+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland application when outside Canada

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
Due to an urgency I am outside Canada for 4 weeks but applying for extension for kid’s visitor record (he’s also with me). My SOWP and my son’s VR is valid till March 31 and we will be returning to canada by march 15.
I had planned to apply mid Feb for our extensions but this emergency travel occurred.
My question is: can I apply for extension while we are outside canada Or should we first return mid March and then apply inland? Our visas r also valid till March 31.
I did try using the app and it led me to fresh open WP application instead of extension.
Any thoughts?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Due to an urgency I am outside Canada for 4 weeks but applying for extension for kid’s visitor record (he’s also with me). My SOWP and my son’s VR is valid till March 31 and we will be returning to canada by march 15.
I had planned to apply mid Feb for our extensions but this emergency travel occurred.
My question is: can I apply for extension while we are outside canada Or should we first return mid March and then apply inland? Our visas r also valid till March 31.
I did try using the app and it led me to fresh open WP application instead of extension.
Any thoughts?
Visitor status ends when leaving Canada. You can't apply for an extension for the child. He will be assessed as a new visitor upon entry.

On what grounds do you qualify to extend your OWP?

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
Visitor status ends when leaving Canada. You can't apply for an extension for the child. He will be assessed as a new visitor upon entry.

My husband has work permit with NOC B level job. I was waiting for him to get his 3 payslips so that I could apply for my SOWP and my son visitor record extension but before that I had to leave canada for 4 weeks. I have our return tickets and our visas r valid for multiple entries till March 31.
Are you saying we won’t be allowed entry on March 15 as our permits expired? OMG!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My husband has work permit with NOC B level job. I was waiting for him to get his 3 payslips so that I could apply for my SOWP and my son visitor record extension but before that I had to leave canada for 4 weeks. I have our return tickets and our visas r valid for multiple entries till March 31.
Are you saying we won’t be allowed entry on March 15 as our permits expired? OMG!
?? Not what I said at all.

The child will be assessed as a new visitor. Carry a copy of your husband's work permit and request a Visitor Record for the child to match.

You will enter on your current permit. If CBSA asks, you can let them know that you are applying for an extension.

Reactions: Princes2020

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
?? Not what I said at all.

The child will be assessed as a new visitor. Carry a copy of your husband's work permit and request a Visitor Record for the child to match.

You will enter on your current permit. If CBSA asks, you can let them know that you are applying for an extension.
Oh, Thanks a lot. That’s really relieved me from worry that was caused by my misunderstanding of ur reply.
I follow ur posts and I see they r always accurate and helpful. Please keep guiding us.