Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
HI agatha,

I am in Toronto as well. Where is this place that you used? Can you give me there info?

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Hey guys,

I am sending additional documents tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone has any last minute advice on what I should do to so that my files get attached?

Sep 22, 2011
Hi,

I have been secretly peeking at this thread for a long time! I am also one of you inlanders!
Here is my time line. I am applying from Quebec.

Our application was recieved on 01st Nov 2010.
CSQ approval on 19th July 2011.
AIP and decision made on 15th Sep 2011.

So far we have recieved an open workpermit for me and are hoping to recieve the other letters soon...soon. ;)

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
angtao said:
Hey guys,

I am sending additional documents tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone has any last minute advice on what I should do to so that my files get attached?
1. Send by registered mail
2. If you have an IO, put Attention: IO name
3. Put a note to link to your file, and your file number (assuming envelope is enclosed in a mailing envelope)
4. Enclose a letter indicating your file number, name, other important info, comment to link to your file

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
angtao said:
Hey guys,

Write with a big marker (so in big letters) on the back of the envelope: "PLEASE ADD TO FILE ASAP". Make sure on the cover letter you mention your name, your sponsor's name and both your client ID numbers. Then everything will be fine.

I did it this way and my information was added to my file (visibly on eCas) a week after reception. Normally it takes 2 months.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Mrs happy tree said:
Our application was received on 01st Nov 2010.
Hi MrsHappyTree! Welcome to the thread!

Could you also give the date that CIC started processing your file?

And do you see information on eCas about the medical test being received? That would mean you got accepted for second stage too!
Where are you in Québec? I'm in Montreal! :)

agatha52

Aug 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010
Doc's Request.
-
Med's Done....
08-04-2010
angtao said:
HI agatha,

I am in Toronto as well. Where is this place that you used? Can you give me there info?
Hi angtao

I went to these two places:
1. Midaynta Community Services, yonge and davisville - (416) 544-1992

2. Access Alliance - I think it has different locations, but I went to the one in College st. (College n Spadina) - 416-324-8677

Personally, I prefer the second place although they are busier. you can google them and check the website.
When you call ask them to transfer you to settlement service.

Just to share a little bit here, hopefully it can be useful information for those in TO. The second place also have medical doctor and nurses for newcomers and no OHIP yet, I was told they are funded by third party and generous people. I had so much benefit from it when I was pregnant last year. They take cake of me so well with their super super friendly and experienced midwives. All different kind of blood tests and any other tests (one of them was a test that cost me $1800) that I needed to take during my pregnancy, the regular check ups, all ultrasounds, etc, all doctor's fee in the hospital including including the C-section labor I nearly went it - Thank God it did not happen - we all covered by them. I happened to have a complicated pregnancy and ended having a prematured baby.

Everything would have cost us lots of money. my pregnancy was unexpected :p, I cried when I knew it..too much changes at once, I thought it was too quick for another kid, I was worried, new place, no ohip, I left my quite a good job back home, my son, immigration application. My husband was given only 3 months notice from his company, before we moved here. It's OHH !! :eek:

Anyway, It's a real GOD's Blessings to have have known this place!! We were soooo grateful that we donated in return, I think alot of people who are grateful, give donations in return. Btw, I get to know this place by the nurse/ the front desk lady who worked in one of the walk in clinic I went to. :)

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Mrs happy tree said:
Hi,

I have been secretly peeking at this thread for a long time! I am also one of you inlanders!

So far we have recieved an open workpermit for me and are hoping to recieve the other letters soon...soon. ;)
Hello, when did you receive the open work permit?

Charlamag

Aug 31, 2011
We cannot log onto the ecas in order to view the status or changes, because we don't have an ID number.

All I know is that from a call to the office, the application is in process and we should hear something soon. (their words)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Charlamag said:
Applied Oct 2010.
Received Nov 5 2010.
Silence.
10 months; 17 days and holding.
Could you please provide the date they started processing your application?
You can find out your ID number by contacting CIC. Tell them that you can't log in to check your status and would like to know your client ID number. They will ask a few questions and then give it to you.

Mrs happy tree said:
Hi,

Hi there. Could you please tell me the date your application started processing? Also, was Sept 15th the date listed on the AIP letters? Thanks.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
Charlamag said:
We cannot log onto the ecas in order to view the status or changes, because we don't have an ID number.
If you have previous work permits, it's the same ID number. Have you tried logging in with your payment receipt number?
Otherwise, like LY said, you can call CIC to get your number.

hatrang

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2011
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2011
Interview........
26-11-2012 (landing)
LANDED..........
26-11-2012
agatha52 said:
Hi Hatrang,

I know how stressful it can be to fill up the forms and compiling all the supported documents and papers with it. I remember those day...:)
Here in Toronto, I found there are some community center / charity organization that provides settlement services that helps newcomers in Canada in different area including immigration matters . With their expertise, they help us with information in filling up the forms , how to compile it, what format is best when additional papers required , and they are even willing to fill up everything for us. Simply, anything relevant to it, they are there to help and it's free of charge.

I did not get them to fill up the form, although they offer... ;) I did it myself and later went there ( we have to make appointment) to thoroughly revise word by word, page by page with the officer in charge in settlement service before I made it final and sent to Vegreville. She was very nice and helpful.

I don't know where you are, but maybe you can search if you have it in your area. It is nice to sit down together with someone who knows, has experience with it. :) - instead of keep calling CIC and they put us on hold 10mins or worse, we can't even get the hold of them.
agatha52 said:
Hi angtao

I went to these two places:
1. Midaynta Community Services, yonge and davisville - (416) 544-1992

2. Access Alliance - I think it has different locations, but I went to the one in College st. (College n Spadina) - 416-324-8677

Personally, I prefer the second place although they are busier. you can google them and check the website.
When you call ask them to transfer you to settlement service.

Just to share a little bit here, hopefully it can be useful information for those in TO. The second place also have medical doctor and nurses for newcomers and no OHIP yet, I was told they are funded by third party and generous people. I had so much benefit from it when I was pregnant last year. They take cake of me so well with their super super friendly and experienced midwives. All different kind of blood tests and any other tests (one of them was a test that cost me $1800) that I needed to take during my pregnancy, the regular check ups, all ultrasounds, etc, all doctor's fee in the hospital including including the C-section labor I nearly went it - Thank God it did not happen - we all covered by them. I happened to have a complicated pregnancy and ended having a prematured baby.

Everything would have cost us lots of money. my pregnancy was unexpected :p, I cried when I knew it..too much changes at once, I thought it was too quick for another kid, I was worried, new place, no ohip, I left my quite a good job back home, my son, immigration application. My husband was given only 3 months notice from his company, before we moved here. It's OHH !! :eek:

Anyway, It's a real GOD's Blessings to have have known this place!! We were soooo grateful that we donated in return, I think alot of people who are grateful, give donations in return. Btw, I get to know this place by the nurse/ the front desk lady who worked in one of the walk in clinic I went to. :)
Hi agatha52, thanks a lot for the excellent info
. You got through the huge milestones in your life, didn't you? I'm happy for you at the end.
We're almost the same, under financial strains and no OHIP. Therefore, all advices to save up money are helpful.
Yeah and I'm in that circle too. That's one of the reasons I have to put everything together myself.
I also want to do paperwork myself because I'm the only person understanding well my situation.
We learn new things every day, don't we? I'm so blessed when I know this forum and you guys. Thanks a lot.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Justina, how would I know my IO officers name?

Thanks for the tips guys.

Charlamag

Aug 31, 2011
Hi jurjen,

Yes, we tried to log in using our reference number on our receipt as indicated on the website. It would not work at all - we've tried sporadically over the months to no avail. People should be aware that not everyone is able to access ecas in the same manner.

My husband was not here on a work visa so we had no other ID to use.

I had called them as the sponsor to try and get an ID number but since I am not the applicant,they would not speak to me about the status etc. My spouse then called them and answered all the questions and still was not given an ID number nor any other information such as processing date. They did confirm that they received it and my error, it was November 8, 2010 and not the 5th. All they would say is that it was being processed and we should hear something soon. Just an FYI for anyone - make sure you have all of your information in front of you because my husband had a brain fart and couldn't recall his phone number and when I was spouting off the number to him, they told him that was a no-no and they almost hung up on him. He recalled in the end - but it was like a few seconds of tension there!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Charlamag said:
Hi jurjen,

Yes, we tried to log in using our reference number on our receipt as indicated on the website. It would not work at all - we've tried sporadically over the months to no avail. People should be aware that not everyone is able to access ecas in the same manner.

My husband was not here on a work visa so we had no other ID to use.

I had called them as the sponsor to try and get an ID number but since I am not the applicant,they would not speak to me about the status etc. My spouse then called them and answered all the questions and still was not given an ID number nor any other information such as processing date. They did confirm that they received it and my error, it was November 8, 2010 and not the 5th. All they would say is that it was being processed and we should hear something soon. Just an FYI for anyone - make sure you have all of your information in front of you because my husband had a brain fart and couldn't recall his phone number and when I was spouting off the number to him, they told him that was a no-no and they almost hung up on him. He recalled in the end - but it was like a few seconds of tension there!
When did you call to ask? They aren't allowed to withhold his information. Have him call several more times. Some agents just aren't willing to do anything. Trust me, you will get someone that will help you.