Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
pepe261 said:
Hi LY,

I don't think that it is a bad idea to call them and ask them about the background checks. You have been waiting for so long, and you have the right to ask. Don't feel bad, just call them and ask what you feel you need to ask. In the worst case they will say that they don't have that info...
Cheers and good luck!

PEPE
Well yeah you are most right that I have the right to ask especially after waiting so long. I will consider asking. Thank you for the good luck cheers.

Tuggie said:
Hi Love_Young,

I think you should call CIC and ask about the status of your application. Given your timeframe, it seems that they should be very close to making a decision.

Let us know what you find out.

As far as mine, I received AIP in late April and last Friday I attended at my lawyer's office to sign and file off the Declaration (regarding my three children not getting immigration medicals) to the CIC. I expect the CIC should be receiving my Declaration this week and I hope they will determine (as my lawyer expects they will) that is enough and will proceed with 2nd stage approval.

I will keep you all posted as I hear more about my status.

Have a great day!

Tuggie
I will definitely try calling today but I am going to wait for my MIL to get off the phone. She will be going out soon anyway so I will be patient and call then. I just don't want to hog up the line when she might need to talk to important people, you know? I hope I have good news to share today. Congrats on getting the other stuff of yours sent out. I am sure it won't be much longer now until we hear about your PR landing date. Thank you for keeping us up to date. I am wishing you lots of luck for a quick second stage approval. Hope you are a wonderful day! :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
What time do they usually update the processing times? I can't remember.
I am anxious to see what it is this week.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
*sigh* No news again today. Just called CIC and it is still being processed. :(
Hopefully it doesn't mean transferred but both stages. Hmm...I don't know what to think.

The woman said they are working on my background checks. What could possibly be taking so long?

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Love_Young said:
*sigh* No news again today. Just called CIC and it is still being processed. :(
Hopefully it doesn't mean transferred but both stages. Hmm...I don't know what to think.

The woman said they are working on my background checks. What could possibly be taking so long?

If she said they are doing background checks, wouldn't that be considered as second stage already? Keep your chin up LoveYoung, I'm sure your file is not going to be transferred. Rooting for AIP and PR for you!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
Ly, you might hear something by this Friday but it is not 100%. You will definitely hear by next Friday though.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
angtao said:
Ly, you might hear something by this Friday but it is not 100%. You will definitely hear by next Friday though.
Ah...I certainly hope so. I just hope they are taking longer because they do want to finish it all in one step.
I would just hate to wait longer just hear "transferred". I really hope that won't be the case. I am so anxious though.

lovely20 said:
If she said they are doing background checks, wouldn't that be considered as second stage already? Keep your chin up LoveYoung, I'm sure your file is not going to be transferred. Rooting for AIP and PR for you!
Well that is what I had thought too. It said on FOSS that they start RCMP checks back in Jan 2011 so surely it can't take that long to get an answer from them but then again maybe it does. This waiting is just tough when you know you are this close, you know? I am just afraid of getting shot down with bad news instead. Still trying to keep my hopes high though. Anyone else have an input on them running background checks before AIP? I would love to hear about them.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the chances of your file being transferred are really low. Stay strong, good news are coming your way! :)

kelKel

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
03-03-2011
Hi LV,

My guess its get the AIP/PR at the same time by next Wednesday. You're really young and bg checks don't take long at all. RCMP check takes 2 days to get the results back according to my CAIPS but maybe its different for inland apps. Fingers are crossed for you hunny :) keep smiling!

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
Love_Young said:
Ah...I certainly hope so. I just hope they are taking longer because they do want to finish it all in one step.
I would just hate to wait longer just hear "transferred". I really hope that won't be the case. I am so anxious though.

Well that is what I had thought too. It said on FOSS that they start RCMP checks back in Jan 2011 so surely it can't take that long to get an answer from them but then again maybe it does. This waiting is just tough when you know you are this close, you know? I am just afraid of getting shot down with bad news instead. Still trying to keep my hopes high though. Anyone else have an input on them running background checks before AIP? I would love to hear about them.

Hey LoveYoung, I think Mona_Barca mentioned she saw in her FOSS notes that CIC started background checks on her file Feb 2011 I think let me double-check that, and Mona has not received AIP yet coz she filed in August 2010. I'm also eagerly waiting for my FOSS notes, will let you know what it says there.

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
LY, what is the fax number where you send the FOSS notes? I know someone that wants to get them for there file that they sent 7 months ago

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovely20 said:
Hey LoveYoung, I think Mona_Barca mentioned she saw in her FOSS notes that CIC started background checks on her file Feb 2011 I think let me double-check that, and Mona has not received AIP yet coz she filed in August 2010. I'm also eagerly waiting for my FOSS notes, will let you know what it says there.
Yes, the line read as follows;

AFL 0001 R IMM0703 - RCMP Check Requested 9518 22FEB2011

I don't know what the abbreviations mean. This was listed in the page titled Work in Progress - Lines of Business (LOB).

LY -
Have you seen anything about medical in your FOSS notes. My heart is for you Sweetie, I am confident that you will make it through.....

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
angtao said:
LY, what is the fax number where you send the FOSS notes? I know someone that wants to get them for there file that they sent 7 months ago
FAx number for FOSS notes request is 780 603 2693

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
boasorte said:
I think the chances of your file being transferred are really low. Stay strong, good news are coming your way! :)
I would like to think the chances are low. I can't see any reason why our relationship would be suspicious in anyway. I will definitely stay strong. :) Thank you boasorte.

kelKel said:
Hi LV,

My guess its get the AIP/PR at the same time by next Wednesday. You're really young and bg checks don't take long at all. RCMP check takes 2 days to get the results back according to my CAIPS but maybe its different for inland apps. Fingers are crossed for you hunny :) keep smiling!
You're a sweetheart kelKel. I will try to be more patient. Hubby thinks we will hear something Friday. If not, then that is okay too. I just want good news so I will wait as long as I need to for that. Thanks for crossing your fingers for us. :)

lovely20 said:
Yeah I read that too. I was hoping someone that already received AIP and/or PR could let me know though so maybe we all could get a better idea for ours. I look forward to hearing about yours. When did you order yours?

angtao said:
Hey there, the fax number is 780-603-2693.

Mona_Barca said:
Yes, the line read as follows;

AFL 0001 R IMM0703 - RCMP Check Requested 9518 22FEB2011

I don't know what the abbreviations mean. This was listed in the page titled Work in Progress - Lines of Business (LOB).

LY -
Have you seen anything about medical in your FOSS notes. My heart is for you Sweetie, I am confident that you will make it through.....
That is what mine looks like as well. Hey Mona_Barca search AFL in the search bar and you will find what it means. I researched it.
The only thing I have about my medical is the (appr/denied) date, the med diagnosis, and the medical condition. Thank you dear. My heart goes out to you too. I hope we all get good news soon! :)

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
They updated it! July 13, 2010!

angtao

Apr 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Mar-2011
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2011
LANDED..........
16-05-2012
WOOHOO!

8 days guys. I said that I would be happy with 7 days:)

Thanks LY