Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Hey there everyone. Sorry for not posting in a while. By the way Happy Belated Valentine's Day to all of you. I hope you had a good day.

Spring4.6.: Congratulations on getting your work permit finally. You must be so excited. Glad you shared that news with us.

Inlandappl: Thank you for updating me on your information. I will update it here very soon. Hopefully tonight.

Lisalisalisa: Hey there and welcome to the thread. I hope you feel at home with us here. I will be adding you to the chart. You should be getting AIP very soon so let us know when you get your good news.

Pippi: I know I already welcomed you in a PM already but WELCOME to the thread. I hope you find yourself comfortable here. We can't wait to celebrate good news with you.

AmandaHsu: Aww you are very welcome for the chart. I am so very glad you like it.

boasorte: Just because suenim didn't get news today doesn't mean that she won't sometime this week at least or early next week. They can only give approximates. Try to be realistic but don't give yourself reason not to have hope that you will hear sometime soon. And plus we have evidence that they are already past that date right now. Some people in May are already getting news. Some people's application are just processing a few days slower. No biggie. Keep your spirits up. On a side note I have also heard that the automated system is more up to date than the site.

To all those talking about not being able to sign into e-Cas, I am not able to either. I was able to find out luckily when they started processing because an agent on the CIC hotline let me know. Though most aren't even that nice to check for you. And like suenim, every time I called the automated system it just let me know when it was received. But what you posted has me excited. I am going to try calling but I can't until my phone charges up. :( I will let you all know if I hear anything. P.S. suenim, I don't think you have heard anything today (unless you are out celebrating) but I hope it is this week at least. Good luck.

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
suenim said:
Is this new? Anyone called the automated system recently? When I used to call it used to just say the date the app was received. Today it told me they expect to give me a response by February 15. Well I guess I can count that out now ;D. The day is over :p
I tried the automated system today and got a message that they expect to give me a response by Sept 30, 2010 !!!! This is the date I've been hearing for a long time now :)....Sep 30 is long gone and I still keep hearing this date !

villacuba

Jan 5, 2011
mimi23 said:
u can send them now as they will expire three months from the date they were issued but use this addres for additional documents dnt forget to write your date of birth and ur sponsor's date of birth,sponsor's name and urs, adress ,phone number client id if you have on ur previous study or work permit its written in there all this write on a piec of paper say you have attached the police certificates
CPC VEGREVILLE
6212-55TH AVENUE
VEGREVILLE, AB, T9C 1W5
Hi, Mimi23, thanks for your help! i called CPC V today, they gave me the same information ;)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Sorry for back to back messages but I just wanted to share some news with you all. Not as good as if I got AIP but still happy.
Well as you may have seen on my ticker below, it is 2 more weeks until my birthday. I can't wait. Me and hubby get to spend a couple of nights in a hotel together. Also, hubby was robbed last year and he gets Wednesday-Friday off to go to court. Since the guy is pleading guilty he will only need to be there for like 15 minutes on Wednesday so that means hubby gets to have 3 days off all paid for him. Yay! Then we plan to go out to eat in the morning to get breakfast with our friend. And next week hubby starts going part-time.

Also, today when I woke up, hubby gave me an envelope from the CRA. I was thinking "oh no, here we go again. They need more documents to give us GST" but I opened up and they informed me that I now have a TTN (temporary tax number). Which means I can now try to file a return. Did you know that if you have proof of receipt you can get money back for getting x-rays and having urinalysis test done for the medical exam? I spent $200 to get that done so even if they don't give it to me I am going for it anyway. Also, that means that this year hubby will get the GST check that he is entitled to. He didn't get it all last year because it took over a year to prove I had no income, couldn't obtain a SIN, and proof of our relationship status. Crazy! We still didn't get money back for it. This last time I mailed proof that I couldn't get a SIN and was secretly hoping they would give me a TTN (temporary taxation number) for me. Well since I hadn't heard anything in 4-5 months since then, I was thinking that I would need to file my own request to get that number. Would have taken 4-6 weeks to get and cost money to get things notarized. Well thank the lord they mailed one for me and now we can file our return right a way. Yay! It isn't as good as getting a SIN or AIP but it felt good none of the less.

Here is what the letter they sent said:

Dear (Love_Young) :
Re: Temporary Taxation Number

"We are writing to advise you of your temporary taxation number (TTN).
We would like to confirm that your TTN is ###-###-###. This number has been assigned to you since your situation did not allow the Service Canada Centre to provide you with a social insurance number (SIN).

Please note that, until you get a SIN from the Service Canada Centre, you have to use your TTN in all your correspondence with the Canada Revenue Agency. You also have to use it when we request your SIN on forms and returns.

This TTN does not replace the need to obtain a new SIN. Once the Service Canada Centre has assigned you a SIN, please notify us in writing, mentioning the SIN and the TTN, so that we may update our records. For more information, contact the nearest Service Canada Centre. You will find the phone number listed in the government pages of your telephone book under "Social Insurance Numbers." "

Yours sincerely,
*insert name*
Benefit Programs

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Ugh why did I use the automated service?
So darn depressing. This is what it said: "We received your application for Permanent Residence on July 16, 2010. We are currently assessing your application. Your anticipated time to receive a response from us is January 13, 2011."

Why oh why couldn't that be true? Good job on depressing me CIC. You are only a month and 3 days late. :mad: :'(
Anyway, does anybody elses heart start racing when they are listening to it? I get so afraid of hearing something horrible. Ahhh...

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Love_Young said:
Dear (Love_Young) :
Re: Temporary Taxation Number

"We are writing to advise you of your temporary taxation number (TTN).
We would like to confirm that your TTN is ###-###-###. This number has been assigned to you since your situation did not allow the Service Canada Centre to provide you with a social insurance number (SIN).

Please note that, until you get a SIN from the Service Canada Centre, you have to use your TTN in all your correspondence with the Canada Revenue Agency. You also have to use it when we request your SIN on forms and returns.

This TTN does not replace the need to obtain a new SIN. Once the Service Canada Centre has assigned you a SIN, please notify us in writing, mentioning the SIN and the TTN, so that we may update our records. For more information, contact the nearest Service Canada Centre. You will find the phone number listed in the government pages of your telephone book under "Social Insurance Numbers." "

Yours sincerely,
*insert name*
Benefit Programs
yeah, i had received that letter too. but i didnt have any problems with CRA. I didnt need to prove that i didnt have any income. they just believed my word (letter).
i was thinking of putting my medical expenses when filing taxes too. but i dont have receipts, i put them all into my application to CIC. but i have copies. what about all those fees for CIC? do they return some money for that? i wonder.

anyways congrats! as long as u feel any happier by receiving this letter :) dont worry they will issue that check. we never had any problems with CRA. they even issued a check for 2$ when hubby overpaid for his tax returns.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
You're so lucky you didn't occur any problems. When it comes to CRA I have found you either have no problems or tons of them. Shouldn't be like that. And well I sent a receipt for proof of medical with our PR app but luckily I took copies of the receipts, I also have the bill statements from the hospital that says what I got done and how much it costs. I would say it is worth an attempt to ask if we can get money back from other immigration expenses. So maybe you can ask Asta and let me know what you find out. And I would say you could make copies of your own copies for the medical stuff to CRA and it would work.

And thank you for the hope. It would definitely be nice to get paid back some of the money we have had to spend on this process. And I definitely feel happier. It means hubby will get back the GST he deserves this year and we won't have to wait an additional month just file taxes. Yay. And that is nice they paid him back for overpaying. :)

j singh

Feb 9, 2011
hi everyone iam posting first time but follow this thread since long time my time line is old than every
one i send app in july 2009 they start procc. aug 2009 passport reqeest in march 2010 .in sep 2010 they ask my wife to update work history we send them in oct 2010 since then no news .

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Love_Young said:
Ugh why did I use the automated service?
So darn depressing. This is what it said: "We received your application for Permanent Residence on July 16, 2010. We are currently assessing your application. Your anticipated time to receive a response from us is January 13, 2011."

Why oh why couldn't that be true? Good job on depressing me CIC. You are only a month and 3 days late. :mad: :'(
Anyway, does anybody elses heart start racing when they are listening to it? I get so afraid of hearing something horrible. Ahhh...
well, this is atleast a little more realistic than my date of Sept 30, 2010 :).

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Asta said:
yeah, i had received that letter too. but i didnt have any problems with CRA. I didnt need to prove that i didnt have any income. they just believed my word (letter).
i was thinking of putting my medical expenses when filing taxes too. but i dont have receipts, i put them all into my application to CIC. but i have copies. what about all those fees for CIC? do they return some money for that? i wonder.

anyways congrats! as long as u feel any happier by receiving this letter :) dont worry they will issue that check. we never had any problems with CRA. they even issued a check for 2$ when hubby overpaid for his tax returns.
What is the process to get a temporary taxation no? Is that something I could get from a Service Canada office like a SIN? Would i be able to get it in a day?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
lilly_inland: That is so true at least it is more realistic. I don't even know why yours was so far back. And you can file to get an ITN (individual tax number) to CRA. All you have to do is fill out a form and get a copy of your passport then send it in the mail. Unfortunately it takes 4-6 weeks to get and could take longer with the tax season being close by. This is why I am relieved that CRA sent one for me without me having to mail one off. Just get your hubby to put 000-000-000 in the SIN box. CRA should then automatically assign a TTN to you. The reason we had a problem was because the person that prepared ours left the SIN box blank. And just include proof of your marriage, when you arrived in Canada (like flight ticket, itinerary, or visitor record/stamp), proof of your income, and why you can't get a SIN. Then you should have no problems. :)

By the way TTN and ITN are the same thing. It works as a SIN for tax purposes since you don't qualify for one yet. When you do get a SIN number though, you have to notify them that you now have a SIN so they can match the two with your file. Then you have to do the same again once you get your permanent SIN. Hope you can understand this as I am not sure I explained it that well.

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Love_Young said:
lilly_inland: That is so true at least it is more realistic. I don't even know why yours was so far back. And you can file to get an ITN (individual tax number) to CRA. All you have to do is fill out a form and get a copy of your passport then send it in the mail. Unfortunately it takes 4-6 weeks to get and could take longer with the tax season being close by. This is why I am relieved that CRA sent one for me without me having to mail one off. Just get your hubby to put 000-000-000 in the SIN box. CRA should then automatically assign a TTN to you. The reason we had a problem was because the person that prepared ours left the SIN box blank. And just include proof of your marriage, when you arrived in Canada (like flight ticket, itinerary, or visitor record/stamp), proof of your income, and why you can't get a SIN. Then you should have no problems. :)

By the way TTN and ITN are the same thing. It works as a SIN for tax purposes since you don't qualify for one yet. When you do get a SIN number though, you have to notify them that you now have a SIN so they can match the two with your file. Then you have to do the same again once you get your permanent SIN. Hope you can understand this as I am not sure I explained it that well.
Thanks Love_young,

you explained it really well.....So, can my spouse apply for taxes as joint this year and quote my SIN as all 0's?

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
@Love_Young,

Hi, I have a question. So does everyone have to file tax return even if they dont have SIN?

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Hi all

Please allow me to explain my current situation.

I immigrated to Canada in 2009, my girlfriend tried to enter Canada at the same time I knew her from university we were in love and we decided to come together so she was going to enter with her French passport (but she is an Iraqi originally and has never been to France) so she was suppose to be granted visa at the airport unfortunately that didn't happen because she didn't state her relationship with me scared that it will effect my immigration to Canada so her visa was denied. We decided to get married because we were in love for such a long time and we didn't want to be separated plus her returning to Iraq was risky I don't want to get into the details of why its risky. We got married and I filed for sponsorship in the same time we went to court to appeal the refusal of her visa but that didn't work so we are still waiting for the sponsorship application hoping that it will help us but the thing is I'm scared the application will be affected by her not having a legal status in Canada and also by what happened at the airport.

Does any one know if it will be affected or not??

plus the application was submitted in August 2009 until now there is no news on the application and it has been more than a year and a half since we filed for sponsorship which is scaring me even more also waiting has been really hard lately because my wife got pregnant and unfortunately after a month and a half she had a miss carriage so she needs medical attention and follow up which has been really hard considering that she doesn't have a health card.

My other question is that does it normally take this much time to sponsor a spouse inside Canada or is it because of the airport incident?

Your help and advice in any way is greatly appreciated

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Hi Material,

I read your other posts too. You should contact the call centre as soon as you can. From your timeframe it is almost 100% percent that your file was transferred to your local office without first stage granted for further assesment. That means there are issues either on your side or your wife`s side that prevented you to get AIP in the first place. It can be that she is from Iraq, that she was denied entry due to misrepresentation or she has no status, that the application was not complete. As Leon adviced you- order your FOSS notes and hopefully it will indicate what happened to your file and why was it tranferred.
Where are you living currently? Do you know what is your local CIC office? Some offices can take up to 9-10 month or more to set a date for interview. This is the next step, if they doubt your relationship in not genuine or there are other issues. If you pass the interview you get AIP after.
The good thing you were not refused- your file must be at a local office. The call centre should be able to locate it.