Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Well you don't get an interview. If everything is fine with the application such as: They find the sponsor is eligible and that the relationship is genuine then you will not be asked to attend an interview. Instead 9-10 months after your application is received Vegreville (if everything is alright as stated above) they will notify you that they made a decision and will grant you AIP. They will then mail you a letter telling you that you are eligible for AIP and that you can then apply for a work permit or study permit if you haven't already. You will then wait for the second part to finish which has no guaranteed timeline to wait but is posted as an additional 9 month wait from the time you get AIP until you are asked to attend an "interview" to get PR. This interview is actually just a formality to make sure everything is spelled right etc etc. and then you are done.

Now on the other hand if after 9-10 months they decide to "transfer" your application to a CIC in your local area (usually because they don't believe the relationship is genuine) then you will need to attend an interview to assess the relationship. You could wait anywhere from a few months to a few years for an interview depending on how backed up they are at your office. When they are ready they will give you letter telling you what to bring and when the interview will take place. Then they will interview you. You will find out sometime later after the interview whether you are approved for AIP. After you are given AIP after the interview is approved then you are eligible for a work permit and study permit. You then wait to receive a letter for an "interview" (as stated above) and receive PR status.

Basically most people do not have to attend an interview. That is only if they don't believe in the relationship and want to ask some more questions but if you submitted enough evidence to support your relationship then you should be able to avoid an interview and obtain AIP. Everyone whether applying inland or outland has to have an "interview" to become a PR. But as I stated this is just a formality and just a quick run through of things then they send you on your way. You will receive that "interview" after getting AIP.

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Love_Young said:
If the course is for less than 6 months than you can study but for anything over that you would have to get a study permit or wait until PR to go take the courses. As far as I know, I don't think you can hold both a study permit and work permit. When you get AIP you can choose (if you haven't already mailed an OWP) to either obtain a study or open work permit. I had considered the study permit but how would pay for the schooling without a job. That is why I chose OWP.
One can hold a work and study permit at the same time but to apply for study permit you need to have a university acceptance letter.

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Love_Young said:
Now on the other hand if after 9-10 months they decide to "transfer" your application to a CIC in your local area (usually because they don't believe the relationship is genuine) then you will need to attend an interview to assess the relationship. You could wait anywhere from a few months to a few years for an interview depending on how backed up they are at your office. When they are ready they will give you letter telling you what to bring and when the interview will take place. Then they will interview you. You will find out sometime later after the interview whether you are approved for AIP. After you are given AIP after the interview is approved then you are eligible for a work permit and study permit. You then wait to receive a letter for an "interview" (as stated above) and receive PR status.
The website say you "may' be called for an interview. There have been instances where the application, after being transferred from vegreville to local office without AIP, was refused by the local office without an interview within a matter of days.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Thanks guys...

Im one of the unfortunate people waiting for an interview because I submitted my app in August 2009 and it was transfered to the local mississauga office in March 2010 and till now there is nothing on the app!!(FRUSTRATING) so I should get a time for the interview (Dont know when or why it was transfered at the begining). :'(

Thanks for the help !!!

Material

Feb 16, 2011
The website say you "may' be called for an interview. There have been instances

Ok my application was transfered almost a year ago and there was no indication that is was refused or accepted !! dont know what that means

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
komar said:
The website say you "may' be called for an interview. There have been instances where the application, after being transferred from vegreville to local office without AIP, was refused by the local office without an interview within a matter of days.
Still I think the chances are very VERY few. What like a few out of thousands of cases? The manual even states that they need to address the reasons with an interview. Most of all people transferred are given a chance to provide evidence and answer questions the IO has regarding their case as this is the intended procedure unless of course the IO finds other reasons to refuse without interview such as inadmissibility like criminal or medical reasons then they don't need an interview. If you are inadmissible for criminal reasons especially you are just inadmissible plan and simple. No interview needed to address that. And I think the website is saying you may be called for an interview as in you either get AIP without it an interview or you have to go to an interview to get AIP. 50/50 shot. And about the study and work permit, do you have evidence of this? The only ones I have heard of having a work and study permit at the same time is if you are a student and get an off-campus work permit but even that you can't get until 6 months of school first. Is this what you are talking about?

Teriskier

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
Med's Done....
14-06-2010
I am currently here on a study permit and have an off-campus work permit. Although I applied for an OWP as well because off-campus work permits have a bunch of restrictions. As long as you have the appropriate paperwork (study permit for the university and work permit for the employer) I believe you can carry both. Additionally, there was a semester that I did a Coop and needed a work permit but I also had a study permit with it. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to have both an OWP and a study permit as long as you have all of the supporting documents for both.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Re: The website say you "may' be called for an interview. There have been instances

Material said:
Ok my application was transfered almost a year ago and there was no indication that is was refused or accepted !! dont know what that means
It isn't going to be refused or accepted yet without an interview. All you can do now is continue to wait for a letter from your local CIC office of when to attend an interview. Keep gathering proof of your relationship to bring with you when you have to attend. Also, in the mean time, have you thought to order your FOSS notes? FOSS notes are the notes that the IO's keep in the computer system about your application. It will usually tell you the reasons for the transfer and maybe what they are doubting. If you find that out then you can be better prepared to pass the interview. You can order the FOSS notes for free and takes anywhere from two weeks to a couple of months to get. Usually only a month though.

Here is the link to order them. It will tell you what you need to do. Remember you want FOSS notes not CAIPs notes.
Click here: http://immipedia.ca/Ordering_FOSS_and_CAIPS_notes

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Teriskier said:
I am currently here on a study permit and have an off-campus work permit. Although I applied for an OWP as well because off-campus work permits have a bunch of restrictions. As long as you have the appropriate paperwork (study permit for the university and work permit for the employer) I believe you can carry both. Additionally, there was a semester that I did a Coop and needed a work permit but I also had a study permit with it. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to have both an OWP and a study permit as long as you have all of the supporting documents for both.
Thanks for providing that bit of information Teriskier. That was very helpful even for myself. I had been wondering this for a long time but the only information I could really find on their site was about getting an off-campus work permit with a study permit. Which didn't seem too appealing to me because as you said, they do have a lot of restrictions.

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Love_Young, you can hold a study and a work permit at the same time, it doesn`t have to be an off-campus it can be any kind of work permit, as long as you meet the requirements. I had both at the same time for a few months, but I had to convince the VO with a lot of evidence that I was able to fulfil the 38 hours/ week at work while I am a full time student. I didn`t find any information about having two permits on the website, the agent told me when I asked the call centre. While waiting on your PR, I would say a work permit is a much better option than a study permit. At least you can have an earning as you said, if you get a study permit you will still pay the international student fees. In my opinion it is better to wait for the PR and then enroll to anything.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Thanks ditta. Always learning new things. :p

And those are my thoughts exactly. I mean why not wait just a bit longer if I can and avoid the international fees, pay off bills, get work experience, and save up for paying regular fees come time when I do go to school. Seems good to me. I know I want to go to school very soon but I want to do what is best for us. We have time to go to school whenever we are able to.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
eyeoftheocean said:
My OWP expires July, so do I have to renew mine ? or wait for CIC decision as all checks are done now , just waiting for final decision .
Is this the OWP you got at AIP? If so, renew it! I'm not sure though if you need to renew it through the PR department or the regular way. I would guess the regular way. Maybe call CIC hotline to verify. As long as you got sponsorship approval and you're still inland waiting for PR approval, you should be entitled to a work permit.

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Re: The website say you "may' be called for an interview. There have been instances

Material said:
If your application was refused they would have informed you in writing. The fact that you didnt get a letter from them is proof that it is in process. Foss notes will have all the information like why was it transferred etc.

komar

Star Member
Dec 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2011
Med's Done....
01-04-2011
LANDED..........
21-06-2011
Love_Young said:
Still I think the chances are very VERY few. What like a few out of thousands of cases? The manual even states that they need to address the reasons with an interview. Most of all people transferred are given a chance to provide evidence and answer questions the IO has regarding their case as this is the intended procedure unless of course the IO finds other reasons to refuse without interview such as inadmissibility like criminal or medical reasons then they don't need an interview. If you are inadmissible for criminal reasons especially you are just inadmissible plan and simple. No interview needed to address that. And I think the website is saying you may be called for an interview as in you either get AIP without it an interview or you have to go to an interview to get AIP. 50/50 shot. And about the study and work permit, do you have evidence of this? The only ones I have heard of having a work and study permit at the same time is if you are a student and get an off-campus work permit but even that you can't get until 6 months of school first. Is this what you are talking about?
We had submitted all the required documents and had no inadmissibility issues like criminal or medical reasons and still the application was refused without a request for more documents or interview.

You are right, it happens to very few but it does happen. Hopefully Material wont have any such problem. It helps to know of all the possibilities and be proactive about them. :)

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Komar, may I ask you what was the ground of your refusal? They must have outlined something in the refusal letter. Did you reapply inland again?