05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Love_Young said:
Congrats Asta!!! Its still a job and seriously finding one in 3 days after landing is just AMAZING!
Any tips for all of those looking?
thank u!

ive been looking for job since december. i was applying online. last week i brought my CV to Dollarama personally and asked manager if i can leave it at his store. and today he called me, called for interview and gave me a part time job. im starting on tuesday, so nervous, i wanna do good :)

i did a mistake writing my resume. i included jobs that last 1 month each. manager said thats a bad thing and it shows that i am not reliable. maybe thats why nobody called me. i dont have much experience. only 3 jobs and all retail in stores. one was for a year, others for a month each. one was contract - Xmas sale, other - i quit cause i wanted to go to Canada to my bf for a month (now i regret that i quited that time..i couldnt find any job after i cam back).
so i gotta delete that from my resume.

if im gonna get too little hours, ill be looking for another part time.
best thing bout it i can walk to it. i dun need a ride. its more less 20 minutes walk.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
TeresaLynn said:
WOOT WOOT Congrats ASTA!!

Question: The CIC website says they working on applications received May 4th, We all know that they are usually ahead of that date, how many weeks ahead are they usually? 2 weeks?? I know I won't get a definite answer but does anyone have any ideas?
I think they used to process 4-5 days ahead of what is posted but based on last weeks advancements it seemed they were processing 9 days ahead of schedule. Hopefully this helps you some.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Asta said:
i did a mistake writing my resume. i included jobs that last 1 month each. manager said thats a bad thing and it shows that i am not reliable. maybe thats why nobody called me. i dont have much experience. only 3 jobs and all retail in stores. one was for a year, others for a month each. one was contract - Xmas sale, other - i quit cause i wanted to go to Canada to my bf for a month (now i regret that i quited that time..i couldnt find any job after i cam back).
so i gotta delete that from my resum
Hello Asta,

I dont know your age, there iis nothing wrong stating in your resume taht you worked a month in one place and another in another job, as longuer you specify "under a one-month contract"... to me it shows you are not in "chomage" or unemployed. If I was you, I would put my resume in Workopolis, monster.ca or any other employment web engine. I would also make a google search for "job description for store clerck employee" so you can take some of the wording and apply it to what you want to do and not what is available... most probably they will approach for telemarketing jobs... You never know, besides you dont have to move a finger, those sites are amazing

Cheers

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
canadiancitizen said:
Hello Asta,

I dont know your age, there iis nothing wrong stating in your resume taht you worked a month in one place and another in another job, as longuer you specify "under a one-month contract"... to me it shows you are not in "chomage" or unemployed. If I was you, I would put my resume in Workopolis, monster.ca or any other employment web engine. I would also make a google search for "job description for store clerck employee" so you can take some of the wording and apply it to what you want to do and not what is available... most probably they will approach for telemarketing jobs... You never know, besides you dont have to move a finger, those sites are amazing

Cheers
Thank u for advice. maybe every employer evaluates resumes in their own way. i already have registered to many online job sites, like workopolis, kelly's, man power and to practically all store sites i could think of and which are closer to home. gosh i dun want a telemarketer job hehe all day everyday lots of telemarketers calling home, everyone hates them here and dont even pick up the phone! anyway i decided to bring resumes in person. looks like it works better for me :)

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Asta said:
thank u!

ive been looking for job since december. i was applying online. last week i brought my CV to Dollarama personally and asked manager if i can leave it at his store. and today he called me, called for interview and gave me a part time job. im starting on tuesday, so nervous, i wanna do good :)

so i gotta delete that from my resume.

if im gonna get too little hours, ill be looking for another part time.
best thing bout it i can walk to it. i dun need a ride. its more less 20 minutes walk.
Asta congrats......

I kinda understand why the manager suggested you not to put the short-time experience because I had the same opinion when I was working at human resources department; although it's really not your fault but imagine how HR people feel when they look at your resume since they have no idea about you and then they can only guess/learn/judge a little bit about you from your resume. A little suggestion for you, maybe you can put a little explanation that why you only work a place for a month, like "under contract" etc, it may help the HR to understand more. Because according to my experience, HR people usually won't call you for this kinda questions even though it might be the reason not offering you the job, unless you really have something special on your resume that catching their eye.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's your fault; most people included myself had the same situation as you have when we just graduate from school. I actually admire you that leaving a resume in a store for any possible chance, I mean it. Cus it shows you are the one who wants to catch every chances you might have other than just sit and wait. I hope I'll be the same brave as you when I have my work permit or PR.

I hope I didn't offend you by the posting and thanks a lot for sharing the experience with us and hope you have a good time during working in Canada.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Any recommendations for when I fill out my resume? I am quite young (21) and only held two jobs that I don't think are worth mentioning. 1. Was a two day temporary job when I was 16 or 17 and 2. Was a job I actually quite liked but quit after a week due to not enough work hours and spending more money on gas to travel to it then what I was making. I had that job at 18.

That second one was the only "real" job I have had and didn't have it for long. Now I have been unemployed for almost 3 years. I have lots of certificates but being an immigrant with literally no job experience anywhere, I don't think anyone is going to want to hire me. How can I make my resume stand out even with no experience anywhere?

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! :)
I am quite young (20) and I have been following this website for a while now, and I am really thankful because it helped me understand the nature of the whole immigration process.
I applied inland in the province of Quebec, so as you may know, Quebec residents receive a letter (generally a month before getting AIP) telling you to continue with the MICC.
I sent my application to the MICC on the 8th of February and I called yesterday to know the status of it (I couldn't take it anymore haha). The guy told me my application was approved and that I should receive my CSQ next week.

My questions are: 1. When do you think I might get an answer from CIC after they receive the CSQ and the approval from the MICC?
2. I read that with the CSQ it is possible to get the provincial Health Insurance plan. How does it work exactly?
3. How do you know CIC is processing applications 9 days ahead of the date shown on the website?

PS: They received my application May 27th, 2010 (Vegreville) and I applied for an OWP too.

Thanks for your help!

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Love_Young said:
Any recommendations for when I fill out my resume? I am quite young (21) and only held two jobs that I don't think are worth mentioning. 1. Was a two day temporary job when I was 16 or 17 and 2. Was a job I actually quite liked but quit after a week due to not enough work hours and spending more money on gas to travel to it then what I was making. I had that job at 18.

That second one was the only "real" job I have had and didn't have it for long. Now I have been unemployed for almost 3 years. I have lots of certificates but being an immigrant with literally no job experience anywhere, I don't think anyone is going to want to hire me. How can I make my resume stand out even with no experience anywhere?
Hello Asta... if you dont't mind, send it to my email on this site and I will help you... I know well the market, Im in Marketing, so I know how to read, write an apppealing cv, as I mentionned before, you are young, so I wouldnt be surprised to see a resume with one month here and there etc... I suggested Telemarketing meaning call center, here in Montreal you have all kind of call centers, because you are young you have an advantage... and that is you can be trained and learn fast and cost efficient, jobs in call centers here are from 17$ an hour and maybe as well on the rest of Canada... so is not too bad for starting... these call centers not only sell or call people, they provide technical assistance to companies (hydro, phone, cable, computer users, etc)

Cheers

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
canadiancitizen said:
Hello Asta... if you dont't mind, send it to my email on this site and I will help you... I know well the market, Im in Marketing, so I know how to read, write an apppealing cv, as I mentionned before, you are young, so I wouldnt be surprised to see a resume with one month here and there etc... I suggested Telemarketing meaning call center, here in Montreal you have all kind of call centers, because you are young you have an advantage... and that is you can be trained and learn fast and cost efficient, jobs in call centers here are from 17$ an hour and maybe as well on the rest of Canada... so is not too bad for starting... these call centers not only sell or call people, they provide technical assistance to companies (hydro, phone, cable, computer users, etc)

Cheers
Canadian Citizen, its Love Young who wrote this post, the one u are answering to. she is the one being 21. i am 28.

anyways no offence taken. thanks for advices both of u :)

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Asta said:
Canadian Citizen, its Love Young who wrote this post, the one u are answering to. she is the one being 21. i am 28.

anyways no offence taken. thanks for advices both of u :)
ouch sorry Asta... me forgetful Jones :)

konstantinos

Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
Cmilo said:
Hi! :)
I am quite young (20) and I have been following this website for a while now, and I am really thankful because it helped me understand the nature of the whole immigration process.
I applied inland in the province of Quebec, so as you may know, Quebec residents receive a letter (generally a month before getting AIP) telling you to continue with the MICC.
I sent my application to the MICC on the 8th of February and I called yesterday to know the status of it (I couldn't take it anymore haha). The guy told me my application was approved and that I should receive my CSQ next week.

My questions are: 1. When do you think I might get an answer from CIC after they receive the CSQ and the approval from the MICC?
2. I read that with the CSQ it is possible to get the provincial Health Insurance plan. How does it work exactly?
3. How do you know CIC is processing applications 9 days ahead of the date shown on the website?

PS: They received my application May 27th, 2010 (Vegreville) and I applied for an OWP too.

Thanks for your help!
You may find some answers at this topic http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/anyone-from-quebec-who-applied-inland-t44271.0.html;msg637321#msg637321

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your answer!

However, I still want to know

3. How do you know CIC is processing applications 9 days ahead of the date shown on the website

:)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Cmilo said:
Thanks for your answer!

However, I still want to know

3. How do you know CIC is processing applications 9 days ahead of the date shown on the website

:)
Well when I update the chart again, you will be able to notice the pattern. Last week they posted they were only working on applications up to May 1, 2010 however people from this very thread and other forums, were receiving AIP in that week too even though they sent their application on May 10, 2010. If you subtract the 10 from 1 you get 9. So I would estimate they are working anywhere from 4-9 days ahead of what they state on the website. I can only make assumptions based on the information people give me in this thread though. If the date on the CIC site says they are working on applications up to May 1, 2010 but 3-5 people in this thread that applied on May 10, 2010 are getting AIP, I can only safely assume they are passed that May 1st date. Does this make sense?