+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

inland application with OWP already???

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Hello,

My husband has an open work permit that he got after graduating from post-secondary in canada (expires july 2013). I'm planning on sponsoring him. Since he already has a valid work permit for another year, it would be best to make use of it and sponsor him inland correct?

Also, if I'm sponsoring him inland and submit an OWP application and his current OWP expires before the sponsorhip is approved,he would have implied status, based on the fact that we would've submitted another OWP application together with the sponsorship application correct?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Besunshine said:
Hello,

My husband has an open work permit that he got after graduating from post-secondary in canada (expires july 2013). I'm planning on sponsoring him. Since he already has a valid work permit for another year, it would be best to make use of it and sponsor him inland correct?

Also, if I'm sponsoring him inland and submit an OWP application and his current OWP expires before the sponsorhip is approved,he would have implied status, based on the fact that we would've submitted another OWP application together with the sponsorship application correct?
Yes, but you should consider sponsoring him via the overseas sponsorship process because it is usually much faster. He can apply via Buffalo and should be a permanent resident well before expiry of his current OWP.