Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Hi everybody,

i would like to ask some info about photos. I will have a landing interview some time soon and i know i have to bring a couple of photos. Do u know what are the requirements for the photos(like passport photos)? they are the same that are going to finish on my permanent resident card or i have to apply later with another photo and what are the photo specs for a permanent resident card ?. anyone can advice me about this? also do you know how long are the photos valid for before i submit the application for permanent resident card?

Thanks for your help!

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Hey Inlandappl! The photo requirements just changed, the measurements are different then they were. You must get an information sheet alongside your interview date. It was included in my envelope what I got from Edmonton, I assume everyone gets it. If not let me know and I will type in the appendix here.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
ditta said:
Hey Inlandappl! The photo requirements just changed, the measurements are different then they were. You must get an information sheet alongside your interview date. It was included in my envelope what I got from Edmonton, I assume everyone gets it. If not let me know and I will type in the appendix here.
Hi Ditta do you know if the photo used at the landing interview is the same that they use for the permanent resident card?

PUZZLED

Mar 14, 2011
Love_Young said:
Hi, pepe. I have been quite busy lately. Hubby and I have been making permanent plans about jobs, school, car, and our own place. And our anniversary is tomorrow so we have been busy planning that. I will try to update it before the weekend is up. Sorry for the lack of one.

Anyway, how is everyone? I didn't have the chance to check the mail today because my MIL left the key for the PO box in her car and she went away for the weekend so I won't get to go until Monday. However, I just awoke from a nap in which I got the mail from immigration so I believe Monday might be the day. ;)
Congratulations Love Young!!!! Finally the longg days of waiting are over. You can get back to your normal life Im so happy for you. Hope you can get that job you wanted soon :) Happy Wedding Anniversary! Cheers and Goodluck!

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
I would say, yes, otherwise why would they need any photos for the landing?

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
ditta said:
I would say, yes, otherwise why would they need any photos for the landing?
i guess so that's why i ask it to people who already landed like you. If you have applied for your card and you didn't have to provide other photos then the photo asked at the interview is the one they will use. did you apply for your PR card?
.... oh i just noticed on your timeline that you are going to land in a few days

Spring4.6.

Feb 6, 2011
Edmonton, Ab.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
I just wanted to say Love Young congratulations!!!!! You are an absolute hero here and I am so happy that your situation got resolved the way it did!!!

Enjoy and all the best!

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Inlandappl said:
Hi everybody,

i would like to ask some info about photos. I will have a landing interview some time soon and i know i have to bring a couple of photos. Do u know what are the requirements for the photos(like passport photos)? they are the same that are going to finish on my permanent resident card or i have to apply later with another photo and what are the photo specs for a permanent resident card ?. anyone can advice me about this? also do you know how long are the photos valid for before i submit the application for permanent resident card?

Thanks for your help!
Also, there is a requirement that the photo should be signed and dated by the photographer? Is this strongly enforced during the landing interview, do they immigration officers check the photograph to see if it is attested by the photographer?

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
kieran123 said:
Thanks pepe

I wish I could. I'm at work and can't really sit on my phone all day waiting to get through - I might get in trouble :(. They really need more staff on the phones in my opinion.

I can't wait till next week ;D
Hi Kieran,

I think that you should definitively call CIC today!! I hope you get great news soon!

Cheers

Pepe

kieran123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010
DECISION MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

kieran123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010
We received your application for permanent residence on August 9, 2010.

We started processing your application on October 6, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on May 27, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

I AM NERVOUS NOW

pepe261

Star Member
Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-Nov-2010
Interview........
1-Dic-2011
kieran123 said:

We sent you a letter on May 27, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

I AM NERVOUS NOW
I told you!!!!! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you! Now be relaxed and enjoy the summer!

Cheers

kieran123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010
Thanks Pepe

I am nervous to read the letter. I hope it is good news.

It is a big weight off the shoulders though...I had been checking ecas 5 times a day all last week!

I hope they send the OWP too. I applied for it but am nervous for it to be forgotten or something haha

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kieran123 said:

I AM NERVOUS NOW
Kieran123
Congratulations, it is really good news this morning. If I were you I will call them to at least figure if it is approval for both stages or only AIP......You you should be very happy and nervus.....
When did your eCASe changed?

kieran123

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-10
Med's Done....
June 2010
Thanks Mona_Barca! :)

I think it will only be AIP. If it were both, I think I would of had to wait a while longer like Love_Young

I checked my E-Cas Friday at 5pm, and it said in process. This morning at work around 8am I checked it and it had changed to Decision Made....I don't think they work weekends, so it must of changed late Friday or early this morning