Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
YAY YAY YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO exciting!!!! welcome to the AIP boat. I so so so so happy for you. I can't even express how happy i am for you, i was getting really upset all day about you not getting an answer. Today is a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
angtao said:
Congratulations LY. I told you that you would have news by May 20th. I knew it.

Haha I know you were definitely right! Thanks for the support!

isabela said:
congrats...when did you sent your application?...mine , i sent to cpc veg july 10,2010....what do u think, mine is on the way too?
I sent it July 13 and they received July 16, 2010. When was your application received? You should definitely consider calling.

lovely20 said:
Hey Isabela you should try calling CIC now. She sent hers July 16, 2010.
Well it was received on July 16, 2010. But it was sent July 13, 2010.

TeresaLynn said:
YAY YAY YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO exciting!!!! welcome to the AIP boat. I so so so so happy for you. I can't even express how happy i am for you, i was getting really upset all day about you not getting an answer. Today is a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know I am just so happy and I am so happy that everyone is happy with me. Makes it that much better. Today is a great day for sure. :p

Inlandappl said:
IIIIIIIIIII TOLD YOU IT WAS A MATTER OF HOURS!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Haha I know, everyone told me. After hubby and I hugged about it he just kept saying over and over "I told ya so". Lol. Thank you so much for the "Congrats"!

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Love_Young said:
Haha I know you were definitely right! Thanks for the support!

Well it was received on July 16, 2010. But it was sent July 13, 2010.
Sorry for messing up your dates!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
lovely20 said:
Sorry for messing up your dates!
Dear, that isn't a problem at all. It is very easy to get that confused. I do too.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
CONGRATULATIONS LY !!! been following your sadness over past few days , im so happy for you girl !

twchu

Star Member
Feb 4, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
20-Apr-2011
AOR Received.
27-10-2011
Med's Done....
08-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
07-Mar-2011
Congrats LY!!! So happy for you!!! :)

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Cooooonnnngggrrrraaaattttssss L_Y!!! I am soooo happy for you! I feel like I just got AIP lol. I told you had nothing to worry about. Now you can relax and make some $$$ too. It would so great if it was PR too right away. I hope the mail doesn't take too long now.

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LY –
My sincere congratulations to you for being able to live with your hubby without any interruptions aka CIC.

I am really happy for you, and I wish if I was closer to you so that we could celebrate together.

It is definitely the best news for the whole week. No it is time to work.

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
It's also a nice day because here in eastern quebec finally Spring has arrived, 23 degrees, sunny and warm!!!!I just had enough of the winter, it was damn cold and long, it's beautiful today!!

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
LYYYYYY,

WOOT WOOT.....Congrats girl...I have been coming back from work every evening to see your good news and here it is...the moment you've been waiting for. Happy for ya !

Did you get both 1st and 2nd stage approval?

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
lilly_inland said:
LYYYYYY,

WOOT WOOT.....Congrats girl...I have been coming back from work every evening to see your good news and here it is...the moment you've been waiting for. Happy for ya !

Did you get both 1st and 2nd stage approval?
Thats what i wanted to ask too Love_young, did you get 1 st and 2 nd stage together?

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
First of all: a big CONGRATS! to LY. And of course best of luck for the job hunt. :-D
(And thanks for the updated list.)

Yesterday I called my local DMP for my medical exam. I'll have it next week Wednesday. The doctor is an immigrant himself too, so maybe that could work in my favour? I'm sure it can't hurt! By the way: can someone give me an idea of what the cost for such an exam will be? I suppose an X-ray can get pretty pricey...

I'm trying to have everything ready up front for when they start working on my application. Just have everything over with as fast as possible. I'll think of some extra proof of our relationship to send in (testimonies from some friends and family? And I can look up some old boarding passes from visiting each other.) I'll send it in together with a note stating I did my medical and I'll include the PPR fee (the last fee I didn't pay up front yet).

After that I can't see anything going wrong anymore. At most that my police certificate is a bit old, but then again: I didn't live in my country ever since, so it should be good. If they ask, I only visited for two weeks and if I would have done such a serious crime that they would reject me as a PR, the authorities probably would have never let me leave on the plane back to Canada in the first place! (Sounds logical in this time of digital passports, right?)

Lena said:
1- I already sent the application for an open work permit. Will they give me a refund, and how?

2- How difficult is it to do a name change after I receive PR. After we married I didn't take my husband's name because I thought it would be too complicated with the application in process, but I will need to do the name change in the US and Canada this year. Any hints?
1) Good question! I'd like the answer to that too, since it's possible I'll have a simular situation.
2) From what I know is that Canada does not allow you to change your name for any reason (including marriage), unless you can proof you've used your 'new' name for at least 10 years (bank account statements for example). Complicated, annoying and disappointing, but true.

Cheers everybody!

zehra

Nov 15, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Love_Young!!!

I was following your case and now I believe the dates more!!

Good luck with finding a job!!

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
WOW OH WOW! Thanks everyone for the congrats! It means so much more than you could believe. I promise to keep you all up to date with things. This is the most amazing early 1 year wedding anniversary gift. Which is funny because the first gift is supposed to be paper and well our approval is paper and something we can treasure and remember for the rest of our lives. My family is so very happy too and my mom cried with happiness about it with me. Sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner but we out to dinner. Mmm...so delicious!

It hasn't sunk in yet still but we have already started making more permanent plans. Though I do have a question regarding one of our plans we have soon. Does anyone know tips on buying a car and how hard it is to get a loan? We are looking to get one very soon after I work. Also, I don't know whether I got just 1st stage or both yet. I forgot to ask. I was just too excited to stay on the phone. I guess I will wait for e-Cas to tell me. I am sure it will update in the next day or so.

Anyway, again thank you all so so so much! This has been one unforgettable day. Good luck to everyone waiting!
Even when you think your day is never going to come, that's when it does. You guys can talk to me about anything, I will be hear to listen. Hope you all have a beautiful night and weekend coming up! I will probably get the best sleep I ever had in years tonight. Lol. :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Jurjen said:
First of all: a big CONGRATS! to LY. And of course best of luck for the job hunt. :-D
(And thanks for the updated list.)

Yesterday I called my local DMP for my medical exam. I'll have it next week Wednesday. The doctor is an immigrant himself too, so maybe that could work in my favour? I'm sure it can't hurt! By the way: can someone give me an idea of what the cost for such an exam will be? I suppose an X-ray can get pretty pricey...

I'm trying to have everything ready up front for when they start working on my application. Just have everything over with as fast as possible. I'll think of some extra proof of our relationship to send in (testimonies from some friends and family? And I can look up some old boarding passes from visiting each other.) I'll send it in together with a note stating I did my medical and I'll include the PPR fee (the last fee I didn't pay up front yet).

After that I can't see anything going wrong anymore. At most that my police certificate is a bit old, but then again: I didn't live in my country ever since, so it should be good. If they ask, I only visited for two weeks and if I would have done such a serious crime that they would reject me as a PR, the authorities probably would have never let me leave on the plane back to Canada in the first place! (Sounds logical in this time of digital passports, right?)
1) Good question! I'd like the answer to that too, since it's possible I'll have a simular situation.
2) From what I know is that Canada does not allow you to change your name for any reason (including marriage), unless you can proof you've used your 'new' name for at least 10 years (bank account statements for example). Complicated, annoying and disappointing, but true.

Cheers everybody!
May I ask Jurjen why you didn't mail the medical with the PR application? This is what is recommended but I sure you know that by now. My exam was more costly than most on the mainland just because there are only two DMP's on the province and they both charge the same price: $360 for the routine exam questions, x-ray, blood test, and urinalysis. And Canada does allow you to change your name. You can apply to the court legally to do it (if you aren't married) or if you are married you just provide copies of the marriage certificate to anything you need to change your name on. You just tell them you are assuming your spouse's name. No problem.