+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland application and travel after AOR

lifeisfun

Jan 26, 2015
Hello all,

My wife and I would like to travel for family reasons down to the US for 10 days.

We already have our AOR and just waiting for my OWP.

Our lawyer told us that we should only go after we received the OWP but there are family issues we have to attend to. I am a US citizen in Canada on a "visitor" status.

Can anyone shed any light into how to approach this situation? Has anyone had to experience this before?

Have already been waiting for this OWP for 12 weeks and still nothing. Does it actually matter?

Thank you!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Whether you have the OWP or not - there's always some slim chance you won't be allowed back into Canada. Since you are American - the chances of that happening are extremely slim. The OWP won't make a difference. I would go now and not wait.

Reactions: kcward7

trackgal1

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
If you applied for an OWP that means you applied inland. It's highly suggested to not travel outside Canada when you apply inland because if you get denied entry at the border (always a chance) then you application will be denied and you cannot appeal it and have to start over again. [Per what I've read]

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
If you applied for an OWP that means you applied inland. It's highly suggested to not travel outside Canada when you apply inland because if you get denied entry at the border (always a chance) then you application will be denied and you cannot appeal it and have to start over again. [Per what I've read]
Not true.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=248&top=28

If an individual meets all the admissibility requirements there should not be an issue. As scylla said no one can predict the mind of a border agent, but many people travel with no issue, as long as they meet the requirements and understand the potential risk involved.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Not true.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=248&top=28

If an individual meets all the admissibility requirements there should not be an issue. As scylla said no one can predict the mind of a border agent, but many people travel with no issue, as long as they meet the requirements and understand the potential risk involved.
???

Not sure what you read but I see absolutely nothing false in trackgirls's post.

Suggested not to travel when applying inland: True.

Always a chance of being denied entry: True

If denied, PR app is denied and must reapply: True.

acac999

Jun 17, 2017
???

Not sure what you read but I see absolutely nothing false in trackgirls's post.

Suggested not to travel when applying inland: True.

Always a chance of being denied entry: True

If denied, PR app is denied and must reapply: True.
Damn this really sucks.