Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Med's Done....
08-04-2010
Jurjen said:
Write with a big marker (so in big letters) on the back of the envelope: "PLEASE ADD TO FILE ASAP".

I did it this way and my information was added to my file (visibly on eCas) a week after reception. Normally it takes 2 months.
Another thing I learn ...thanks you!
I am about to send them an updated letter too. There is an important error i found through my foss notes, and I was advised to send them a letter as they can't update through the phone.

hatrang said:
Hi agatha52, thanks a lot for the excellent info
. You got through the huge milestones in your life, didn't you? I'm happy for you at the end.
We're almost the same, under financial strains and no OHIP. Therefore, all advices to save up money are helpful.
Yeah and I'm in that circle too. That's one of the reasons I have to put everything together myself.
I also want to do paperwork myself because I'm the only person understanding well my situation.
We learn new things every day, don't we? I'm so blessed when I know this forum and you guys. Thanks a lot.
You are most welcome hatrang. We all learn something from this forum ..
Best wishes for your application! :-*

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Charlamag said:
Hi jurjen,

Yes, we tried to log in using our reference number on our receipt as indicated on the website. It would not work at all - we've tried sporadically over the months to no avail. People should be aware that not everyone is able to access ecas in the same manner.

My husband was not here on a work visa so we had no other ID to use.

I had called them as the sponsor to try and get an ID number but since I am not the applicant,they would not speak to me about the status etc. My spouse then called them and answered all the questions and still was not given an ID number nor any other information such as processing date. They did confirm that they received it and my error, it was November 8, 2010 and not the 5th. All they would say is that it was being processed and we should hear something soon. Just an FYI for anyone - make sure you have all of your information in front of you because my husband had a brain fart and couldn't recall his phone number and when I was spouting off the number to him, they told him that was a no-no and they almost hung up on him. He recalled in the end - but it was like a few seconds of tension there!
Does he have visitor record/entry visa/study permit even if it's expired ? If he did, you could find client number that looks like
****-**** then you can use it to log on Ecas...

Charlamag

Aug 31, 2011
No, he has no other numbers.

We are not newlyweds and older than most applicants I would assume - no visa, no student numbers etc.

Charlamag

Aug 31, 2011
Hi Love Young,

I called a month or so ago and they would not release any information to me.

My husband called the other day.

I have been through the immigration process in the USA a number of years ago and it was different than it is here. I'm glad to be home but the wait is long and it is much harder to get moving along with anything when you're on hold as we all understand.

mexicanito

Star Member
Aug 22, 2011
edmonton
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just wanted to share something with you guys...

So like most of you, I am not able to work... It has being a year since I received a paycheck hehehe... My wife makes good money but not enough to let us enjoy certain things on life to its full extend... and I do not feel like I contribute enough to the family

So if any of us without an OWP finds a job, chances are it will be working under the table... And that was happened to me... I know is illegal and all that, so save your ethical accusations hehehe...

Anyway... I found a job working for these mexican guys -just like me- that work in the construction field as painters, so they go into a house that is being built up, and paint the house... sounds easy but it is not...

So the guys picked me up at a savon store one day in the morning, and they were talking about how this new white guy they had just hired 4 days ago was not interested in going back to work, I thought he may just be lazy, how hard can be part of a painting crew??? Anyway, the boss is nice, but his sidekick is super rude... like seriously rude... he just hates my guts because I was raised in Mexico City... he is mean, they exploit me, we do not take breaks at all -10-12 hrs- our lunch time is like 12 minutes, even though is suppose to be 30 mins, they start asking me to do stuff within 10 minutes of my lunch time... they ask me to do stuff and expect me to be perfect and they do not show me how to do it, when we set the working conditions they asked me if I had experience painting, and I don't, I do in framing and plumbing, but not painting, so they said they would teach me but they would have to pay me much less... most people they have quit during the 1st week... I really want to work, but this job is awful...

COULD CIC PLEASE BE FASTER SO WE GO BACK TO A NORMAL LIFESTYLE ????? PLEAAAAAASE...

Please do not think I am just lazy... I have worked in construction before, and I have worked in an office environment and if I could pick between both I would pick construction because I do like physical work... but what these guys do is closer to exploitation...

Have you had any ugly experience working for somebody? not just here in canada... like, have you ever????

Charlamag

Aug 31, 2011
I'm not spouting any ethics but I just wouldn't take a chance with immigration and do anything illegal - and that's what working without legal documentation is - illegal.

I am working part time after having full time work and yes, things are tight, but there is just no way that my husband will work without being legal here. I'm confidant that we will hear something quite soon and then we can move ahead through the proper channels.

I agree the wait is extremely long and it plays havoc with the social and financial aspect of it all, but our choice is to follow the legal path for his permanent residency and since he is so in love with Canada, he has already counting down to citizenship.

He has done some volunteer work as a way to keep busy and integrate himself into the community but a paid job he hasn't had, so can't comment on exploitation or things like that. Hopefully you will hear something soon....

lemony_20

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/10
Doc's Request.
13/09/11
AOR Received.
AIP 22/9/2011
Med's Done....
23/06/11
Interview........
TBA
LANDED..........
...waiting...
I just got off the phone with CIC. They told me I received first stage approval yesterday!

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
Congrats Lemony_20, you passed the first round, wooohoooooo!

lemony_20

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/11/10
Doc's Request.
13/09/11
AOR Received.
AIP 22/9/2011
Med's Done....
23/06/11
Interview........
TBA
LANDED..........
...waiting...
Thank you very much, I am so excited. I started bawling my eyes out for a good 30 minutes...all the anxiety from waiting all those months, and I can finally get a OWP and OHIP...

I am very happy!

Sep 22, 2011
Jurjen said:
Hi MrsHappyTree! Welcome to the thread!

Could you also give the date that CIC started processing your file?

And do you see information on eCas about the medical test being received? That would mean you got accepted for second stage too!
Where are you in Québec? I'm in Montreal! :)
Yes, I do. It says that medical results have been recieved. ;)

agatha52

Aug 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Med's Done....
08-04-2010
Charlamag said:
No, he has no other numbers.

We are not newlyweds and older than most applicants I would assume - no visa, no student numbers etc.
Hi Charmalag..
Like Love young said..keep calling them. each time you call you'll talk to different person and different personality. you'll finally find a nice one. some of them are just not willing to help.
If one did not give the answer, I called the next day and the next day..till I found the nice one.
I was given my ID number through the phone.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
I'm wondering maybe I should call CIC now.....but I'm so worried to hear bad news... :'(

Sep 22, 2011
Hi Love young,

Processing started on 14th Dec. My ecas says that they sent a letter on 15th Sep but the letters we receieved today were dated on 19th! ;)

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I just got off phone with CIC call center and YAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!!

I got the first stage approved and they sent me the letter yesterday.

OMG...I can't breath and nobody is home now, I want to scream.....