Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
I am a pakistani national resided in UK on a post study work visa.

I have a messed up situation here. I have an inland spouse application in process in Canada. I came back to UK in an emergency and now my Tourist multiple entry visa for Canada has expired today. And my PSW visa for UK expires on 26th sept.

MY question is if i apply for a single entry visa for Canada only for 1 week, will they deny on the bases that my PSW visa is expiring in UK and also will they find out that i have an application in process within CA.

I am very confused and worried, my application in Canada is should be processed sometime soon.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

crazylove said:

I have a messed up situation here. I have an inland spouse application in process in Canada. I came back to UK in an emergency and now my Tourist multiple entry visa for Canada has expired today. And my PSW visa for UK expires on 26th sept.

MY question is if i apply for a single entry visa for Canada only for 1 week, will they deny on the bases that my PSW visa is expiring in UK and also will they find out that i have an application in process within CA.

I am very confused and worried, my application in Canada is should be processed sometime soon.
1. Yes they will probably deny with a spouse in Canada and "in-Canada" application in progress, they will know it is not your intention to leave Canada. You only apply and hope.

I

iarblue

Yeah you will most likely be denied and if you are denied entry into Canada will likely cause a denial in your process as well.Good luck with the visit visa.

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Hello PMM,

I wanted to know, if somebody is studying in UK (his status is student VISa) and wants to apply for Canadian Immigration (as a spouse, sponsored by his husband/wife) then will he/she able to apply from UK?

Because for UK time length is 8-months and from Pakistan it will take 24-months. This is more optimum way. But I am not sure can it be doable or not?

Is anybody did it before or hear about it please let me know.

Best Regards,

PMM said:
Hi

1. Yes they will probably deny with a spouse in Canada and "in-Canada" application in progress, they will know it is not your intention to leave Canada. You only apply and hope.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

samahmedpk2000 said:
Hello PMM,

I wanted to know, if somebody is studying in UK (his status is student VISa) and wants to apply for Canadian Immigration (as a spouse, sponsored by his husband/wife) then will he/she able to apply from UK?

Because for UK time length is 8-months and from Pakistan it will take 24-months. This is more optimum way. But I am not sure can it be doable or not?

Is anybody did it before or hear about it please let me know.

Best Regards,
Only if the spouse was admitted to the UK for 1 year, can they use the London office rather than the Isbad office.

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

Only if the spouse was admitted to the UK for 1 year, can they use the London office rather than the Isbad office.
Is there any link for this information, on web site?
I mean eilgibility, on Canadian immigration website for UK student?

It will be really appreciated.

Regards,

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

Kindly see the below link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/london.asp

See this link its written london office only responsible for:

Pakistan: Economic Class (Skilled Worker, Entrepreneur, Investor and Provincial Nominee) applications only.

It is not menstion sponsorship immigration is doable for pakistan.

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

Hello PMM,

Could you pls tell me where i can get information about this issue? Is there any link?

Should i have to contact to UK visa office???

LPls let me know the exact way.

regine

Apr 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samahmedpk2000 said:
Kindly see the below link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/london.asp

See this link its written london office only responsible for:

Pakistan: Economic Class (Skilled Worker, Entrepreneur, Investor and Provincial Nominee) applications only.

It is not menstion sponsorship immigration is doable for pakistan.
It`s a spousal sponsorship. He`s not applying as an economic class immigrant, or a skilled worker, or a business class, etc.

You aren`t sponsoring your spouse from Pakistan, you`re sponsoring your Pakistani spouse from England. So yes, you can apply via the London office.

Also, please stop posting the same thing on multiple threads.

regine

Apr 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samahmedpk2000 said:
Hello PMM,

Could you pls tell me where i can get information about this issue? Is there any link?

Should i have to contact to UK visa office???

LPls let me know the exact way.
Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)
Question 4

Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application

Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:

your country of nationality, or

the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289E4.asp

You send your application to the Mississauga office and indicate on IMM 0008 that you want it processed at the London office.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
crazylove said:

Are you located near a Canadian consulate or embassey? In that case I'd say: walk in and see if somebody can inform you about your options. There are the people that process your visa application, so they know what to do in your situation.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jurjen said:
Are you located near a Canadian consulate or embassey? In that case I'd say: walk in and see if somebody can inform you about your options. There are the people that process your visa application, so they know what to do in your situation.
1. You realize that CHCs don't have walkin information sessions. VO have better things to do with their time, i.e. process applications.
2. The chances are %99.99 that the OP will not get a TRV for Canada as his intention is to remain permanently in Canada, not visit. His In-Canada application spousal application is proof of that.
3. As he left Canada, his In-Canada application will be refused. His sponsor will have to apply for an out of Canada sponsorship and as probably wasn't admitted to the UK for a year, it will have to processed overseas in his country of citizenship.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
PMM said:
Hi

1. You realize that CHCs don't have walkin information sessions. VO have better things to do with their time, i.e. process applications.
2. The chances are %99.99 that the OP will not get a TRV for Canada as his intention is to remain permanently in Canada, not visit. His In-Canada application spousal application is proof of that.
3. As he left Canada, his In-Canada application will be refused. His sponsor will have to apply for an out of Canada sponsorship and as probably wasn't admitted to the UK for a year, it will have to processed overseas in his country of citizenship.
His chances are slightly better than .01% if he waits for Approval in Principle. By the way, this is a very old thread.