DM in sponsor and applicant. I think I got both stages. This update came from this morning.

We received your application for permanent residence on November 15, 2010.

We started processing your application on December 30, 2010.

We received the requested information on April 1, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.
(We bought a house, so we sent some documents.)

We sent you a letter on October 5, 2011 to -------- about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Good luck to the others!
By the way, I did name check only and didn't provide any fingerprint to CIC or other authority.
Yes, congrats you got both. :)

Charlamag said:

Congratulations you got approved for both. ;)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Charlamag said:
Thanks Love Young!

Are you saying we have received both stages of approval with this letter?
You're welcome. Yes, you were approved for both. The applicant and sponsor letter come separately in the mail but close to the same time.

ppmmwanm

Star Member
May 22, 2011
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:
Hello Inlanders friends,

Especially those who applied in 2010 (June),
After my AIP & OWP on 6th April 2011 now I finished 6 months for second stage approval but no reply yet. Here is my time line below:

We received your application for permanent residence on June 16, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 26, 2010.

We received the requested information on March 10, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on August 8, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.
same here
applied in April.2010. got the AIP on the Apr.6th,2011( the same as you)
but no news till now~~~~

LuckyJinx

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 1st 2010
File Transfer...
Oct. 27 2011
Med's Done....
Jan. 17 2011/ Re-Done Oct. 10 2012
Interview........
Jan. 31 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Work permit issued Jan. 31 2012
LANDED..........
Feb 4th 2013.....Finally!!!!!
First of all congrats to all that got their approval!

I see that they worked on apps. Received on Nov. 15 and since I'm Dec. 1 I should be hearing from them in a week or two :D yeyyyy

I hope it'll be good news from them ???

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
angtao said:
First congrats to everyone who got AIP and DM. I am so happy for you guys. I cannot wait until the day that they start working on Jan.2011.

Charlamag, what does your e-cas say?

Mark_Anna, hang in there. I know this is tuff. CIC does not make anything easy. Did you guys have a difficult case at all?

Serendipidy, not sure about your question. I know nothing about the refugee process.

Happy Thaksgiving to you too!

You have helped us a lot during this long process.

I hope to get the second approval soon and who knows maybe we will take a trip to St John's and pay you a visit. My husband's family live in the maritimes.